chris63
Bluebottle
Eldorion
Amarië
Norc
17 posters

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

Just...................whatever [8] - Page 7 Empty Re: Just...................whatever [8]

Post by Mrs Figg Tue May 15, 2018 8:56 pm

Shocked
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Just...................whatever [8] - Page 7 Empty Re: Just...................whatever [8]

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue May 15, 2018 9:46 pm

{{What? I'll be very artistic about it!! }}}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue May 15, 2018 10:24 pm

{{Guess the classic art original from its colours! }}}

Just...................whatever [8] - Page 7 Retouched_zpshlbqr7gg

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue May 15, 2018 10:35 pm

Looks like the wampa from the Empire Strikes Back.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue May 15, 2018 11:24 pm

Sunflowers ? Van Goooooooooogh ?

Just...................whatever [8] - Page 7 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Just...................whatever [8] - Page 7 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue May 15, 2018 11:26 pm

I'm trying to find something I could give you to abuse........ Very Happy

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed May 16, 2018 4:38 am

{{ Not a wampa- well might be now- and no sunflowers either. Ill give you a clue- I also turned it upside down! }}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed May 16, 2018 4:40 am

Reasonably confident that it's the Mona Lisa.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed May 16, 2018 6:04 am

{{{{  Well spotted Eldo! Thumbs Up You win a bottle of buckie!  cheers  Sadly however due to UShobbits being too weak and frail I am unable to ship buckie to UShobbits under the law, but not to worry I will celebrate your win for you Eldo by drinking it myself Nod drunken on your behalf of course drunken drunken  Congratulations!  drunken drunken drunken }}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed May 16, 2018 12:58 pm

Now why would you feel the need to turn it upside down as well?

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed May 16, 2018 1:23 pm

This audio thing is pretty good. Be sure to scroll down to the geek video where he changes the pitch.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/yanny-versus-laurel-says-hear-225728167.html

In other news, I've found with certain version of the white and gold dress if I squint I can see blue and black. Darkening the screen helps somewhat.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed May 16, 2018 3:25 pm

http://themindcircle.com/worst-metal-band-promo-photos/

Giggle over this !

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed May 16, 2018 3:27 pm

halfwise wrote:This audio thing is pretty good.  Be sure to scroll down to the geek video where he changes the pitch.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/yanny-versus-laurel-says-hear-225728167.html

In other news, I've found with certain version of the white and gold dress if I squint I can see blue and black.  Darkening the screen helps somewhat.

I heard...."yairy" ? Smile

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed May 16, 2018 6:04 pm

ok heres another photo, I tried to improve it with Photobucket editing tool  Rolling Eyes
but it still has blooming, spots and grainy as fuq, and assorted yuck. bon appetit

Just...................whatever [8] - Page 7 Fc9fc1f6-ae72-42d1-83df-c5b36c1d9633_zpsygx0rdex

Just...................whatever [8] - Page 7 44dcb10e-ddb9-4c6e-a547-e5a2c6352593_zpswz9gljwc
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Wed May 16, 2018 7:06 pm

halfwise wrote:Now why would you feel the need to turn it upside down as well?
yeah that was a cheap trick!

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed May 16, 2018 7:19 pm

Actually Figgy, I think that background work would be much easier than the last one. You should give it a whirl yourself. Copy and paste, smudge, repeat.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed May 16, 2018 10:07 pm

I don't have Photoshop. Sad I used to have Photoshop elements which was great, but it was a free 30 day trial thingie.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed May 16, 2018 10:29 pm

{{ You need to GIMP up Figg Twisted Evil

Removing grain ect from old pictures is actually really hard- mainly because using tools like despeckle ect will remove some of it but only a limited amount and with ech pass of it you will lose detail as it basically smooths and smudges out the grain.

With that in mind I had a go anyway and this is best I've got plus was my Dad's 70th today and I'm also drunk  drunken drunken well more drunk than my usual background drunk, so pretty drunk  drunken drunken drunken and probably rambling about now too I reckon, I'm about that drunk Nod drunken ...I was saying something...yeah here- drunk version! }}}

Just...................whatever [8] - Page 7 Fc9fc1f6_ae72_42d1_83df_c5b36c1d9633_zpsygx0rdex

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed May 16, 2018 10:34 pm

Somehow I was thinking of the spots on the wall and totally missed the speckle. Yeah once the speckle reaches the size of detail then you got problems.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu May 17, 2018 12:49 pm

that's superb work Petty, and on the Haggis Juice too! cheers drunken cyclops the background is much better, I wondered about grainy tools smoothing everything out, but you have kept all the details perfectly.

Thumbs Up
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu May 17, 2018 1:31 pm

Yeah, gimp is free, and if I remember right it's laid out somewhat more intuitively than photoshop. Still a bit of a learning curve for both, but not horrible. Nothing matches the supreme simplicity of the original microsoft Paint.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu May 17, 2018 3:05 pm

{{Paint was simple but behind the times even then- I started out on one of the great pioneers of the art program- Deluxe Paint on the humble Commodore Amiga- that refined and innovated so many tools and ideas that are now standards across art packages- an oft forgotten gem of early programming and came out in 85, same year as Paint but so far ahead of it }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu May 17, 2018 6:29 pm

trouble is I found Gimp hard to use. I remember trying it and wanting to throw my computer out the window in frustration, but that just my reaction to most things Metal
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu May 17, 2018 6:49 pm

I was wondering if you lot could help me find a way to describe a theory I want to express but cant find the words or philosophies used in the past to describe it, if it has been described that is. Its about cities, and in particular Bangkok.

I may have to waffle incoherently for a bit. Surprised

ok, so you know that cities have layers in time and space, a palimpsest of past present and future, but all can be seen 'now' and you know how this perspective, atmosphere, changes as different people from different times, places, religions and nationalities have looked upon the city? that you can visit a city which has layers of ancient temples, modern skyscrapers, slums, palaces, golden rooves and shit on the street, views, panoramas, political upheavals, kings who were gods turning into icons in a massive kaleidoscope of filaments growing out like mycorrhizal fungi connecting everything?
well what the fuck IS that? have writers mentioned anything similar, I tried looking at Borges, Calvino, but nothing really fits. maybe something like the internet is closest, but not for something physical made from stone, brick, paint and bodies and yet also in the mind, imagination, dreams, and literature.

No
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu May 17, 2018 7:53 pm

Are you expecting that there's a word to describe it? If looking for a poetical description I think you did pretty well, especially with the fungi analogy.

For writers, try Luc Sante. He was inspired by this aspect you describe in New York City to write a history of these forgotten undercurrents - a book called Lowlife.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum