Anyone notice this- Most users ever online was 177 on Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:24 pm

5 posters

Go down

Anyone notice this- Most users ever online was 177 on Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:24 pm Empty Anyone notice this- Most users ever online was 177 on Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:24 pm

Post by malickfan Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:59 pm

Very recent and a very random time of day, although it would be nice to get more visitors/members join the forum I'm guessing there as a sudden spam/bot attack?

Just curious.

(Also, if anyone was wondering why I haven't been posting much recently-nothing to worry about, I'v just been busy and have been working the overnight shift for the past year so I'm rather knackered alot of the time)

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Anyone notice this- Most users ever online was 177 on Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:24 pm Empty Re: Anyone notice this- Most users ever online was 177 on Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:24 pm

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:14 pm

{{ MMm that is odd. 177! Thats more active members than I think weve ever had at one time- how weird. Especially as these days theres really only half a dozen of us popping by and probably fewer posting often these days.
Any insights Amarie?

I know how nights go Malick- did nightshift in care for decades, still work two nights a week in the hotel. Can be quite odd working twilight- most of the year go to work in the dark come home in the dark. Can be odd at times. }}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Anyone notice this- Most users ever online was 177 on Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:24 pm Empty Re: Anyone notice this- Most users ever online was 177 on Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:24 pm

Post by halfwise Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:18 pm

That would get to me. Don't know how the truly northern set gets through the winter.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:23 am

They store up excess sun during the summer. Nod

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:58 pm

{{ Nah- northern Fjordians hibernate like bears - thats why Norcs not popped by for her birthday thread Nod }}

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:32 pm

Good point. Blue and Ringo have been notable by their absences, though we did have a streak of Blue recently.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:54 pm

Posting was easy when there was a lot to talk about relating to the primary purpose of the forum. I haven't posted about anything Tolkein for a while.

On the other hand, most other stuff ends up with politics and this is not the best format for politics.

I find it hard to post here these days. Not because of people, more just "what do I post?"
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:09 pm

Is there such a thing as a good format for politics?

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:15 pm

{{ If something I happen upon in Letters or something strikes me as interesting, as something just did and I'll be posting about after this, I'll bung it up to see if generates any discussion. Doesnt matter if it doesnt but all the better if something happens too. This place is sort of special just for having perservered this long, its just sort of good its here and I enjoy the company of folk Ive never met but have spent over ten years of my life talking too, writing ridiculous tales for or silly newpapers or whatever. Its just nice to know its still around. But for it be here there has to be at least just enough activity to keep it ticking over till somehting new, like the Amazon series gets really going and gives us fodder for discussion and regenerates interest again.
And till then I have least stuff like the Who thread where its fortunate there are a few who watch and take an interest in that show, and theres politics to chat with those who enjoy that or films. We might all be just sort of minding the shop but its still nice to have a shop. }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Jan 02, 2024 11:15 am

{{ We have a new member! (yeah ok its taken me two weeks to notice but Ive been drunk! )It's been so long since someone new signed up, I do so hope they stop by to say hello. So on behalf of Forumshire Welcome Elsie Honyeybourne, they signed up just before xmas but haven't said hello yet, so just wanted to say you're very welcome to our small, but enthusiastically eccentric family. }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:09 pm

Hi Elsie! If you read this, don't be shy ... we even have a thread where you can introduce yourself.

halfwise

Back to top Go down