Doctor Who and the Invasion from Mars

+2
Pettytyrant101
The Archet Bugle
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Doctor Who and the Invasion from Mars - Page 2 Empty Re: Doctor Who and the Invasion from Mars

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:03 pm

{{{ Twisted Evil I can sniff it out too at up to five miles away Nod }}}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Doctor Who and the Invasion from Mars - Page 2 Empty Re: Doctor Who and the Invasion from Mars

Post by The Archet Bugle Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:29 am

"This may not be as bad as I feared," Petty said, more optimistically than he really wanted to show, as they puffed and panted, catching their breath in a tunnel three miles or so from where they first saw the hulking grotesque Morlocks. "This may actually, accidentally or not, be one of those Who tales which draw on works of famous fiction to create an interesting parallel universe. Maybe Ol' Anon has created some kind of Wellsian universe where all his collected writings and thoughts have coalesced. That sounds hopeful at least, Whovian speaking."

"Do you really think do?" Orwell asked in the same apparent hopefulness, though his eyes had a mysterious knowing glint just then. "Could it ever be the case?"

Petty's expression then was for a moment one of eucatrophic hope, almost belief, but which quickly changed to one thrown up on the rocks of catastrophic broken dreams. And he started to cry.

"I almost feel sorry for him, you know, Azriel," the Doctor said, as she brushed back a strand of her rich and fibrous red hair while leading them through the labyrinthine tunnels.

”Do you really?" Azriel asked in some surprise.

"Almost," the Doctor replied gaily. "But what now?"

"Well, it seems to me, we have at least two foes now to defeat," Orwell offered. "Look! I reckon, to judge from what I've read so far, the Narrator of War of the Worlds survived, which implies that the Martians were defeated somehow in the end. Also, in The Time Traveller, the Time Traveller survived too - mind you, I've only seen the movie. So, why don't we find a bookshop and read the last page of both books. It is my preferred method of reading anyway. Saves time. I've only been reading the whole of War of the Worlds to please a Minor Adaptation Writer acquaintance of mine. A Scot, in fact." And Orwell gave Petty a confidential grin, which was returned, for reasons totally unknown to that good hearted Orwell, with a murderous grimace.

And these words: "Fucking bastard!"

"Enough of these pleasantries," the Doctor took charge. "Orwell may be right. Stranger things have happened. We'll stick to Plan 'A' and find that bookshop. Quickly now. I can hear flapping feet approaching. Run!"

As they sped off splashing through liquids of half-recognised half-suspected excretions and oozy bloblets, the flapping feet seemed to be catching up to them.

"If it's goblins, I'm going to scream!" Petty grumbled as he puffed along.

"And if not them," Orwell cried in a voice of supiciously happy and gay knowingness. "It could be Gollum!"

"Fuck me dead..." a Scottish voice muttered.

To be continued....
The Archet Bugle
The Archet Bugle
Forumshire's Most Respectable Journal

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:24 pm

''Petty's expression then was for a moment one of eucatrophic hope, almost belief, but which quickly changed to one thrown up on the rocks of catastrophic broken dreams. And he started to cry.''

that happens when the Buckie shop is closed.

"Fuck me dead..." a Scottish voice muttered.''

idem.

Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:37 am

You an evil woman, Julia; accurate but evil. Very Happy

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by The Archet Bugle Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:51 am

"Quick now. Up this ladder to the surface again."

Orwell watched the Doctor closely as she ascended. "Damn fine woman-alien in my opinion."

Petty looked up too. He nodded slowly. "You know, for once I agree," he agreed.

"Stop gawking at my fine woman-alien arse, you arseholes, and start climbing. Or do you want that creature that might be Gollum catching up and throttling you!"

Looking back down the tunnel anxiously - not fearfully anxious just annoyedly anxiously - Petty hissed: "If it is Gollum, I'm going to resign from this gig."

Halfway up the ladder, Orwell stopped. "You know, of course, as a character in a riotous and fascinating story like this, you can't resign. You're actually fictional, Petty."

"We could but wish," the Doctor commented as she lifted a heavy metal manhole cover and climbed out onto a quiet street of L.A. Too quiet. Not a car. Not a pedestrian. Not a cat or dog. There was a mouse that scuttled past, looking nervously over it's shoulder at a distant Martian tripod dismantling a building about two blocks away. "Follow me!" The Doctor called out imperiously.

In no time at all, roughly speaking, the four intrepid comrades were on the streets of LA again.

Looking back down the hole into the tunnel beneath them, Azriel inquired. "Those flapping feet are not far off. I'm staying a moment to see who it is.  Oh dear! Will you look at that! I didn't know Morlocks had webbed feet!"

Petty groaned. "Morlocks! Oh fuck me dead!"

"You're never happy, are you!" the Doctor chastised him, impatient and exasperated with the handsome Scot for perhaps the first time ever or thereabouts. "At least they're Morlocks! You know, H.G. Wells!"

"Wrong book!" Petty cried in high crabbity.

"Wrong feet too," Orwell put in, smiling quietly, as if he was enjoying some private joke at the Scotsman's expense.

To be continued...
The Archet Bugle
The Archet Bugle

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:46 pm

{{{{{ Mad  brilliant but Mad And flappy feeted Morlocks, I'm with my fictitious counterpart  Mad  (Unless I'm his fictitious  counterpart  Suspect   Shocked  pale  drunken }}}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by The Archet Bugle Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:58 am

A tripod was smashing up buildings all around them as the four intrepid comrades hid beneath the girders of a collapsed railway and commuter bus suspension bridge south of the city. To fill in the time until it was safe to continue their exploration for a bookshop, Petty and Orwell discussed the merits of their latest adventure while Azriel and the Doctor did their best to ignor them and catch up on a few nods.

"The point is," Orwell said archly. "Maybe you've got Ol' Anon all wrong for once, Petty."

"What do you mean? Ol' Anon is always so predictable that it's nigh on impossible to get him wrong."

"Even I have to agree with that," the Doctor commented in her half doze.

"Admittedly, talking about predictability, you know Ol' Anon hasn't had my voluminous breasts out as yet," Azriel half snored, "which is a surprise. Though, of course, the 'voluminous breasts' bit of my input just now is predicatable enough."

"Your voluminous breasts may or may not be predictable," Orwell commented, instinctively checking to see that what Azriel alluded to was still true, and rather fetching ones he noted, not for the first time. "Still, Petty, what if Ol' Anon was getting genuinely Doctor Who-like?"

"Yeah. Pull the other one!" Petty sighed snidely.

"What other one?"

"My other leg."

"Which one's that?"

"The left one, it jingles."

"Does it really?"

"Of course it fucking doesn't... Hey! Leave me alone."

"You're right. Just checking. Anyway. What if Ol' Amon has created an LA which exists in a altered set of circumstances inspired by H. G Well's fictional works?"

"Huh?"

"It could be something from the Island of Doctor Morell next."

"Has Ol' Anon read it yet?"

"Good point. Maybe it's just The War of the Worlds and The Time a Traveller. I know he's at least read them. Just finished The Time Traveller last night in fact, or so I do hear."

"Which explains why this story started up again," Petty sighed sadly.

"Shush! No spoilers."

"What about my voluminous breasts?" Azriel added.

"Pardon?"

"Orwell, what prompted Ol' Anon to have me bring up my voluminous breasts?"

"Where from?"

"Huh?"

"Where were your voluminous breasts that they needed you to bring them up? They weren't drooping were they? I should think you'd be thankful Ol' Anon un-drooped them in that case... Anyway, I imagine your voluminous breasts are rarely far from Ol' Anon's febrile mind. They're surely not ever far from my febrile mind."

"Why thank you."

"No need. Your voluminous breasts speak for themselves and should always be respected. I respect them, I know that much."

"You can be such a gentleman at the most unexpected moments, Orwell Jackaboots McOdo!" Azriel said, charmed I'm sure.

"It's what makes me, me, and me not Petty McCracken, truth be known. Where was I?"

"Some crap about this story being set in a H.G. Wells universe, or some such crap," Petty said testily, quietly upset that he was not anything like Orwell and not knowing why the fact should annoy him. Strange business, really. Maybe it was just his general day-to-day annoyance with Orwell coming out. Then for some peculiar reason  perhaps only known to the Author - and not even him - Petty became conciliatory. "If this is some kind of H.G. Wells universe, I guess I can give Ol' Anon a brownie point for trying to write something that isn't totally utter crap."

And, you know, dear reader, I think I agree.

To be continued...
The Archet Bugle
The Archet Bugle

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:27 pm

Laughing
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:18 pm

Laughing

Doctor Who and the Invasion from Mars - Page 2 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Doctor Who and the Invasion from Mars - Page 2 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Archet Bugle Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:26 pm

"The way I see it," Orwell opined thoughtfully as the tripod nearby began to do a strange dance, with two tripods that came stiff-leggedly up from San Francisco, near a MacDobalds store two blocks away. "If this is a Time Traveller cum War of the Worlds world, then the answer to saving LA - and possibly other parts of the world we actually want to save - is a combination of answers found in both books."

"Go on," the Doctor egged Orwell on, seeing that he was in fact a very handsome companion, even if he said so himself quite often, and manly good looks need to be respected, at least as much as voluminous breasts do, in this non-sexist future. "I'm beginning to be intrigued by the plot."

"Are you?"

"No, but that's not the point."

"What is the point?" Azriel asked.

"I can only ever speak for myself, and sometimes for Petty, and say that if we sit around here under this railway and commuter bus suspension bridge forever we'll never finish this story."

"Good point," Petty concurred with the Doctor, which was unusual for Petty who thought the Doctor looked too much like Julia Figg for his comfort. "So let's put some proper thought to the problem."

"Well, what I thought..." Orwell began but Julia kindly interrupted. "No, not you, sweetums. We need some intelligence to work this one out."

"I know," AzrIel cried. "The Martians are probably very much like the Morlocks. Both start with a 'M' for a start."

"And Time Travel is involved," Petty sqeuealed. Then said more manlily. "I mean, we have a Tardis which is a Time Machine."

"Yes, good, good. So putting it all together, what do we have?"

"We have absolutely no idea!" the other three replied.

Then they all fell silent. Grinding wheels and metal-stretching noises filled the void. But it wasn't the sound of their thinking because mortal brains are fleshy and any thoughts make a moist squishy sound. Suddenly, the source of the mechanical noises became apparent as the railway and commuter bus suspender bridge above them began to rise up into the heavens.

They looked up in horror to see three tripods with lots of tentacles lifting the said bridge. The tripods had set themselves at a strategic triangle - for lifting purposes - and the Martians saw them and the lifting stopped immediately leaving an instant tension filled quietude.

Slowly one of the tripod cockpits opened its cabin-glass-orb screen.

"My gawwwwd!" the Doctor cried. 'Is that Eldorion, former King of Forum-shire at the steering wheel with one hand on a lever?"

"That would be former Administrator," Eldorion called down gaily. "My, what are you guys doing here? I could have crushed you all to death and not even known I had, which would have been disappointing --- I mean, tragic. Tragic I'd killed you without knowing I mean. I mean, killing you in the first place that is. Honest!"

"Why are you in a tripod destroying LA?" the Doctor asked the obvious question.

"Yes," Azriel chimed in. "We were expecting Morlocks."

"No, no, it's just us humans that took over the Martians' tripods after they died of flu or measles or something. Once we had these useful tripods, of course, the first thing we decided to do was to destroy LA."

"That makes sense," the Doctor said. "It's the first thing I'd do."

"But this doesn't explain the Morlocks," Petty complained.

"Where did you think the Morlocks came from in the first place?" Eldorion said, surprised at at Petty's failure to see the obvious. "You see, the Morlocks are street people who fell between the cracks of the shallow and decadent LA society. Big cracks that landed them in the subways and sewerage tunnels. The word is actually Druggies by the way, not technically Morlocks."

"That sounds rather sad and pathetic," the Doctor said kindly.

"Only if you're a Morlocks," Eldorion averred gaily. "Anyway, you better trundle off folks. We still have half the city to dismantle, and Tom Cruise to find and feed to the rats, I'm certainly not eating him."

So the Doctor and her three intrepid companions, seeing that a very good and necessary thing was being done to LA, went back to the Tardis and  they were soon on their way through space and time to their next exciting adventure.

The End... and maybe a New Beginning...
The Archet Bugle
The Archet Bugle

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:09 pm

Well at least Eldo is happy Smile me boobs are tucked away, no more Morlocks, no one got sucked with a mordant tentacle & it's blood siphoner, LA is being radically redesigned, Petty's kilt is still flapping, Orwells future is secured & the Dr is victorious once again Smile good eh ? Smile

Doctor Who and the Invasion from Mars - Page 2 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Doctor Who and the Invasion from Mars - Page 2 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:45 pm

You know, Ol' Anon still hasn't heard back from Steven Moffat! Go figure!

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:19 am

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2