Welcome and Introductions (Newbies, Please)

+50
Cowley 121
Hillbilly
Anne
Bluebottle
Yavanna
malickfan
Forest Shepherd
Laivine
bungobaggins
Radaghast
RA
jon
Jac Jackson
TheUberNerdyKid
widfara
leelee
Barnamir
irca
Karakehribar
CC12 35
azriel
the truth
Foolofatook
MeikoElektra
David H
chris63
yooper
Monicawang
Kendalf
Lancebloke
Kafria
Turembar
halfwise
odo banks
feanor 1999
Semiramis
Norc
Mrs Figg
Aiglos
Lester Cat
Taniwha
Orwell
Tinuviel
Ally
Amarië
Squach
Ringdrotten
Pettytyrant101
PiP
Eldorion
54 posters

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Welcome and Introductions (Newbies, Please) - Page 37 Empty Re: Welcome and Introductions (Newbies, Please)

Post by Anne Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:19 pm

You mustn't listen to Lance, Bluebottle. I don't. Very Happy 

Clue-finder

Back to top Go down

Welcome and Introductions (Newbies, Please) - Page 37 Empty Re: Welcome and Introductions (Newbies, Please)

Post by Lancebloke Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:56 pm

Mad 
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Anne Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:04 pm

Never mind, Lance, I just have a natural aversion to the ill-mannered. Smile 

Clue-finder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:07 pm

Probably good you don't listen to me then. I'm very ill-mannered.... can't help it... I spend 4 days a week dealing with Londoners.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Anne Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:12 pm

You shouldn't lower yourself though. It does reflect badly.

Clue-finder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:20 pm

That is probably the advantage (or possibly disadvantage) of not minding what people think of me.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:35 pm

Thank you for the friendly advise Anne, though I really don't mind.

If you get annoyed at that sort of thing I guess it might help to look past the rhetoric and see the actual person.

Lance seems like a nice guy for all his protestations.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Anne Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:38 pm

I do worry about what bubbles below the surface though.

Clue-finder

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:41 am

Bluebottle wrote:Well thank you for that welcome. I'm deeply flattered!

I don't know half of you half as well as I would have liked and I don't like..... Well maybe not that last part.

But thank you again.
Welcome

Welcome and Introductions (Newbies, Please) - Page 37 Ronawk
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:04 am

Ringdrotten wrote:Really cool to hear about how you celebrate your Norwegian heritage, Forest :DLike Norc said, I'm from Norway too. My nick is actually the Norwegian translation of The Lord of the Rings (Ringdrotten means "The Ring Lord" or "The Ring King"). Out of curiosity, does the show "Alt for Norge" ("Everything for Norway") air in the US? It's a reality show about Americans who descended from Norwegians, and as the weeks go by they compete in all sorts of stuff relating to Norwegian culture and history. It's quite fun as it doesn't have the bitterness and enmity between the contestants usually found in reality shows, but instead there is pure joy and excitement over being in the country they feel such strong ties with. It's a great show, but I'm guessing it doesn't reach a big enough audience to air in the US.

PS: You'll be better of sticking to the Norwegian side of your family, those Swedes are a shady bunch Nod
I must look into seeing some of that Ringdrotten, sounds quite entertaining. I've never heard of it before. Apparently it's marketed in the U.S. as The Great Norway Adventure and only appears on TVNorge, a far-less-than-well-known channel.

Also, I should point out that I'm a bit disconnected from my pseudo-Norwegian, primarily-American cultural roots back in Minnesota, as I and most of my family moved to central California many years ago. I'm kind of like an American-Norwegian that's been removed several times, like someone reusing a tea-bag until the tea carries only a hint of the original flavour. Razz
I suppose that's what "generational drift" is.

P.S.
Funnily enough, although the highest concentration of Norwegian immigrant-descendents can be found in the Northern Mid-West, the second highest concentration is found in the Pacific Northwest; perhaps that's where all the wussies go that can't handle the winter-cold.

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:59 am

Bluebottle wrote:Thank you for the friendly advise Anne, though I really don't mind.

If you get annoyed at that sort of thing I guess it might help to look past the rhetoric and see the actual person.

Lance seems like a nice guy for all his protestations.
I was just being difficult. People here know what I think of them. Was merely trying to point out that people here have thick skins and respect the opinions of others so don't think you shouldn't give yours just because it might offend. We all get over it.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:07 pm

people here have thick skins - Lance

I dont', its more sort of....gnarled.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:57 pm

Don't worry about it Lance. I don't mind at all.

I read your comments as tounge in cheek and if anything found them quite amusing.

My comment was also meant to be read in that spirit. If anything I was afraid I had libeled you by calling you a nice guy.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:18 pm

dont mind Lance, them Rangers are solitary folk and prone to sardonic monosyllabic grunting. Its being out in the wilds of Canary Wharf all day and night wot does it. mischief mainly. No
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:45 am

Mrs Figg wrote:dont mind Lance, them Rangers are solitary folk and prone to sardonic monosyllabic grunting. Its being out in the wilds of Canary Wharf all day and night wot does it. mischief mainly. No
Nod 

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

Remember Merp - July 11th, 2013
RA
RA
Defender of the faith and Dunedain of the thread

Back to top Go down

Post by Hillbilly Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:04 am

Hello all. Posting a quick intro, although those of you from Bree know me somewhat. I prefer to post quick sarcastic comments for my own amusement, but for some reason I have made the decision to wade eyebrow deep into a religious discussion on the big bad serious forum. You will get more of an upshot of who I am if you read some of those posts. I'm enjoying the debate, but am looking forward to having time for the short quick barbs that are the trademark of any good Hillbilly.
Hillbilly
Hillbilly
Burglar

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:32 am

Hi. Wave 

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:21 am

Hi Hillbilly. Well met!

Welcome and Introductions (Newbies, Please) - Page 37 IMG_3403
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:24 am

Morning!
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:27 am

A fellow Breelander Wave 

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

Remember Merp - July 11th, 2013
RA
RA
Defender of the faith and Dunedain of the thread

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:38 am

Its like a bloody invasion. Mad {{Yes, that is my crabbit way of saying welcome}}}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:15 am

hey hey !! Wave just be careful people don't think you're a troll Nod
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:01 am

David H wrote:Hi Hillbilly. Well met!

Welcome and Introductions (Newbies, Please) - Page 37 IMG_3403

Wonderful! cheers

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:10 am

is that farmer dave standing in a pink field with a majestic beard?
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:50 pm

I must think so! cheers 

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next