Searching for an old Numenor adaptation

+2
Manwe Sulimo
shiggy
6 posters

Go down

Searching for an old Numenor adaptation Empty Searching for an old Numenor adaptation

Post by shiggy Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:33 am

Somewhere around 2012 I stumbled upon a link in a forum for a fantastic treatment of a Numenor screen adaptation. It was quite lengthy and very well-thought through.

I can no longer find any trace of this on the internet and was wondering if anyone else could point me in the right direction, if they also had encountered it.

I seem to remember the author was a bit of a language-phile and the adaptation was possibly found on his site dedicated to Tolkien languages?

TIA!

shiggy
Shireling

Back to top Go down

Searching for an old Numenor adaptation Empty Re: Searching for an old Numenor adaptation

Post by Manwe Sulimo Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:23 am

You are most likely thinking of Helge Fauskanger's Westernesse.

https://folk.uib.no/hnohf/num-intro.htm
Manwe Sulimo
Manwe Sulimo
Lucky Number

Back to top Go down

Searching for an old Numenor adaptation Empty Re: Searching for an old Numenor adaptation

Post by Forest Shepherd Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:41 am

I am sure that Manwe is correct, as always.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:25 pm

Wait, how is it that we get 2 very rare posters both popping up on the same day? How are you Manwe and Shiggy?! Good to see you both!

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:02 pm

the Force has Awakened?
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Elthir Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:59 pm

I agree with some of what Fauskanger suggests might work here . . . and with me as casting director, art director, scriptwriter, cinematographer, and . . . erm. . . director . . .  it could work.

Also, I would like to play the part of a character named Elthir, a ridiculously handsome Half-Elf/Half-dark-grey-horse who ends up convincing a young Dunadan named Fauskanger that orc is a Westron word and should finally be added to the Ardalambion Westron wordlist.

Somebody make it happen!

Sharrasi's prentice

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:51 pm

I thought it interesting that all of the quotes from the movie were not Tolkien's own words, but were actually well written interpolations put into character's mouths.  They were well chosen and I think point out that at times the script writers really did do a good job at interpreting the work.

All the Amazon actors announced are for the first season; I think there is still hope for you on upcoming seasons, Elthir.  No doubt they are holding their best for later.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down