huffjuff
azriel
Bluebottle
Forest Shepherd
bungobaggins
21 posters

Page 2 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next

Go down

Things that are making you crabbit! [5] - Page 2 Empty Re: Things that are making you crabbit! [5]

Post by David H Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:48 pm

computer fell. screen broken. using tv for monitor. Mad Mad Mad Mad

Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Things that are making you crabbit! [5] - Page 2 Empty Re: Things that are making you crabbit! [5]

Post by Eldorion Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:45 pm

Yikes. No Do you know if it can replaced relatively easily/cheaply or is it beyond that?
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:05 pm

Cripes, bad luck David Neutral

Things that are making you crabbit! [5] - Page 2 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Things that are making you crabbit! [5] - Page 2 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:20 am

It seems I can get a replacement screen for $46 from Amazon and everything else appears to check out OK, so it looks like I dodged that bullet. :carrot:

I hope it ships soon though. To make this work I'm sitting on the floor in the middle of a snakepit of patchcords and power cords, typing blind then craning my neck to see what Ive written on the TV screen 2 feet over my head.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:34 am

Glad to hear it shouldn't be too expensive. Smile

I remember about five or six years ago when one of my old computers got fried, I had to send it back to the warehouse or wherever to get worked on, but then it overlapped with a major snowstorm and took like three weeks total to get back.  Those were a painful three weeks for the teenaged me. Laughing Spent a lot of time in the computer lab at college.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:40 am

The new LCD screen was $50 with shipping and changed out with just 4 screws and a bus plug!

I'm good to go again! cheers :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:47 am

I wish my MBP would just die so I would have an excuse to shop around for a new computer! Mad

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:34 pm

Well, lessee. You're writing at a quarter to 5 in the morning, keep this up and sometime you'll fall asleep and it will slip off onto the floor.

What's wrong with your MBP?

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:43 pm

Having to rebuild my entire website because I took too long to renew the webhosting! God damn it!!

Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:44 pm

Bugger Lance- that a pain in the arse Mad

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:59 am

Head cold: day 15 comes to an end and feels a helluva lot like head cold: days 1-14. Mad
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:29 am

Everyone I know has got a nasty "Bug" of some sort No Ive been lucky so far but thats cuz I dont like getting too close to human bodkins Nod

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:04 pm

It's definitely been making the rounds here too. Starting to think you have the right idea though az. Razz
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:16 pm

Loaded with a horrible stuffed up cold right now. Mad

Oh and its fucking snowing now too Mad

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:57 pm

Laughing You crack me up, you moany old codger Very Happy Did you go to the "Victor Meldrew self assertion & confidence classes" evening school at the local YMCA by any chance ? Laughing

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:02 pm

its bloody miserable weather here too. one month of fog followed by one month of rain. even the mould has mould growing on it. Mad I HATE Winter.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by leelee Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:43 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:This place reeks of peppermint! Mad Whats going on?! Suspect 
I seem to remember that from so long ago. What do you mean by that sir. I remember when I first came on here, there were so many expressions. Codes maybe, and I did not understand a thing. I felt neurologically impaired. Still do. And very out of the loop.
Hi Petty.
leelee
leelee
Free-est Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by leelee Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:45 pm

Azriel I feel in the mood for a story you weave
How about it dear.?
leelee
leelee
Free-est Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:20 pm

leelee wrote:
Pettytyrant101 wrote:This place reeks of peppermint! Mad Whats going on?! Suspect 
I seem to remember that from so long ago. What do you mean by that sir. I remember when I first came on here, there were so many expressions. Codes maybe, and I did not understand a thing. I felt neurologically impaired. Still do. And very out of the loop.
Hi Petty.

Dear, dear Leelee; you were never the type to use encryption brackets, were you? Wink

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by leelee Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:25 pm

Now what does that mean dear, shall I pinch your nose sir?You are patting me on the head and your words drip with sarcasm. Tell me please what all this wierdness means. Forget my blonde hair and let,s pretend I have a brain. Please halvsie, please.
leelee
leelee
Free-est Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:36 pm

Not trying to be sarcastic at all. Encryption brackets are used to hide information from someone. Who it's being hidden from unfortunately must be figured out by context. For example:

{{{ Leelee would never use encryption brackets because she would never talk behind someone's back. }}}

But of course, you've noticed nothing but the smell of peppermint, did you - and are probably scratching your head about where it came from. Well, it's your only hint that someone has been using an encryption bracket against you.

Of course this can be muddled by context, and if you didn't know the encryption bracket was intended to hide things from you, you may actually see what's in it! Shocked

This is a serious bug, and we have engineers working on it, but for now people like Figgs (who is perfectly capable of figuring out she's not supposed to be able to read something) will exploit it by temporarily not understanding a message is not meant for her, if you follow. That woman has never caught a whiff of peppermint in her life. Mad This is supposed to be a power only shared by an admin and of course our lovely (and omniscient) Queen Tin.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by leelee Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:57 pm

You are patting me on the head. You are mocking me because I have blonde hair and you think I am brain challenged heh,?
Well perhaps that is true but I still want to know , understand this strange speech, those weird brackets.
Please someone , anyone.
leelee
leelee
Free-est Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:03 pm

Why do you think I'm mocking you? That was actually a very direct explanation of encryption brackets. I think Eldo put step-by-step directions somewhere, but that might come across as patronizing, as it never addressed the complications of context.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:28 pm

I don't remember who first came up with them, but that is indeed the supposed function of encryption brackets. Though as halfy says their effectiveness sometimes leaves something to be desired.

{{{They are one of the more fanciful elements of Forumshire; part of the weird and wonderful "world behind the forum" that we have created and that comes out in the form of in-jokes, the forum newspapers, sockpuppet accounts, and stories in the Creative Corner forum. Smile}}}
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:00 pm

(((((( blame my pussies, they can see things humans can't, and they tell me thngz Shocked )))))))
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next