malickfan
Mrs Figg
Eldorion
16 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

Harry Potter [2] - Page 8 Empty Re: Harry Potter [2]

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Dec 25, 2019 12:08 pm

from this video it's clear that a trans man can't always disguise his former maleness.- Halfy

{{ When I first started watching their videos on Who I had no idea they were trans (what is the right pronoun!!!) anyhow, after a few episodes as much as I had given it any thought I figured they were probably a bit camp or gay, as I had noticed a tendency towards painted nails and feminine earrings. But as I couldnt give two hoots about how other people want to present or represent themsleves, I cant say as I gave it much thought, quality of content being more by far more important. Their gender specifics are not even relevant.
But it was not until a video on trans representation in media that they appreared in the full femine guise and I realised that was it.

As you can see Who vids are far less 'out' (for want of a better word). }}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Dec 25, 2019 1:38 pm

I suppose the proper terminology here is "trans woman" as it indicates acceptance as a woman, not a man.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:01 am

Had the 'pleasure' of rewatching The Prisoner of Azkaban tonight - still the shittiest piece of shit ever to come out of this franchise. How this is, by some, considered to be the best of the movies in the series, is beyond me. I can't see how it makes sense to those who haven't read the book and I can't see how it pleases those who have. Garbage

Harry Potter [2] - Page 8 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:21 pm

I still don't understand how so many people considered the first film to not measure up to the standards of many of the rest. I felt it captured the magic quite well without going so dark as the others.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:46 pm

Harry Potter [2] - Page 8 Nl3exefco5q51

Harry Potter [2] - Page 8 Pkdf2dwenxl51

Harry Potter [2] - Page 8 8gv4orfmj3151

Harry Potter [2] - Page 8 Id91zw5xhkl51

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:23 pm

Laughing

Harry Potter [2] - Page 8 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Harry Potter [2] - Page 8 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:59 pm

halfwise wrote:I still don't understand how so many people considered the first film to not measure up to the standards of many of the rest.  I felt it captured the magic quite well without going so dark as the others.

The first film was the best one. Nod it went downhill from Azkaban onwards. When Yates took over he slowly killed the magic.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:20 pm

Philosopher's Stone is definitely a solidly made and appealing family film, that said I've always felt much of the cinematography/camera work was rather pedestrian and the acting (including the adult cast members) decidedly hit and miss, also (I'm aware this is an ironic complaint given all the moaning I've done over the years about PJ's adaptations) I sometimes feel that the first two films were overly faithful to the books to the point that the pacing suffers and it's less enjoyable and surprising as an adaptation, virtually all the key plot points and much of the dialogue were lifted verbatim from the books, in retrospect I think I'd have preferred something more fluid and daring that reflected the tone/spirit of the books rather than a more visually bland but faithful adaptation.

It sometimes feels like I'm just watching the book copied across to a movie, rather than a film adaptation and presenting things in a new context in a different medium,

Deathly Hallows and Prisoner Of Azkaban will always remain my favourite of the films (and probably of the books too) because i felt they balanced the tone and captured the spirit of the books well(and much of the plot) but still did enough different and were visually interesting to stand alone as films rather than just copying and pasting from the books.

Then again it's been years since i've watched or read any of them, and at this point i know the stories so well it's hard to view them as I first did as a kid. 10 year old me would have been completely enthralled by any of the Potter films, regardless of how lazy the camerawork or wonky the CGI was...

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:10 pm

https://www.slashfilm.com/harry-potter-and-the-sorcerers-stone-early-cut-length/

scratch study  Hmmm, I wonder what those deleted 18 minutes were? It's been years since I watched the film but Philosopher's Stone probably included/referenced 90% of the book already, from memory there's about 6 or 7 minutes of deleted scenes on the DVD which seeme dmostly to be cut for pacing reasons.

I know they filmed but deleted some scenes with Rick Mayall as the poltergiest Peeves, more scenes at Gringotss and I think Hermione's task with the Potions before they face Quirrel. I think they also filmed a flashback of the murder of Harry's Parents, and perhaps some more scenes with Norbert the Dragon (IIRC in the book its Harry and Hermione who are repsonsible for sending Norbert away, in the film it's mentioned by Hagrid in a line of dailogue)?

Overall I think the first film is already quite lengthy and very faithful to the book, I don't think an extended edition would necessarily benefit it much (unlike say Prisoner Of Azkaban which had over 30 minutes of footage cut out, or The Order Of The Phoniex which apparently had nearly a hour of footage deleted) but it would be interesting to see some of the deleted footage...

I think sooner or later Warner Brothers will end up remaking the books as a series of yearly miniseries (the books are already structured very episodically, and you could easily get 8-10 hour long episodes out of the later books)

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:42 pm

Peeves. It's all Peeves. 18 minutes of Peeves.

Edit: oh damnit, you already mentioned Peeves. Well and here I was trying to be funny.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:31 am

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8