Bluebottle
Pettytyrant101
Norc
10 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Twin Peaks Empty Twin Peaks

Post by Norc Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:30 pm

so i am revisiting one of my favourite tv-series, and i must say, now that i am older i actually understand a hell of a lot more Laughing but i kinda wanted to idk.. have a discussion thread. just finished season one and omg i have never loved the series more and there are about nine reasons why.

1. the pilot episode and how it focused solely on the grief Laura Palmer's death caused, how it affected everyone and just the idk... sheer brutality of it, especially on her family. no wonder everything goes downhill from there.

2. the quirkyness, all the wird characters and the comic relief that is sort of inapropriate and very apropriate at the same time. (e.g the lama and the workers at the mill continuing to peek through the blinders as Pete (Pete right?) keeps shutting them)

3. the darkness and seriousness among all the quirky.

4. the donuts.

5. all the fucking orange and timber and woods and trees and just the overall 80's feeling about it.

6. Agent Coopers almost Sherlock-on-acid-type (and also omg he's handsome).

7. the hairdoes!! <3 

8. the norwegians! and that translator who talks ... swedish? norwegian? what? really bad at least. 
also the party-icelanders.

9. haha and ofcourse, the mystery and the fact that in the first two episodes and especially the first season, the crime is actually pretty straight forward. it's the crazyness of the people and all the other stuff that drives everything. and the fact that we kinda figures out who killed laura palmer in the first season, there are still lots of questions. i can't remember, but i don't think anyone actually goes to jail for the murder.. but more importantly, what or who killed Laura Palmer? i think the question of who did it is much bigger than the straight forwards who ended her life kinda thing. it is hinted towards by some characters, did people fail her etc. what is this evil/darkness, who's Bob, the one-armed-man etc. 

i hope we can discuss this because i am kinda super stoked at the moment Smile

Norc out.

(here's one of my favourite scenes)
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Twin Peaks Empty Re: Twin Peaks

Post by Norc Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:48 pm

and just because Kyle McLachlan is adorbs
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:25 pm

{{{You said you'd seen it before Norc- you remember what happens- dont want to get into who Bob is ect and the Lodges and stuff if your still rewatching and going to be spoilery.

Also new series on the way of it. And didn't I set up a twin peaks thread years ago? Sure we've discussed it before  scratch }}}}}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:31 pm

i didn't care to start searching Razz also i wanna avoid spoilers. 

i thought we could discuss season one and then idk... season two as i am watching it Shrugging last time i watced i was perhaps 14, so there are holes Wink 

and obviously the new season cheers see you in 25 years Very Happy
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:33 pm

{{Remind me -where does series 1 end? Is it with the reveal of who the murderer is? or was end of series 2?}}}}

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:03 pm

{{{just checked wiki- first series ends with Cooper being shot, and the mill burned down. So beyond the odd scary quick appearance no Bob yet.
We do have the one-armed man by this time though I think. And Cooper has been to the Lodge, or one of them anyway, where the dwarf and the giant are.
So big questions from series one - who or what is Bob? who or what is the Lodge an it inhabitants and what do they have to do with the murders and the town? (are the Bookhouse Boys in series 1?)}}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:12 pm

I think I've watched the odd episode of TP, but never given it a proper go. Don't know why really, maybe I should. Razz

The enthusiasm anyway, is catching. Nod

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:21 pm

{{{Its very odd- first few epiosdes are quit slow based, very harrowing to watch, its very raw emotionally, very distressing, and then it gets increasingly quirky, surreal, and soap opera-ish and take sin demons, angels and possibly aliens by the end. Its basically x-files unsanitised for mass consumption}}}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:41 pm

Ah.. ok. Shocked

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:57 pm

Norc wrote:

(here's one of my favourite scenes)

God damn, that's hilarious lol!

Twin Peaks Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:08 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:{{Remind me -where does series 1 end? Is it with the reveal of who the murderer is? or was end of series 2?}}}}
Spoiler:
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:09 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:{{{just checked wiki- first series ends with Cooper being shot, and the mill burned down. So beyond the odd scary quick appearance no Bob yet.
We do have the one-armed man by this time though I think. And Cooper has been to the Lodge, or one of them anyway, where the dwarf and the giant are.
So big questions from series one - who or what is Bob?  who or what is the Lodge an it inhabitants and what do they have to do with the murders and the town? (are the Bookhouse Boys in series 1?)}}}
yes, the bookhouse boys are in series one and Bob has one more appearance in Cooper's dream (in addition to what mama-palmer sees)
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:10 pm

Bluebottle wrote:I think I've watched the odd episode of TP, but never given it a proper go. Don't know why really, maybe I should. Razz

you totally should. it disappeared from Netflix, but it's on HBO (nordic).
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:11 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:{{{Its very odd- first few epiosdes are quit slow based, very harrowing to watch, its very raw emotionally, very distressing, and then it gets increasingly quirky, surreal, and soap opera-ish and take sin demons, angels and possibly aliens by the end. Its basically x-files unsanitised for mass consumption}}}}
good explenation Laughing i love it though Smile you never know what to expect. and every camera angle and prop and everything, it's there for a reason. you really feel like it all is part of a plan Very Happy
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:11 pm

{{{Blue I think this scene sums things up well- a detective story in a soap opera setting that turns surreal}}}

{{And for out and out surreal there is the Lodge!}}

{{And underpinning everything is Lynch's skilled directing and an astonishing soundtrack from Angelo Badalamenti}}}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:15 pm

the soundstrack is AMAZING!
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:50 pm

Its iconic Smile The moment you hear the 1st couple of guitar twangs you know what it is Smile

Twin Peaks Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Twin Peaks Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:54 pm

{{Have you seen the prequel film Norc? Fire Walk With Me?}}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:55 pm

Norc wrote:
Bluebottle wrote:I think I've watched the odd episode of TP, but never given it a proper go. Don't know why really, maybe I should. Razz

you totally should. it disappeared from Netflix, but it's on HBO (nordic).

Oh, alright. I might. (I was kinda of looking for something to watch anyway.) Smile

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:18 pm

cheers
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:19 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:{{Have you seen the prequel film Norc? Fire Walk With Me?}}}

no i haven't, didn't really know it existed. maybe i should Very Happy did it come out after the original series? or..?
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:21 pm

After. Got mixed reviews, but so did Twin Peaks.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:25 pm

maybe after i've seen the whole series then Smile
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:34 pm

Got mixed reviews, but so did Twin Peaks.- halfy

{{I wouldn't say Twin Peaks got mixed reviews- it got rave reviews for a series, less certain reviews for the second, and wtf reviews for the third.
As to the film I had the unique experience of seeing it in my towns cinema- which as I have mentioned before is basically a big shed- and this was the B theatre, so the small shed, holds about 50 people. And the audience was made up of approx half those who had seen Twin Peaks and are hard core fans and over whom a cannabis haze hung all night, and those who had wandered in and were utterly bemused.
It will make no sense whatsoever if you are not familiar with the show and the entire plot, and its tone its completely different from the show, and Dale is barely in it as it concerns itself with the last 7 days of Laura Palmers life. Its therefore much more dark and disturbing, as well as more surreal.
I was torn on it on first viewing but over the years I have grown to like it more and more.}}}

{{No idea if being youtube thats got the nudity and more extreme violence taken out of or not-only for those who have watched the show, or never intend to but are curious about Lynch's work and style (and why I still say I'd love to see his versionof LotR's Nod }}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by davidjoneshoward Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:44 pm

Glad this is finally getting a thread. Nod Great series made by fantastic director (season 2 in hindsight was a bit...  Sleep). It used to be my favorite series last year when first watching it.

(In fact, my current avatar is dennis hopper from blue velvet, another Lynch creation.
Twin Peaks Bvfrank
as good as twin peaks if you ask me)

Last edited by davidjoneshoward on Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:58 pm; edited 13 times in total
davidjoneshoward
davidjoneshoward
Clue-finder

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next