halfwise
Pettytyrant101
Mrs Figg
16 posters

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

All New Who - Page 5 Empty Re: All New Who

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:36 am

{{{ I think the sensible thing to have done was to hold off on the New Who stuff till they had the actors in place, and, much as this pains me to say, to bring them into the range as the Classic Doctor actors grow either too old to continue or sadly leave us. Right now we still have a lot of those Classic era actors doing BF and thats what we want- the stuff we cant get any other way. By th time that era is over enough time should have passed for nostalgia for the early NuWho period to have begun. }}}

{{Fan made cinema style trailer for one of my favourite 12epsiodes Heaven Sent.

If you haven't seen this one it can be watched largely standalone even though its the middle part in a three part finale- everything you need to know is explained in the episode and the only thing that might puzzle is the little bit at the end where the whole thing re intersects with the main series story, but the rest of the episode is a standalone story self contained. Beautiful direction, a masterclass in editing, a haunting soundtrack from Gold and a one man powerhouse performance from Capladi in pretty much the only speaking part in the entire thing. Its just one of those times when absolutely everything comes together just perfectly }}
A unique episode, and thats by Who's broad standards! }}

{{And heres the ep- well worth an hour of your time- all you need to know is immediately prior to this the Doctor lost his best friend and companion Clara who died in front of him before he was transported to place unknown by people unknown}}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:10 pm

{{{ Hardly surprising news but Moffat wont be writing any episodes for Chibnall once he takes over-}}

' he has confirmed that he will not be seeking to write for the show’s new boss, Chris Chibnall...Moffat said he believes the new man should put his own stamp on the show....
“I know I always tried to get Russell to write for me but I think it is the right thing to do,” he laughed.

Davies told RadioTimes.com in 2015: “The lovely Steven [Moffat] invites me every year to come and write one. And I love him and I love them and I love watching it, but here I am, moving on. I love Doctor Who with all my heart but nothing is more important to me than my own stuff.”
Moffat added that he fully understood Davies’s feelings and is looking forward to developing some new ideas of his own, promising that he is determined to team up again with his Sherlock writing partner Mark Gatiss on other non-Sherlock related projects.
“That is because I love him,” Moffat told us.'- Radio Times

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:11 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:{{{ Hardly surprising news but Moffat wont be writing any episodes for Chibnall once he takes over-}}

' he has confirmed that he will not be seeking to write for the show’s new boss, Chris Chibnall...Moffat said he believes the new man should put his own stamp on the show....
“I know I always tried to get Russell to write for me but I think it is the right thing to do,” he laughed.

Davies told RadioTimes.com in 2015: “The lovely Steven [Moffat] invites me every year to come and write one. And I love him and I love them and I love watching it, but here I am, moving on. I love Doctor Who with all my heart but nothing is more important to me than my own stuff.”
Moffat added that he fully understood Davies’s feelings and is looking forward to developing some new ideas of his own, promising that he is determined to team up again with his Sherlock writing partner Mark Gatiss on other non-Sherlock related projects.
“That is because I love him,” Moffat told us.'- Radio Times

I read on reddit a few weeks ago, that Moffat mentioned in one of his Doctor Magazine Columns he got very very close to getting RTD to return, they even had a storyline worked out (I think this was for Capaldi but I'm not sure) but RTD didn't have time to write the script...

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:31 pm

wot Shocked dyam that would have been fab.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:56 pm

From an interview with Chris Chibnall in The Daily Telegraph:

"He says it’s too soon to have considered the specifics of casting a new Doctor, and in particular the debate over their gender or ethnicity. He adds, conveniently, that “if I told you now, I might change my mind”.

He does, however, offer an intriguing glimpse into his thought process – the Doctor will be treated like any other part. “We’ll cast the role in the traditional way: write the script, then go and find the best person for that part in that script. You couldn’t go out and cast an abstract idea. The creative possibilities are endless, but I have a very clear sense of what we’re going to do, without even knowing who’s going to play the part.”...

...“Peter (Capaldi) was genuinely torn (on whether to stay or not) because it’s a part you don’t want to give up, and he’s been brilliant. His performance in Heaven Sent was an absolute tour de force.”

...So it certainly appears Chibnall is open to a female Doctor...and several spoilerhounds on Gallifreybase (at least a couple of whom appear to have legitimate sources at the BBC and have in the past posted rumours and leaks which turned out to be correct) indicate that the BBC has drawn up a shortlist (no names) which does include actresses...

New interview with Moffat:

http://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/features/steven-moffat-on-doctor-who-sherlock/5115087.article?blocktitle=The-Broadcast-Interview&contentID=41927

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:01 pm

“It took Peter a long time to make up his mind,” he says. “Chris tried to persuade him to stay. I knew it was a possibility that he’d leave because Doctors tend to do three years. I thought that he might want to opt out, rather than go through the trauma of a change in command and maybe leaving a year later anyway. But I think he came close to staying.”

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:06 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:“It took Peter a long time to make up his mind,” he says. “Chris tried to persuade him to stay. I knew it was a possibility that he’d leave because Doctors tend to do three years. I thought that he might want to opt out, rather than go through the trauma of a change in command and maybe leaving a year later anyway. But I think he came close to staying.”

Sounds like he was like Davison, Tennant and Smith and strongly conisdering a 4th series (but no more than that), I think Who was one of the longest running roles Capaldi has held (The Thick Of It lasted much longer, but that was on and off, and took much less time to film than Who) and in his late 50's he probably wants to explore other roles whilst he still can in such an ageist industry, not to mention he's got fmaily commitments none of the other Doctors had, gutted he's leaving but he probably felt it was easier to make a clean break rather than risk undermining or falling out with a no producer.

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:10 pm

I really don't want Chibnall to fall into the pc pressure nonsense.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:15 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:I really don't want Chibnall to fall into the pc pressure nonsense.

But what if an Ethnic Minority/Actress is deemed the best actor to audition for the role?

It's a shame some would automatically assume a non white male was cast to tick a box, the Doctor is a time travelling alien and they've made it quite clear he his rather less control over his regeneration's than over timelords, I'm completely open to a man or woman of any ethnicity getting cast as long as they suit the role and are British.

Frankly I'd rather Chibnall took the plunge and cast someone completely different rather than simply rehasing one of the more popular doctors again.

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:19 pm

Too late!

Razz

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:22 pm

rather than simply rehasing one of the more popular doctors again.- Malick

{{I'd agree with that- I'd rather he took the risk and cast a woman than say trying to remake the 10 years with a floppy haired romantic hero Doctor with a 20 something girl whose in love with him- in fact I never want to see that again- I'd rather they cast a dalek as the Doctor than that again, ever. }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:35 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:rather than simply rehasing one of the more popular doctors again.- Malick

{{I'd agree with that- I'd rather he took the risk and cast a woman than say trying to remake the 10 years with a floppy haired romantic hero Doctor with a 20 something girl whose in love with him- in fact I never want to see that again- I'd rather they cast a dalek as the Doctor than that again, ever. }}

Nod Nod Nod

I'd rather the series crashed and burned taking a creative gamble (which would very much be in the spirit of the show) rather than limp on too afraid to stray from the populist formula.

I've said it before, but everything RTD tried or wanted to do with the 10th Doctor was done better (and certainly more subtly) with the 8th Doctor in the audios.

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:46 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:rather than simply rehasing one of the more popular doctors again.- Malick

I agree 100% (Mark this day in the calendar.)  

It's depressing that both RTD and Moff kept doing that, especially since it was done to death by Rose.

I suppose we still have to see where new girl Bill fits. She migth be the Donna of Moffats companions. Or perhaps there will be an epic romance between Bill and Nardole. Wink

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:50 pm

Amarië wrote:

I agree 100% (Mark this day in the calendar.)  

It's depressing that both RTD and Moff kept doing that, especially since it was done to death by Rose.

I suppose we still have to see where new girl Bill fits. She migth be the Donna of Moffats companions. Or perhaps there will be an epic romance between Bill and Nardole. Wink

Someone on Gallifreybase claimed to have sources confirming that Bill

Possible spoiler:

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:57 pm

{{It's depressing that both RTD and Moff kept doing that- Amarie

In fairness to Moffat he only arguably did it once with Clara and 11, and even then it was never to the fore or the focus of any episode or story in the way the Rose and Martha ones were fully in your face romances that often took centre stage in the drama. Clara doesn't seem to actually say or act towards 11 in a way which  indicates any relationship, you could easily read it for 99% of their time together as good friends- and in fact the very first mention we get confirming she has any such feelings for the Doctor is in the Truth Field on Trenzelore in 11's very last episode. And her relationship with 12 is completely different.

But I would wholeheartedly agree that its best not have any suggestion of it at all. We have certainly had enough of that sort of story being explored however you look at it.
Thats one of the reasons I am rather looking forward to seeing more of Nardole- he is the first alien companion of NuWho, will hopefully know stuff and places even the Doctor doesn't, and we have seen he can fly the TARDIS already so presumably isn't going to be phased by technology and alien cultures much.
In fact probably more interested in where Nardole's character might go than Bills right now.

Malick- well if thats true it should at least keep one noisy wing of the fandom happy
Spoiler:
}}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:34 pm

{{Current UK bookies odds on Who will be the Doctor next- interestingly the top four are all women}}

Tilda Swinton – 7/2 (Favourite)

Kris Marshall – 4/1

Olivia Colman – 5/1

Maxine Peake – 8/1

Ben Whishaw – 10/1

Richard Ayoade – 10/1

Andrew Buchan – 10/1

Reece Shearsmith – 12/1

Phoebe Waller-Bridge – 12/1

Rory Kinnear – 16/1

Andrew Scott – 16/1

Richard Madden – 16/1

David Harewood – 16/1

Paterson Joseph – 16/1

Idris Elba – 20/1

Chris Addison – 20/1

Gwendoline Christie – 20/1

James Norton – 20/1

Adrian Lester – 20/1

Alexander Vlahos – 20/1

Sacha Dhawan – 20/1

Robert Carlyle – 20/1

Laurie Kynaston – 20/1

Michelle Gomez – 33/1

-Metro

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:24 pm

My top five (semi-realistic) choices for the 13th Doctor are: Olivia Coleman, Adrian Lester, Jason Flemyng, David Oyelowo and Alexander Siddig.

There's a part of me leaning towards actively wanting a female Doctor, because A) It would really shake up the show in an interesting way and B) Piss off a lot of the angrier entitled fanboys, I'd love to see how Gallifreybase reacts to the news...

Last edited by malickfan on Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:25 pm

Wikipedia was listing Sean Pertwee as the 13th Doctor, but I wouldn't read too much into that...

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:23 pm

Petty what are "UK bookies" in this context?

And how the hell does Michelle Gomez have 33 to 1 odds? She should have no odds.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:30 pm

{{Short for 'bookmakers' Forest- bookies is a colloquial name for betting shops. Brits will bet on anything from the chances of snow on xmas day to who the next Doctor will be. Seem to be derived from the person who calculated the odds and took the bets writing them down in a book- thus making a book of odds and bets, thus bookmaker to bookie.}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:40 pm

Ah, I mean I had heard the term before. Mostly I was just curious about who and where these bookies are, and how one learns of their odds. Have you cast any bets on Doctor Who stuff before?

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:44 pm

{{The major UK bookies are stuff like Ladbrokes, Paddy Power, William Hill and many others. Some are online only, some are in the High Street,including the three I named. You just go in, say you want to place a bet on who the new Doctor will be, they will give you the odds they have calculated already based on spreads of bets nationwide if you say someone already speculated about- if you say a new name its up to the bookie to decide the odds on it and make you an offer to bet on.
Newspapers daily carry odds for sporting events, particularly horse racing, and for stuff like Who that comes up. }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:02 pm

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:44 pm

That video could use some editing and spell-checking!

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:01 pm

{{Yes but I like the sentiment- particularly the bit about the BBC dont know what people want- very true. }}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum