Baggins Birthday Countdown: Twenty Two Oddities From The Hobbit

3 posters

Go down

Baggins Birthday Countdown: Twenty Two Oddities From The Hobbit Empty Baggins Birthday Countdown: Twenty Two Oddities From The Hobbit

Post by The Wobbit A Parody Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:00 pm

That's right, yet another piece of shameless self-promotion. My apologies to all.

In recognition of the birthday of Bilbo (and Frodo) Baggins, I thought I would share 22 of the funniest things I've noticed about The Hobbit. Funny as in "weird" or "Why did Tolkien do that?" I love The Hobbit, more than Lord Of The Rings, and I'm pointing out these oddities with great respect. They're part of why I love The Hobbit so much.

If possible, each daily post will also feature a way to celebrate Bilbo's birthday, beyond the usual wearing a costume around campus or dancing the springle-ring in a nearby park.

Sept 1: Thorin & Company brought no weapons on their quest
So, you're going on a quest to take your treasure back from a dragon. He may not want to let you have it. And the journey is likely to be dangerous. What would you include in you bags, parcels and paraphernalia? Swords! But they brought none!

For more, visit http://bagginsbirthdaycountdown.blogspot.com/2011/09/sept-1-thorin-company-brought-no.html?spref=fb

The Wobbit A Parody
The Wobbit A Parody
Ringwinner

http://thewobbitaparody.com

Back to top Go down

Baggins Birthday Countdown: Twenty Two Oddities From The Hobbit Empty Re: Baggins Birthday Countdown: Twenty Two Oddities From The Hobbit

Post by Orwell Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:31 am

Mad

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Baggins Birthday Countdown: Twenty Two Oddities From The Hobbit Empty Re: Baggins Birthday Countdown: Twenty Two Oddities From The Hobbit

Post by Forest Shepherd Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:25 pm

Shameless! Embarassed

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum