Mrs Figg
Pettytyrant101
halfwise
Forest Shepherd
azriel
14 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Just...................whatever - Page 3 Empty Re: Just...................whatever

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:53 pm

yep that's quite spooky and tragic. No
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Just...................whatever - Page 3 Empty Re: Just...................whatever

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:53 pm

hey Lance, how are you today? hope you are feeling a bit better. I love you
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:44 am

Happy Easter!

Figgy - I am doing OK thanks.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:46 am

great to hear Lance. Happy Easter. flower
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:52 am

{{ Glad to hear your doing ok Lance- hopefuly you'll be back to normal and full of ribena and on a secret mission before you know it! }}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:35 pm

Yep, two thumbs up Lance !! Keep chugging on !
Its odd to say Happy Easter this year but,..... Happy Easter Everyone !!!!

Just...................whatever - Page 3 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Just...................whatever - Page 3 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:05 pm

Same! I hope you're all doing well

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:08 pm

Everyone's saying happy Easter - when do we get Wester?

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:27 pm

:facepalm:

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:49 pm

Has anyone ever thought that the transporters on Star Trek destroy the original person and create a brand new one each time?

Would you ever get in one if you knew you were going to die and a exact clone would live in your place without anyone else ever having a clue?
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:59 pm

it depends on whether it clones your mind and thoughts and your sense of self exactly. But yeah is quite creepy when you think about it. If the soul does exist, would it clone your soul or essence as well.

say for example someone is cloned exactly, do both people have the same sense of self, and how would that work with two separate entities having the exact same sense of self. I cant imagine how it would feel, to feel the same person in two different bodies. not either or, but both, at the same time.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:46 pm

I think Star Trek tried to stay as far away from thinking too much about the transporter as possible.  It was just a cheaper effect than doing shuttle landings, then it took on a life of its own.

From a technical standpoint I think warp drive is more believable.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:04 pm

https://www.facebook.com/walterdorsettphotography/videos/315052819142871/

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:29 pm

This could hold Bucky Petty ?

https://www.boredpanda.com/wine-cellar-stairs-reduced-dead-space/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=BPFacebook&fbclid=IwAR0jSFrEyM1lw1mPbQMGUzPIzOwc4j-1NYmrFMtOAM_wvPaJjn4anvCHp2Q

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:13 pm

But there was a whole character created from a transporter accident.... Thomas Riker. What if that was just doubling the original problem by creating 2 copies after killing the original....?

I am never getting in one of those if they get invented! Shuttle craft budget limitations or not!
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:17 am

{{ Az no not for me- Id forget leave them half out and kill myself drunken going downstairs! Shocked

Regards transporters- in the show McCoy never trusted them, thought they were dangerous and suspected the person who came out the other end was not technically the same one that went in- which bothered hm a lot.
This is why at start of ST Motion Picture he is refusing to be beamed up. }}

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:20 am

Lancebloke wrote:Has anyone ever thought that the transporters on Star Trek destroy the original person and create a brand new one each time?

Would you ever get in one if you knew you were going to die and a exact clone would live in your place without anyone else ever having a clue?

Have you ever watched "The Prestige" Lance? It turns out Nikola Tesla invented the transporter in the 1890's, and yeah, it's pretty creepy..... pale

Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:22 pm

I really don't know if I do have COVID or not... but this fucking sucks! It is definitely not the worst I have ever felt but 3 weeks of struggling to be able to do basic stuff is not nice.

I think everyone is taking it seriously on here... but just in case I can tell you with a good degree of certainty that having this is bollocks and having been in a "hot zone" in hospital I can also tell you that it gets far worse than I am dealing with right now.

I have also seen first hand hospital staff trying to deal with it including people that were clearly retired/moved on but have come back to help and trainee nurses getting thrown in the deep end.

Stay the fuck in if you don't need to go out!!!
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:35 pm

watching the inflection points on the number of cases I think there was a huge change in behaviour once stories started to come out about how bad it really was. I know I wasn't that worried until the stories started to pile up. My rule now for going to the grocery store is only when it's raining, because then folks tend to stay away.

Hope you pull through soon, Lance!

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:47 pm

Halfy - Thanks. I think I wasn't far off of Boris about a week ago and from everything I have read and people I have spoken to (GPs, hospital etc) I think it will be a good few weeks before I shake this off.

Sounds like you have a good plan. There seem to be a lot of people who just don't get it though. Even my auntie (who asks me how I am every other day and provides her professional opinion on how to get better) seems hell bent on going out if she can find an excuse.

I get it... staying in and not being able to see family etc is hard... super hard for some people. Its not worth it right now though.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:52 pm

Laughing your auntie sounds like my mom.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:02 pm

Stay strong Lance. Im lucky, I don't even have a sniff, in fact I feel really well at the moment. I know all that can change in a heart beat. Your words are the most honest Ive heard so far. As much as I really do want you to feel better very very soon I respect what you say.

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:14 pm

{{ hope you feel better soon Lance, and yeah this is much more serious than many seem to be treating it. Personally I am only going out when I really have to- which is mainly for shoppng and checking on my mother (from a safe distance). I was gobsmacked to see the protests in america against a lockdown- mad. }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:19 pm

Big country, many areas haven't see the effects yet, and Trump has convinced a significant fraction of the population not to believe the media. I know very intelligent and aware people in Alabama that a few weeks ago were planning meetings in May and I told them they simply hadn't gotten their dose of reality yet. Six weeks ago I was in the same mindset myself.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:45 pm

This is my 6th week of self isolation. I have only left the house 3 times to do essential shopping. Luckily we live in an isolated village and its ok to walk up the hills because there is nobody about. I still feel paranoid though, even in open fields which is a bit silly because its not the plague, its not in the fresh air, its other people you need to worry about. Most people wear masks while driving their cars which seems like its paranoia, but everyone has seen what happened in Lombardy and are not taking any chances. In May when they relax the self isolation rules its going to become law that everyone has to wear masks when in public and doing the shopping, and that will probably stay in force all year.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum