malickfan
Forest Shepherd
azriel
halfwise
Eldorion
22 posters

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

Amazon, Warner Bros in Talks for LOTR Series Adaptation: Variety - Page 7 Empty Re: Amazon, Warner Bros in Talks for LOTR Series Adaptation: Variety

Post by bungobaggins Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:31 pm

Set before the events of The Fellowship of the Ring? So it's going to be a tv series based on the appendices material? Because that worked so well in the Hobbit movies! /s

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Amazon, Warner Bros in Talks for LOTR Series Adaptation: Variety - Page 7 Empty Re: Amazon, Warner Bros in Talks for LOTR Series Adaptation: Variety

Post by malickfan Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:31 pm

bungobaggins wrote:CHRISTOPHER HOW COULD YOU BETRAY US!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!!

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

I'm assuming it's less a case of betrayal, and more down to Christopher retiring/ageing passing on the baton to younger members who recognize it might be best to work with these guys, rather than against them whilst they still have a chance of some input...

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:32 pm

bungobaggins wrote:Set before the events of The Fellowship of the Ring? So it's going to be a tv series based on the appendices material? Because that worked so well in the Hobbit movies! /s

Maybe it's a Tauriel spinoff cheers cheers cheers :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: Cheerleader Cheerleader Cheerleader

Spoiler:

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:33 pm

malickfan wrote:
bungobaggins wrote:
There's been an awakening...have you felt it?

No, but I'm Pretty sure I just heard Petty explode in a buckie induced rage of shock Laughing

I'm assuming this will increase forum traffic though...

I'd rather watch a show about Petty's life than pay Jeff Bezos $100 dollars a year to watch his stupid little Lord of the Rings tv show.

I DO NOT have Amazon prime, and I WILL NOT sign up for it.

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:36 pm

So much crabbit right now. Banghead

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:37 pm

I did have Amazon Prime at one point, but I don't really do streaming and it wasn't really worth £80 a year just to get stuff delivered two or three days earlier, I'd be unlikely to watch this TV series even it were a true adaptation, but a spinoff has me even less interested...

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:38 pm

bungobaggins wrote:So much crabbit right now. Banghead

Just like old times, almost makes me nostalgic for the Hobbit Laughing :hug: pub

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:41 pm

If I carry on being this annoyed I should hit post number 4000 much quicker than I'd anticipated, so there's at least one good thing to come out of this Razz

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:41 pm

At least with PJ we knew what to expect. It sucked, and they still suck, but we knew what we were paying for.

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:14 pm

FINALLY SOMETHING NEW AND INTERESTING IS HAPPENING!
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:59 pm

Bugger, this means I have to do some work around here again, doesn't it? And I bet you'd all like me to get forumshire.com as well? Though more traffic will mean even more free rides from forumotion, I assume(?).

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:00 pm

I would definitely watch this, whatever it turns out to be, and I actually do already have Amazon Prime (living this far out in the sticks the free 2-day shipping easily pays for itself), but.... my internet connection won't support streaming videos! Banghead Banghead Banghead

Amazon, Warner Bros in Talks for LOTR Series Adaptation: Variety - Page 7 1280px-Male_kodiak_bear_face  Amazon, Warner Bros in Talks for LOTR Series Adaptation: Variety - Page 7 UJpDi Amazon, Warner Bros in Talks for LOTR Series Adaptation: Variety - Page 7 Mumbea10
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:39 pm

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2017/nov/13/lord-of-the-rings-amazon-tv-show-confirmed

I feel trepidation & nervous stomach over this, resulting in a gaseous explosion due to stress of the unknown..... pale   By Hell's teeth this had better be good. Its still within remembering distance of Peejers attempt & crack at LOTRs & that humiliation called....The Hobbshit....

Amazon, Warner Bros in Talks for LOTR Series Adaptation: Variety - Page 7 Sick-v10

Amazon, Warner Bros in Talks for LOTR Series Adaptation: Variety - Page 7 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Amazon, Warner Bros in Talks for LOTR Series Adaptation: Variety - Page 7 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:00 am

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:34 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:

"Are you even excited?"

How many ways can I say "No!?!?!"

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:13 am

Well, the Tolkien Estate isn't hiding their approval of this. I wonder if Christopher Tolkien has stepped out of the picture?

(BTW, I can't STAND the now obligatory "so what do you think, leave your thoughts in the comments section, don't forget to like us on facebook...." *puke-shudder*)

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:18 am

Eldorion wrote:Simul with Malickfan.

As I mentioned back on the first page spin-offs make more sense and I have actually been expecting one to be announced for a while, though I was not expecting it to be a TV series. So it'll be interesting to see what they come up with there even if my hopes aren't high. A lot depends on the screenwriter they get I guess but it'll be heard to see it as anything but sanctioned fanfic tbh.

I give up on trying to figure out the legal situation. Razz

All bets are off Surprised

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:38 am

I guess we might have to take into account the simple level they might put these announcements at, and that pre-lotr might mean Silmarillion?

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:50 am

Well, the official press release specifically mentions the "global television rights to The Lord of the Rings" without reference to any of Tolkien's other works (not even The Hobbit). It doesn't seem like a huge leap to think that because the Tolkien Estate is actually involved they've also put the rights to at least some of Tolkien's posthumously published works on the table, though it'd seem strange to me for Amazon to neglect to mention that in the press release. In any event, the complete lack of mention of Middle-earth Enterprises or the Saul Zaentz Company seems to give credence to the theory that SZC gave up their option on the TV rights as part of the settlement.

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20171113006083/en/
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:04 am

I think they just expect the general public to be most familiar with Lord of the Rings, and don't want to load down a press release with details.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:11 am

Interesting. Not easy to gauge, pre-lotr, but somehow based on lotr? Not much clarity there.

Knowing how adaptations go, they will need someone with real vision to make something great out of it. Even if they'll not be doing original work, and only adapting that would be the case, so not holding my breath for something special. The "Sharon and the team at Amazon Studios have exceptional ideas to bring to the screen previously unexplored stories based on J.R.R. Tolkien’s original writings." doesn't really sound all that promising. But as Norc says above, at least it'll be interesting, which leaves me with a positive outlook, at least until we know more details. (Nothing disatrous at this time, as was the case with the Hobbit.) Honestly, this show won't change the source material one iota. So, ready to be positively surprised. And just as prepared for it to be dissapointed. Razz

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:24 am

The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones Strider

Barf.

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:33 am

Yup :/ If american tv execs are coming up with this.. let's live in hope Smile

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:06 am

Shocked

Well, blast. So much for ol' Tom. I guess?

This smacks disturbingly of "Prequel" territory. I've seen the fan-made videos, and if this show is like those in regards to story and characters I think it could go very poorly indeed. And if this show is like the Shadow of Mordor games it could go very poorly indeed. And if characters from LotR are included, it could go very poorly, and if no characters from LotR are included it could go very poorly.

It could go very poorly, basically, is my worry.

It's difficult to determine how one should feel at this point, considering how amorphous the shape of this thing is right now. What on middle-earth does pre-LotR but not The Hobbit or The Silmarillion mean? The Fall of Arnor? The troubles of Gondor? Aragorn and Arwen's meeting? Eorl and backstory stuff in Rohan?

Oh no...

Sofa

is this the return of Azog?

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:21 am

Actually there's reason to be hopeful because Amazon may not be locked into a production schedule, and Jeff Bezos is reportedly a Tolkien fan. Since they have no distributors breathing down their necks they can take the time to do things right. Part of the reason the Hobbit was so bad compared to LotR was there was a rush to get things done (that and not enough people were willing to talk back to the newly minted Sir Peter).

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next