Welcome and Introductions (Newbies, Please)

+50
Cowley 121
Hillbilly
Anne
Bluebottle
Yavanna
malickfan
Forest Shepherd
Laivine
bungobaggins
Radaghast
RA
jon
Jac Jackson
TheUberNerdyKid
widfara
leelee
Barnamir
irca
Karakehribar
CC12 35
azriel
the truth
Foolofatook
MeikoElektra
David H
chris63
yooper
Monicawang
Kendalf
Lancebloke
Kafria
Turembar
halfwise
odo banks
feanor 1999
Semiramis
Norc
Mrs Figg
Aiglos
Lester Cat
Taniwha
Orwell
Tinuviel
Ally
Amarië
Squach
Ringdrotten
Pettytyrant101
PiP
Eldorion
54 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Welcome and Introductions (Newbies, Please) - Page 22 Empty Re: Welcome and Introductions (Newbies, Please)

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:49 pm

No posts no NotP Birthday special- them's the rules! Twisted Evil

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Welcome and Introductions (Newbies, Please) - Page 22 Empty Re: Welcome and Introductions (Newbies, Please)

Post by Jac Jackson Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:03 pm

I do not know how true it is but, I heard they are looking to add female roles. How about a young Elf songstress with an Enchanting Otherworldly Voice, Jackie Evancho would be perfect for the part.

Jac Jackson

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:05 pm

hellu newbie.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Welcome and Introductions (Newbies, Please) - Page 22 Empty New to the Forum but many of you probably know me already

Post by jon Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:44 pm

Hi there, my name in Jon and I'm new to the Forum, but probably many of you know me already. I post over at The Hobbit Movie Forum all the time. I figured I should come over here and join up and say hi since I think this is likely the place where I will ultimately belong. Please forgive me if I'm slow to reply but I try and keep up on the reading over at the other forum and, well, you know, life intervenes and there's never enough time...

I posted once here before but I think it might have gotten removed... can't find it anymore. Didn't realize I was supposed to post to the introductions thread first... please excuse the blunders of a newbie!

So answer the questions posed in the first post at the top of this thread:

• I first ran across Tolkien when my Mom read the Hobbit to me and my bro when I was, like, 3 or 4 or 6 or something. Everyone else in my family read tLotR so I endeavored to give it a go starting in the 3rd or 4th grade but didn't finish until the 5th or 6th I think (can't remember). The Hildenbrant Calendars were around back then and my bro kept getting them so I had this constant visual impetus to spur me on. I've read them all several times over since then. I used to read TH outloud to my cat on frequent occasion to take a break from studying calculus (and to keep my sanity). As a consequence I've got some sections of the book memorized.

• I'm a fan of the Bakshi (tho I have quite a few critical things to say about it) and a bigger fan of the Jackson trilogy but I'm an even Huger fan of Tolkien in general. I have quite a few critical things to say about the PJ versions as well, but still like them quite a bit.

• My user name is my last name. It's somewhat unique - rare and hard to find. You guys can call me Jon tho (that username was already taken, unlike over at the Hobbit Movie Forum).

• I came here by invite of Petty and others who I talk to constantly over at that Forum. I have a web-site:

http://layofleithian.blogspot.com/

It's my own edition of the Lay of Leithian. Comments are welcome!

I'll probably only check in here on occasion as I'll do most of my posting over at Bree as you guys call it. Just wanted to stop by and say Hi!
jon
jon
Burglar

Location : a dry, bare sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat.

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:00 pm

Well hi Jon! I doubt if anything has been removed, there's so much going on here that we often have a hard time finding something we posted a week ago. But there's a special palantir trick: If you click on your name and go to 'statistics' it will let you find all your posts, and you posted here briefly a week ago.

What makes you feel this is where you ultimately belong? If you consider yourself a free spirit with a tendency to wander off topic, this may indeed be the place for you. Welcome!

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:01 pm

I used to read TH outloud to my cat on frequent occasion to take a break from studying calculus (and to keep my sanity).

You so belong here. Welcome, Jon!

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:07 pm

hi Jon I post over in Bree as figgsbane, nice to see you wander over, put your feet up and enjoy yourself. Thumbs Up
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:13 pm

Hi koriagin, like the name where's it from? it's defo unique.
Ur blunder is excused, i don't think we're that strick to rules and such Wink

i took a quick look at your webside Smile cool ^^
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:26 pm

Welcome to Forumshire Jon. cheers

Posts are very rarely deleted on here - and only or spam usually- sure your post is still about somewhere- but stuff tends to get buried pretty fast around here.

I have recommend it before, but I shall take this opportunity to recommend your site once more- anyone with an interest or just delight in the Lay of Luthian should check it out.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:28 pm

yeah, stuff kind of can dissapear under tons of garbage in like five minutes.. sorry ^^ i hope u like it here Very Happy I was at the other forum, but ehm.. I kind of lost track. everuone's so serious over there.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:10 pm

Norc wrote:yeah, stuff kind of can dissapear under tons of garbage in like five minutes

Especially when certain unnamed people run spamathons! Rolling Eyes
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:13 pm

what! ...
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:16 pm

You ask What, but you know Who.
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:55 pm

Sofa
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Welcome and Introductions (Newbies, Please) - Page 22 Empty Thanks!

Post by jon Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:38 pm

Thanks for all the greetings!

Found my original post... I lost track of where I first posted! Still finding my way around...
jon
jon
Burglar

Location : a dry, bare sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat.

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:40 pm

yeah, took me some time too. though torn's forum is way more confusing Wink
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:47 pm

Hi John, welcome to Forumshire! I've ocassionally posted on Bree-land (our name for The Hobbit Movie Forum) under the names Jacob and Eldorion. I came across your website through a link over there a while back and was very impressed by the obvious effort that went into it. Smile
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:52 pm

yeah, I too posts rarely at Bree. As Nora Wink before as my facebook name and that was weird as I got many friend requests from strangers...
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:08 pm

Was that "Hello Nora" guy one of them? He (or she) was weird.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:30 pm

I dunno.. Shrugging
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:14 am

Things are always happening in Bree.
I think the Tolkien World thread is going to locked Wink

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

Remember Merp - July 11th, 2013
RA
RA
Defender of the faith and Dunedain of the thread

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:05 pm

MAYBE THIS IS WHY?? Laughing
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by RA Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:34 pm

Oh most definetly.
He doesn't like shouting, you know. Wink

"From him they learnt many things it were not good for any but the great Valar to know, for being half-comprehended such deep hidden things slay happiness; and besides many of the sayings of Melko were cunning lies or were but partly true, and the Noldoli ceased to sing, and their viols fell silent upon the hill of Kôr, for their hearts grew somewhat older as their lore grew deeper and their desires more swollen, and the books of their wisdom were multiplied as the leaves of the forest."

Remember Merp - July 11th, 2013
RA
RA
Defender of the faith and Dunedain of the thread

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:37 pm

THAT WAS SUCH A WEIRD THING TO BE ANNOYED AT, THOUGH SRLSY I HATES ME Shrugging
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:38 pm

So nothing to do with people getting angsty, text typing, spammers, & general trouble makers ? oh yes, Us ladies getting gooey over HOT guys from LOTRs ! Oh Oh Oh & the rousing "debates" with our own dear Petty ! Very Happy
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next