chris63
Bluebottle
Eldorion
Amarië
Norc
17 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Just...................whatever [8] - Page 30 Empty Re: Just...................whatever [8]

Post by Bluebottle Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:11 pm

Also, really, honestly, avoid Google, who stores all your data for their profit.

Try duckduckgo, which does not store your data, and.. is cute. It is an easy change in your browser settings.

duckduckgo.com

https://www.technowize.com/how-google-facebook-turned-into-behavior-modification-empires/

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/technology/de-google-your-life-it-s-worth-the-hassle-if-you-value-your-privacy-1.2211355

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Just...................whatever [8] - Page 30 Empty Re: Just...................whatever [8]

Post by Forest Shepherd Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:37 pm

Done. Smile

(I had a gigabyte of cache data in my browser! That seems like a lot.)

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:13 pm

Good on you, Forest, here is some more potentially eye-opening material. Nod

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2018/may/30/ten-arguments-deleting-your-social-media-accounts-right-now-jaron-lanier

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:01 am

{{ Here Halfy- any of these effect you? Are you the real Halfy or have you quantum leaped here from an alternative New York!  Suspect

Think I might have, could have sworn it was Ellis Island! }}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:49 pm

Only non-New Yorkers would think the Statue of Liberty is on Ellis Island. Ellis island is where immigrants were processed for the first part of the 20th century, and is very close to Liberty Island, so it both had a larger impact on the stories of the immigration experience while being closely associated with the Statue of Liberty.

My guess is the Black Tom explosion has not been remembered because it took a while for it to be discovered as an act of sabotage. The news cycle had already run out, so though the knowledge may have been part of the decision making on the part of the upper leadership to enter WW1, it was only a contributor to public opinion shifting against Germany, not a trigger point.

Most New Yorkers will not know the difference between Grand Central Terminal and Grand Central Station, but I have for a long time. The "station" refers to the subway station, which was there before the present railway terminal structure was built. People just kept referring to the location with the same name, and it rolls off the tongue better.

The only thing I didn't know about was that Lady Liberty was damaged by the Black Tom explosion, and the recent repairs had to do with that. I always thought the explosion was near Staten Island, and didn't realize it was next to Liberty Island.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:38 pm

https://www.facebook.com/thehorrorgallery/videos/2045504562227958/

I hate housework...…….Smile

Just...................whatever [8] - Page 30 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Just...................whatever [8] - Page 30 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:55 pm

looks like the sorcerers apprentice in there.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:05 am

{{{ Can come do my barrel Az! Nod Though might need special bristles on them to contend with the old buckie stains and molds No }}

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:19 pm

Something like this Petty Smile

Just...................whatever [8] - Page 30 Water

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:04 pm

{{{ Laughing yup Nod }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:43 pm

Quentin Crisp said 'life is too short to dust' I quite agree. Razz
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:53 pm

I only dust if I'm about to have visitors who haven't seen my place already. Happens a few times a year at best.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:57 pm

Dusting is pointless, its just moving it around a bit.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:30 am

I don't sweep it, I wipe it up with damp paper towels.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:10 pm

Having a shit time at the moment so I don't know when I will be posting. My dad is dying and I am going home to Manchester for a bit to see him.
My nextdoor neighbour is also in hospital with a stroke and wont be coming back home, and two of my cats died mysteriously in one day.
Things really suck and I feel weird.

oh yeah, and some twat stole all my money from my account through online shopping probably, but luckily I got the money back yesterday.

But SHIT!!
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:16 pm

{{ Thats awful Figg. I dont know what to say other than please don't be a stranger, Forumshire is just the sort of place you might need to escape to for a bit everyday just to clear your head, even if you arent posting too much. And if you need to chat just to get off some steam or other you can always pm me or anyone else you feel comfortable talking to. But dont do it all alone. }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:11 pm

Thanks Petty. I feel totally numb at the moment and it will probably hit me later. strangely ok at the moment.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:25 pm

Sorry to hear about your Dad. I haven't been through that yet, and even thinking about it feels strange. From what I've seen of other friends going through this, having kids makes it much easier, anchors you. Otherwise it must feel like an odd bit of unmooring in the works.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:33 pm

Im SO sorry to hear your nightmare Figgs Sad Hold on to something that gives you strength Figgy. I don't give a toss if it does sound daft, my dog is my rock in bad times. You don't need to worry or think of anything else but you & your dad. Love & Best wishes.

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:46 pm

I'm so sorry to hear that Mrs Figg! We lost Dad several years ago and we had a close call with Mom this spring. It's hard...

Mrs Figg wrote: I feel totally numb at the moment and it will probably hit me later. strangely ok at the moment.

I know that feeling. It's a gift. With time I found I could tap into it when I needed to just get a job done, then put it aside so I could remember and grieve when I was alone... Sad

Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:59 pm

thanks guys I love you
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:27 am

Sorry Figgs! Hang in there.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:21 pm

Thanks Forest.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:42 pm

That is tough news, Figgy. Sad *hugs*

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:37 am

Going to visit him in hospital today, its going to be horrible going home and him not being there. He has always been my rock, he is the toughest, most no nonsense, sarcastic, and stubborn person I have ever met, and he was always there in times of trouble to sort me out, give me a few quids and send me on my way. I will hate to see him fragile and dependant of other people.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum