halfwise
Eldorion
Orwell
12 posters

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

All New Who - Page 7 Empty Re: All New Who

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:43 pm

{{{'Mackie, who graduated from Bristol Old Vic Theatre School in 2010, played Anne-Marie Frasier in Doctors in 2014 and is currently performing in the National Theatre's West End production of The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time.
"I'm incredibly excited to be joining the Doctor Who family," she said. "It's such an extraordinary British institution, I couldn't be prouder to call the Tardis my home."
She added: "Peter Capaldi is such a brilliant actor, and his Doctor is such a wacky and wonderful character, I can't wait to see what adventures are in store for him and Bill throughout time and space."
Mackie said her new character "Bill" was "wicked", describing her as "cool, strong, sharp, a little bit vulnerable with a bit of geekiness thrown in".
Capaldi said: "It is a genuine delight to welcome Pearl Mackie to Doctor Who. A fine, fine actress with a wonderful zest and charm, she's a refreshing addition to the Tardis and will bring a universe of exciting new possibilities to The Doctor's adventures."- BBC }}}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:15 pm

I think I might make an effort to tune in Who this time. No Amy and no Clara sounds wonderful. Makes me rather hopeful.

Oh right, almost forgot the list. I've been on my own with the kids for nearly two weeks while Finrod's been in Japan on business, and I am beat. I have only had time and energy to briefly consider tackling the list. To do that idea any justice I would have to rewatch, which mens there will be Amy and that must be avoided; mainly for my own sanity, but for others as well. My follow up thought was to revisit what was said Way Back When to see if these other women got any mentioning and refresh what was said... *pause* ...yeah, that's the sound of warning bells and the beacons will be lit if I proceed, and then we'll have Rohan charging in on Eru only knows what colour horses... So, damned if I know what to do.

Anyhow, night night!

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:22 pm

{{{Its simple, very little initial energy required- just pick a name off the list- I am sure once discussion starts on said name your memory will be refreshed- plus there will be example clips could be used to jog the memory and story synopsis ect- but just pick a name for Eru's sake!!!! Mad oh, and sleep well Nod Sleep }}}}

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:53 pm

malickfan wrote:
Mrs Figg wrote:this new girl acts like a bit of a thickie. its annoying.

Donna struck me as a very annoying gobby thicko in her first episode...and she developed into my favourite companion of New Who.

I think that's the point, a complete fish out of water working class girl being thrust into adventure with no prior baggage or stand out special skills, if the hints about the 80's are correct it means she'd be completely removed from the alien invasions and angst of New Who, just an ordinary girl who the Doctor isn't in love with, and not an all important impossible girl like Clara, frankly I think New Who spends too much time trying to make the companion interesting, although they are the audience surrogate it's the stories that are the main draw...

I agree with you, its how I feel too, NuWho did try to make the companion too important and lost an important role. I also agree with you that Donna began as an annoying gobby thicko, she was just an ordinary secretary who turned into the most important woman in the universe. BUT no matter how unauspicious her beginning was there was something that kept me hooked to Donna, she fascinated me, I liked her and wanted to know more, I looked forward to seeing more of her. When I looked at this Bill person it was as if I already knew how tings would pan out, she had no mystery, no depth, just the usual spunky street kid with a gobby 'ironic' attitude. I am bored already. maybe I am wrong, I hope that I am jumping the gun and my opinion changes, and if it does I will be the first to admit that I am wrong.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:55 pm

'I already knew how tings would pan out, she had no mystery, no depth, just the usual spunky street kid with a gobby 'ironic' attitude. I am bored already.'- Figg

{{You can tell all that and how much you are already going to moan and dislike her from a 2 minute scene, and you wonder if you might be jumping the gun a bit! Shocked slap laugh }}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:45 pm

its called instinct. You do know that humans generally make their mind up about a person after 6 seconds of meeting them don't you? Rolling Eyes
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:29 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:'I already knew how tings would pan out, she had no mystery, no depth, just the usual spunky street kid with a gobby 'ironic' attitude. I am bored already.'- Figg

{{You can tell all that and how much you are already going to moan and dislike her from a 2 minute scene, and you wonder if you might be jumping the gun a bit! Shocked  slap laugh }}}

You better not be doing what I think you are doing. :drum:

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:33 pm

{{{{I am not doing anything apart from being amazed Figg can find nothing but negatives in a character she has seen for less than 2 minutes in 1 bit of a scene- I could have guessed beforehand what Figg was going to say- I suspect it has less to do with giving the new girl a fair crack at it and more do with prejudgement based on a dislike of Moffat- as others have noted if Donna was a new character and we got any scene from her debut as a sneak preview she would come off as an annoying, gobby, idiot, but she developed into a great character}}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:44 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:{{{{I am not doing anything apart from being amazed Figg can find nothing but negatives in a character she has seen for less than 2 minutes in 1 bit of a scene

Well in fairness, we all judged Radagastly from a few brief seconds of footage and thought he would be a bumbling, drug addled, shit-coated idiot...and were proven right Laughing

I too am judging Bill...so far I have a good feeling about the character, a combination of Ace's cheeky youth with Donna's humorous ignorance and we'll be onto a winner i.m.o.

Peal Mackie is 28, so I'm not sure if she's playing a teenager or not...

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:01 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:{{{{I am not doing anything apart from being amazed Figg can find nothing but negatives in a character she has seen for less than 2 minutes in 1 bit of a scene- I could have guessed beforehand what Figg was going to say- I suspect it has less to do with giving the new girl a fair crack at it and more do with prejudgement based on a dislike of Moffat- as others have noted if Donna was a new character and we got any scene from her debut as a sneak preview she would come off as an annoying, gobby, idiot, but she developed into a great character}}}

I don't need 2 minutes to know that someone irritates me, after all, I only needed 0000000.000009 of a nanosecond to know that you irritated the pants off me, so you know.... Rolling Eyes Laughing  and its got nothing to do with Moffat. I was assuming she got hired by the new guy. Moffat hadn't even entered my head. ((((thank goodness   Shocked pale )))))
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:23 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:{{{{I am not doing anything apart from being amazed Figg can find nothing but negatives in a character she has seen for less than 2 minutes in 1 bit of a scene- I could have guessed beforehand what Figg was going to say- }}}

Wait, you're amazed by things you could have guessed beforehand? How does that work exactly? scratch

Mrs Figg has got an opinion. She forms them quickly and expresses them openly. What's the big surprise?

Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:36 pm

'Wait, you're amazed by things you could have guessed beforehand? How does that work exactly?'- David

I have a short attention span.

'She forms them quickly and expresses them openly.'- David

A bit too quickly I say- I just don't think its much to judge an entire character on, a short clip of part of a scene. And it seems hardly surprising all the views were negative.

For myself I get what many seem to be getting, a sort of Ace/Donna mix from her but that's about as much as I can tell- all she does in that clip is do what a new person does- ask all the questions- and she does that well enough with a bit of humour but knowing when to get serious. Beyond that I don't think there is too much we can say, let alone predicting doom and gloom from it.

What I find more interesting is was it from an episode or some odd stand alone what-if? Some of the Daleks shots looked suspiciously like they were reused from Into the Dalek, implying that this was shot special and in a short time frame - and as far as I am aware they haven't started shooting series 10 yet, and besides they are starting with this years xmas special- and she isn't supposed to be in that- so what was this?- a bit of a script that will be in an episode but will be reshot when they actually start shooting? Or something completely unattached to an episode? Or are they lying and they are shooting series 10 already?}}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:02 pm

whether I end up right or wrong about the new companion, I do know her forehead to hair ratio is going to seriously tick me off. its scary clown hair. No
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:08 pm

{{{I think its 80's hair Nod - the clothes are very 80's too- -and is that a Prince t-shirt? If so is that a coincidence? Or an indication the scene was shot after his death and its a tribute?- but that would mean they wrote it and shot it in the last couple of days? But on the official webpage they call it a scene from an episode. scratch }}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:05 pm

Do keep on talking. Don't worry. I'm keeping score.

-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:06 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:{{{ is that a Prince t-shirt? If so is that a coincidence? Or an indication the scene was shot after his death and its a tribute?- but that would mean they wrote it and shot it in the last couple of days? }}}

.... unless prince's death and the new companion are all part of a greater conspiracy... maybe involving time travel.... Suspect

Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:14 pm

Do keep on talking. Don't worry. I'm keeping score. - Amarie

{{{{I worry precisely because you keep score! Mad }}}

'.... unless prince's death and the new companion are all part of a greater conspiracy... maybe involving time travel....'- David

{{{ Shocked Shocked ...................... Shocked ....... drunken drunken drunken }}}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:25 pm

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:28 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Do keep on talking. Don't worry. I'm keeping score. - Amarie

{{{{I worry precisely because you keep score! Mad }}}

(...) }}}}

This makes me happy. Nod

-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:36 pm

{{{Yes I know and that worries me too! Mad }}}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:40 pm

Cool

-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:11 pm

David H wrote:.... unless prince's death and the new companion are all part of a greater conspiracy... maybe involving time travel....  Suspect

All the more intriguing since Prince didn't believe in time.

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-36059247
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:30 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:he was already that engineer from the Orient Express, right?- Forest

{{Yup, but then the 6th Doctor had previously played someone else, Martha played the first victim of the Torchwood office folk to the cybermen before coming back as Martha, Karen Gillan was a Roman Soothsayer in the Pompeii episode and then played Amy, and in the same episode oddly enough, Peter Capaldi played the head of the Roman family the episode centred round (he was also in a very prominent role as  a government minister in Torchwood Children of Earth)- being in the show before means nothing when it comes to their casting choices.}}}
Yeah I'm aware of all those, but those precedents don't negate my crabbit at the idea. I'm not a bloody legal system!

By the by, about the new companion: she seems likeable. It would have been nice to get someone not from the earliest portion of the 21st century, but oh well.

But... "Bill"?

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:33 pm

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:50 pm

Wouldn't it have been more fun to get a companion from the future? He/she could keep making comments like, when examining a potato - "where's the button to push that cooks it?"

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum