azriel
Ringdrotten
Norc
Mrs Figg
Forest Shepherd
17 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Just...................whatever [7] - Page 4 Empty Re: Just...................whatever [7]

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:33 pm

this may just heal all our hearts. I love you

Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Just...................whatever [7] - Page 4 Empty Re: Just...................whatever [7]

Post by azriel Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:45 pm

I saw that this morning & duly blubbed again ! I know the animals are CGI but, they looked so happy I love you

Just...................whatever [7] - Page 4 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Just...................whatever [7] - Page 4 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:27 pm

Okay, this is hysterical. A married woman offers to take over her friend's online dating. She'd pick out the guys, respond to all the emails, set up the date; her friend only had to show up.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/soloish/wp/2016/11/10/what-happens-when-a-married-woman-takes-over-a-single-womans-dating-apps/

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:45 am

"I think we’ve got a live one!"
That line cracked me up Smile Going by that article you can shove dating apps in a place where only a surgeon would find. Online dating is time consuming & gets boring, real life meet ups are draining.....& boring. I think there's something hopeful about Jane Austen lending a hand ? Someone who knows you & what you like & don't like. ( As long as the friend is trustable or pranks can be very sweet ) For me, I wont even meet "Mr Darcy" in the fresh fruit isle as I do online shopping. Ive taken my dog out that many times he thinks he lives on the street.

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:11 am

What you dial up online is never what you meet in person. The only solution is a varied social life.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:18 am

Laughing Ive been saying that for years, Its a dangerous world out there Laughing Its full of nut jobs Smile

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:21 am

I've not tried online dating myself but it's how my dad and stepmom met and they've been married for more than seven years now. Much happier than I think either of them were in their previous marriages. Obviously they both met a lot of other people who didn't work out before being "matched" together, though.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:26 am

I think its best if you don't rely on internet dating, don't pin all your hopes & dreams on it. Tho I know it works brilliantly for some people !. Ive met some weird people by going online but, in a way I'm glad I did. I wouldn't have had the laughs & near miss memories Ive got now if I hadn't Laughing  That sort of shenanigans Ive left behind yonks ago Smile

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:31 am

Oh, it can work.  But..

a) it's a numbers game.  I've been told (and confirmed) that you have have to contact 20 people to get a response, then 1 out of 5 you'll actually meet.  (this is men contacting women...with women (who get flooded) you are ignoring 20 people, etc. etc.
b) they are never what you expect from the profile.  I mean, not even close.  Starting with the photo....
c) I have had success, and it's ongoing (4 years?), but once again, nothing like what you expect from the profile.  You may as well throw darts, honestly.  All that you're doing is weeding out the impossible (and missing some good chances most likely).

So I'm not saying it's not possible, but it's not that much easier.  Best thing is to get involved with a lot of people socially, fall in with someone you know.  Takes about the same amount of time and is more fun along the way.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:38 am

Wise words Halfy Smile I'm happy that you've found someone Very Happy that's good news, I'm pretty much settled really, I talk to the dog a lot Laughing he gives me those "puppy eyes" & nods off !

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:46 am

Well, it's drifted into friendship, but a friend who will sleep next to you every now and again is a nice thing to have. Even if the sleep cycles don't correspond and she keeps waking me up with funny news stories from China on her phone. Mad

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:52 am

Laughing

Here's a thought...................
You cant spell triumph without a T..R..U...M...P !!!
And...
Hilary without a L..I..A..& an R ...
Very Happy
Night night ! Wave

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:24 pm

the title of the video doesn't explain it, basically we need to send trump into space.

Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:01 pm

There are a couple of distressing snaps included in this, but, on the whole its an eye opener.......

http://detonate.com/shocking-historical-photos-2/?utm_source=8b4&utm_campaign=8b4_T2_desktop_historical-T2_12_54d0_20160721_mm_3316&utm_term=msn-edgedefaulthomepage-uk&utm_medium=cpc

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:14 pm

The bison skull mountain bothers me the most.

I think the grasshopper was a constructed fake: it wouldn't have been able to move at that weight.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:37 pm

Mmmm, Bison one, yes. Just imagine how high that thing could jump if that size was accurate Shocked

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:54 am

Backwards, really. A small one could jump much higher than that big one, which with it's spindly legs could probably barely lift it's belly off the ground.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:00 pm

Just...................whatever [7] - Page 4 Pjs%20head_zpssmutdj6d

My 1st effort at twiddling.... I shall improve Laughing

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:51 pm

That's pretty good!

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:51 pm

{{{{{ cheers  I approve of the subject matter wholeheartedly.   Nod And of the picture- thats a great first one Azriel Nod Thumbs Up
And may I suggest the clone tool for painting in the background round the head and the missing bits of the arm. Its an incredibly useful tool for this sort of thing and worth getting to grips with. }}}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:15 pm

Thankyou guys Smile IL give that "tool" a go Smile ( jeez I cant write that without grinning ) It is fun learning stuff, even if your an old dodder like me Smile

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:18 pm

Thumbs Up my compliments to the chef.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:36 pm

Just...................whatever [7] - Page 4 Seal%20steal_zpsyw56y2dr

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:37 pm

One for Petty me thinks Smile
A booze tower made with the barrels taken away as prohibition took hold.....

Just...................whatever [7] - Page 4 Booze%20tower_zpsqrycskyl

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:40 pm

Christmas is coming & so is the competition for best Advert......

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum