Pettytyrant101
azriel
Mrs Figg
12 posters

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

All New Who - Page 13 Empty Re: All New Who

Post by halfwise Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:17 am

Christmas trees wrapped with too much foil to make them crabby.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:28 am

{{Personally I think they are an inspired design. The idea was that scifi in the 50's and 60's in particular aliens were always some bloke with a mask on, or some antennae sticking out their heads, or a humanlike robot thing. So the first thing they decided was that to make it 'alien' and uncomfortable for humans it should have no legs, no obvious means by which is propels itself. Instead it should just glide.
And those lines are just superb, like a classic car or something it timeless, its a design that up till now, with only a few minor changes has pretty much remeianed unchanged for more than half a century. Its got an instantly recognisable profile (as any car designer will tell you lines are key) and combined with the brutal scrape the inside of your head metallic voice and their tendency to scream everything makes them weirdly uncomfortable. Especially to children.

Now this is a crabbit xmas tree!

}}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:44 am

{{ Cant remember if Ive put this up before or not, but its a very funny, painfully accurate review of series 12's Orphan 55 from everyones (second) favourite drunk Scot, the Critical Drinker. }}

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:48 pm

I miss chavtastic Jackie. Crying or Very sad
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:17 pm

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:33 am

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:27 pm

Petty can't remember where the Tennant/Michael Sheen vid is, but I was enjoying it and the Samuel L Jackson thing until it suddenly got weird and freaky. Sheen started fake crying on camera about someone, and it all turned a bit nasty. Like it was a big "oooh look at me I am a fantastic actor darling, aren't I edgy and ironic" dunno, I know it was all 'to camera' but it looked so sharp it would cut itself. But maybe its just me. Shrugging
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:32 pm

{{ Its all staged and acted for laughs Figg. They are very good friends playing up for the camera.}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:36 pm

I know it is all staged, but the fake crying about somebody dying was fucking weird.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:41 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:

That was so silly and so fun. I loved the Dalek. That is so Who; grab what you got and make it work. It has more of an Dalek feel than the one Petty posted earlier.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:38 pm

{{{ There is also an interview bit. Its such a shame the writing for her Doctor and her stories have been so weak, yet so divisive. If you read Moffats short story, The Terror of the Umpty Umps, featuring the current Doctor (and if you havent you should, its not long and worth the read- https://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/doctorwho/entries/a094ba61-81b2-465b-9b87-2f509fe2a117 ) is thebest version of her Ive seen so far. If she were written like that, its recognisably the Doctor, and one that likes to talk and rabbiton to herself, but as Moffat's note to Gaimans first script were he had the Doctor babbling nonsencal things-'the Doctor talks a lot, but he never wastes a word', itself a quote from Who. Very Happy Moffat keeps her babbling, but doesnt waste it.

In spoilers as will spoil the short story, so read it first!

Spoiler:
}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:43 pm

The more I see of Jodie herself - the enthusiasm and energy, the more depressing it is to think about the crap writing she must work with.

The Umpty Umps is a good read, go read it.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:39 pm

Oh barf the lodger dude.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:52 am

The Umpty Umps is a good read, go read it. - Amarie

{{ If she had been written like that from the start Id probably even like her Doctor. At the very, very least I'd have no problem thinking of her as the Doctor. Sadly so far she just hasnt been the Doctor save a few very rare brief flashes.
Shows though how much more Moffat (or RTD for that matter) just undertands the Doctor as a character compared to Chibnal, he doesnt seem to really understand the character.
And we know she can act, she always seems fun and bubbly and just a little quirky in interviews, which all actors who have played the Doctor seem to be, so I can see why they went for her.
But she just hasnt had anything worth doing with the part, and the writing hasnt given her those Doctor moments- those hints of the ancient being within, the flashes of anger and impatientce and anger at the universe, clashing with their companions over the morality of a situation, and those moments of triumph where the Doctor somehow turns darkness into light and saves the day.
All hers are flat, one note, inconsitent.
I also dont think the production helps her, too many cast, the music doesnt back up her performance in the way Golds did previous NuWHo Doctors and the way the Radiophonic Workshop did for the classic Doctors, and questionable editing and direction.
And as you say Amarie, it seems such a shame, and waste of her talents. And of my favourite tv show.  Mad  

But to second her post- go read the Umpty Umps. Its really good.}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:20 am

{{ On the subject matter from my previous post thats in spoilers so as not to spoil any of the short story, the following will also be in spoilers.

Spoiler:
}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:04 pm

{{ classic moment- the look on Jodies face when Matt Smith is saying he really misses doing the xmas episodes, and Tennant is agreeing on how special they are. }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:40 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:

{{ classic moment- the look on Jodies face when Matt Smith is saying he really misses doing the xmas episodes, and Tennant is agreeing on how special they are. }}

Strange seeing Tennant with a beard...and even stranger seeing the three of them in a video together...makes me feel old...

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:48 pm

And speaking about, Tennant...Big Finish are up to their usual tricks of trying to drain the bank accounts of as many Who fans as they can:

https://www.bigfinish.com/releases/v/doctor-who-the-tenth-doctor-and-river-song-2273?

All New Who - Page 13 Large

Surprised it's taken them this long to do this tbh, it was clear since River's very first story (and one and only appearance with Tenant on TV) that she knew the 10th Doctor rather well and had already met him several times later on in his life (but earlier from her point of view). In the novelisation of The Day Of The Doctor also written by Moffat, The 10th Doctor has a short but rather hilarious encounter with River (shortly before he bumps into the 11th Doctor and the Queen in the story proper) and it's noted to be one of several encounters the 10th Doctor had with her by this point, Moffat clearly loves leaving gaps for Big Finish to explore...

It's interesting to note that this isn't listed as the next boxset in the existing 10th Doctor/River Song ranges but is volume 1 of its own series...does this hint at more to come?

Tennant has apparently also recorded a few other things for Big Finish during the lockdown....

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:58 pm

Im watching 2 Dr's being 2 different people. David Tennant being a stern but thorough Detective & Jodie Whittaker as a distraught mother & wife in ITV3's Broadchurch. Its on Monday nights at 9pm & its gripping, great drama.

All New Who - Page 13 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

All New Who - Page 13 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:02 pm

All New Who - Page 13 Dsc04712

Eastbourne has enlisted the help of Monsieur La Dalek to make sure everyone behaves in these demanding times....

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:53 pm

{{{ Malick- oh good, more stuff I want and cant afford!!  Mad I swear BF is for the ultra rich- not only would it cost a fortune to own all their Who output, youd need a life of leisure to have time to listen to it all.

Az- Whats amazing about Broadchurch, other than two Doctor actors in it together, and Jodie being, well good. Its that Chibnall wrote it all. Its gobsmacking to me that the man who wrote Broadchurch is now writing  the inconsisitent, politically driven, delibrelty divisive hack material we have, and that Jodie plays the Doctor as an incoherent gibberish babbling one-note character.
I mean, what happened? }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:18 am

I agree Petty, the difference in writing is astonishing ! How can he write one thing & yet dribble shit for what is so iconic as Dr Who. Its almost as though he's either to drunk to stand when he wrote for Dr Who, drugged to the eyeballs on Meths or Dragon or whatever OR he has a medical condition that's affected his brain OR he's been paid more to write shat OR his wife ( if he has one ? ) has said "oy Chibbers, Ive had enough, write one more episode & you can wash your own socks!" ………?

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:15 pm

{{{Couldnt agree more with my fellow crabbit drunken Scot Nod }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:30 pm

{{ talking of crabbit- love a crabbit Doctor! Very Happy }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:11 pm

God give me strength is all I can say, God give me strength.

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum