Concerning Admins

+8
David H
Norc
azriel
halfwise
Eldorion
bungobaggins
Pettytyrant101
Amarië
12 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Concerning Admins - Page 6 Empty Re: Concerning Admins

Post by Amarië Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:06 pm

Awwwwwwww!!! How lovely! Thank you! :hug:

_________________
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
One does not simply woke into Mordor.
-Mrs Figg

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

 #amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Posts : 5309
Join date : 2011-06-10
Age : 41
Location : The Dark Planet Embassy, Main str. Needlehole.

Back to top Go down

Concerning Admins - Page 6 Empty Re: Concerning Admins

Post by Bluebottle Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:48 pm

The lawyers' organization sends its regards:

Concerning Admins - Page 6 The-godfather-cake-horse-head-3d-horse-head-cake-universal-studios-horse-head-cake

Appologies, that is our stock "sends its regards" cake affraid

Try these ones Nod
Concerning Admins - Page 6 Sabering_champagne.gif?t=1516224608946&width=641&name=sabering_champagne
Concerning Admins - Page 6 1473694041-tumblr-myr8zxgzjr1t5c9i8o1-500-1

_________________
“We're doomed,” he says, casually. “There's no question about that. But it's OK to be doomed because then you can just enjoy your life."
Concerning Admins - Page 6 Tumblr_msgi12FPjq1s8au6qo2_500
Bluebottle
Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Posts : 10089
Join date : 2013-11-09
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Concerning Admins - Page 6 Empty Re: Concerning Admins

Post by Amarië Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:56 pm

OH MY GOD!! Give me the whole bottle, this may start a grey horse discussion and I need to be prepared.

_________________
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
One does not simply woke into Mordor.
-Mrs Figg

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

 #amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Posts : 5309
Join date : 2011-06-10
Age : 41
Location : The Dark Planet Embassy, Main str. Needlehole.

Back to top Go down

Concerning Admins - Page 6 Empty Re: Concerning Admins

Post by Bluebottle Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:01 pm

Coming right up Very Happy

Concerning Admins - Page 6 Knocking-cork-champagne-not-bad-face-13913051232

_________________
“We're doomed,” he says, casually. “There's no question about that. But it's OK to be doomed because then you can just enjoy your life."
Concerning Admins - Page 6 Tumblr_msgi12FPjq1s8au6qo2_500
Bluebottle
Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Posts : 10089
Join date : 2013-11-09
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Concerning Admins - Page 6 Empty Re: Concerning Admins

Post by Eldorion Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:57 pm

Amarië wrote:cheers cheers cheers

And a happy Eldorion Liberation Day to you! Kissing

Laughing

Thanks, Amarië. Kissing
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

Posts : 23311
Join date : 2011-02-13
Age : 28
Location : Maryland, United States

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Concerning Admins - Page 6 Empty Re: Concerning Admins

Post by David H Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:08 pm

Amarië wrote:OH MY GOD!! Give me the whole bottle, this may start a grey horse discussion and I need to be prepared.

Concerning Admins - Page 6 Horse-clipart-animation-16

Happy adminiversary Amarië !!! :carrot: :carrot:

_________________
Concerning Admins - Page 6 1280px-Male_kodiak_bear_face  Concerning Admins - Page 6 UJpDi Concerning Admins - Page 6 Mumbea10
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Posts : 7194
Join date : 2011-11-18

Back to top Go down

Concerning Admins - Page 6 Empty Re: Concerning Admins

Post by Forest Shepherd Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:59 am

halfwise wrote:
Forest Shepherd wrote:

halfwise wrote:You're still making yourself Picard to Amarie's Riker.  A simple "make it so" may be more politically deft.

I don't even know who those characters are!


What?!  Why use an almost trademarked quote if you don't understand the context?  Dangerous waters.
Rolling Eyes

Can someone please remove the RETSAM EMAG? Thanks! Just the automatic post-counter title is good.

_________________
"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Posts : 5483
Join date : 2013-11-02
Age : 31
Location : California

Back to top Go down

Concerning Admins - Page 6 Empty Re: Concerning Admins

Post by Amarië Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:06 pm

There. No more retsam emag. You are welcome!

_________________
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
One does not simply woke into Mordor.
-Mrs Figg

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

 #amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Posts : 5309
Join date : 2011-06-10
Age : 41
Location : The Dark Planet Embassy, Main str. Needlehole.

Back to top Go down

Concerning Admins - Page 6 Empty Re: Concerning Admins

Post by Forest Shepherd Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:20 pm

:facepalm:

{{{ Razz }}}

_________________
"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Posts : 5483
Join date : 2013-11-02
Age : 31
Location : California

Back to top Go down

Concerning Admins - Page 6 Empty Re: Concerning Admins

Post by halfwise Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:26 pm

Forest - I'm sure you know from your days as a dungeon master that with great power comes great whimsicality. Be sure to submit your requests with proper deference, but if it's surety you crave....

_________________
Halfwise, son of Halfwit. Brother of Nitwit, son of Halfwit. Half brother of Figwit.
Then it gets complicated...
halfwise
halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Posts : 19420
Join date : 2012-02-01
Location : rustic broom closet in farthing of Manhattan

Back to top Go down

Concerning Admins - Page 6 Empty Re: Concerning Admins

Post by Amarië Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:00 pm

Forest Shepherd wrote::facepalm:

{{{ Razz }}}

Du må finne Star Trek med norsk tekst. Så får du øvd på begge deler! Wink Norway


_________________
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
One does not simply woke into Mordor.
-Mrs Figg

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

 #amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Posts : 5309
Join date : 2011-06-10
Age : 41
Location : The Dark Planet Embassy, Main str. Needlehole.

Back to top Go down

Concerning Admins - Page 6 Empty Re: Concerning Admins

Post by Forest Shepherd Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:06 pm

Hm... I should find a recording [implied] of Star Trek with Norwegian subtitles, so I can practice both divided separately? So I can practice both.

study study study

All I could find was a trailer.


It had this?

"Vi får håpe detter går greit." Close enough I figure!

And then I can always throw in "Typisk!" if things don't go my way.

_________________
"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Posts : 5483
Join date : 2013-11-02
Age : 31
Location : California

Back to top Go down

Concerning Admins - Page 6 Empty Re: Concerning Admins

Post by halfwise Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:32 pm

No, no, NO!  NOT the JJ Abram's version of Star Trek!  

Find TV Trek - the classic series and the Next Generation.  That's where the memes are.  A few of the movies, but NOT the Abrams movies.  If you can imagine a Trek convention, and then a body comes flying through the window like a Western saloon, that would be you if you claim to learn Star Trek that way.

_________________
Halfwise, son of Halfwit. Brother of Nitwit, son of Halfwit. Half brother of Figwit.
Then it gets complicated...
halfwise
halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Posts : 19420
Join date : 2012-02-01
Location : rustic broom closet in farthing of Manhattan

Back to top Go down

Concerning Admins - Page 6 Empty Re: Concerning Admins

Post by Eldorion Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:51 pm

Laughing @ the new title

Anyway, Petty just posted a trailer for the best version of Star Trek in the ST thread earlier today. Nod

Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

Posts : 23311
Join date : 2011-02-13
Age : 28
Location : Maryland, United States

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Concerning Admins - Page 6 Empty Re: Concerning Admins

Post by halfwise Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:04 pm

But it has to be dubbed in Fjordian, you see. This definitely limits the options.

_________________
Halfwise, son of Halfwit. Brother of Nitwit, son of Halfwit. Half brother of Figwit.
Then it gets complicated...
halfwise
halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Posts : 19420
Join date : 2012-02-01
Location : rustic broom closet in farthing of Manhattan

Back to top Go down

Concerning Admins - Page 6 Empty Re: Concerning Admins

Post by Amarië Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:08 pm

DUBBED!!!!??? Hell no!! Subtitles!!

_________________
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
One does not simply woke into Mordor.
-Mrs Figg

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

 #amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Posts : 5309
Join date : 2011-06-10
Age : 41
Location : The Dark Planet Embassy, Main str. Needlehole.

Back to top Go down

Concerning Admins - Page 6 Empty Re: Concerning Admins

Post by halfwise Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:12 pm

Ah, so Forest is to learn written Fjordian.

_________________
Halfwise, son of Halfwit. Brother of Nitwit, son of Halfwit. Half brother of Figwit.
Then it gets complicated...
halfwise
halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Posts : 19420
Join date : 2012-02-01
Location : rustic broom closet in farthing of Manhattan

Back to top Go down

Concerning Admins - Page 6 Empty Re: Concerning Admins

Post by Bluebottle Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:34 am

We don't dub, we tend to know englishshh Very Happy

_________________
“We're doomed,” he says, casually. “There's no question about that. But it's OK to be doomed because then you can just enjoy your life."
Concerning Admins - Page 6 Tumblr_msgi12FPjq1s8au6qo2_500
Bluebottle
Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Posts : 10089
Join date : 2013-11-09
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Concerning Admins - Page 6 Empty Re: Concerning Admins

Post by Norc Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:10 pm

halfwise wrote:Ah, so Forest is to learn written Fjordian.

written fjordian and spoken fjordian is slightly different..
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Posts : 19247
Join date : 2011-12-21
Age : 27

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Concerning Admins - Page 6 Empty Re: Concerning Admins

Post by Bluebottle Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:47 pm

Norc wrote:
halfwise wrote:Ah, so Forest is to learn written Fjordian.

written fjordian and spoken fjordian is slightly different..


Weeeeeeeell, deeeepeeeends

_________________
“We're doomed,” he says, casually. “There's no question about that. But it's OK to be doomed because then you can just enjoy your life."
Concerning Admins - Page 6 Tumblr_msgi12FPjq1s8au6qo2_500
Bluebottle
Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Posts : 10089
Join date : 2013-11-09
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Concerning Admins - Page 6 Empty Re: Concerning Admins

Post by halfwise Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:53 pm

Fjordians speak with a Mexican accent? scratch

_________________
Halfwise, son of Halfwit. Brother of Nitwit, son of Halfwit. Half brother of Figwit.
Then it gets complicated...
halfwise
halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Posts : 19420
Join date : 2012-02-01
Location : rustic broom closet in farthing of Manhattan

Back to top Go down

Concerning Admins - Page 6 Empty Re: Concerning Admins

Post by Bluebottle Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:54 pm

Actually, a more or less interesting fact about norwegian written language... well... we have two: Nynorsk and Bokmål. The pretty close to what is spoken aroud my parts.

Every day on the way to school I walk past the place where outraged parents made a bonfire of schoolbooks back when the social democratic party tried to combine the two styles of writing norwegians in a single written form, samnorsk. Razz

Perhaps even weirder, neither form of written norwegian is historic norwegian, but closer to danish. They speak a dialect of historic norwegian on Iceland, which, along with Greenland and the Faeroe islands were first settled by norwegians.

No mexicans involved.

_________________
“We're doomed,” he says, casually. “There's no question about that. But it's OK to be doomed because then you can just enjoy your life."
Concerning Admins - Page 6 Tumblr_msgi12FPjq1s8au6qo2_500
Bluebottle
Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Posts : 10089
Join date : 2013-11-09
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Concerning Admins - Page 6 Empty Re: Concerning Admins

Post by Bluebottle Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:58 pm

After the decision to amalgamate the two forms of written organizations, an organization was founded to support this measure that up until recently has actually had a representative on both the official national councils for bokmål and nynorsk. It actually even has a web-page Razz

https://www.samnorsk.no/

_________________
“We're doomed,” he says, casually. “There's no question about that. But it's OK to be doomed because then you can just enjoy your life."
Concerning Admins - Page 6 Tumblr_msgi12FPjq1s8au6qo2_500
Bluebottle
Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Posts : 10089
Join date : 2013-11-09
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Concerning Admins - Page 6 Empty Re: Concerning Admins

Post by halfwise Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:10 pm

Seems doomed to fail, like Esperanto.

_________________
Halfwise, son of Halfwit. Brother of Nitwit, son of Halfwit. Half brother of Figwit.
Then it gets complicated...
halfwise
halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Posts : 19420
Join date : 2012-02-01
Location : rustic broom closet in farthing of Manhattan

Back to top Go down

Concerning Admins - Page 6 Empty Re: Concerning Admins

Post by Bluebottle Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:25 pm

Yes, the approach was officially disontinued in 2005, but was politically left behind in the 1960s. The book bonfire was even earlier. Smile

_________________
“We're doomed,” he says, casually. “There's no question about that. But it's OK to be doomed because then you can just enjoy your life."
Concerning Admins - Page 6 Tumblr_msgi12FPjq1s8au6qo2_500
Bluebottle
Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Posts : 10089
Join date : 2013-11-09
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum