The Wobbit A Parody
Orwell
odo banks
Ally
Eldorion
20 posters

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Donations (domain name) - Page 9 Empty Re: Donations (domain name)

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:53 am

{{ Thank you Eldy. Though sad to hear your not planning on staying about longer- you are sorely missed by all.

Have we ever officially gone by the Forumshire name before?
Reason I ask is the redirect page offered it up as an option this morning- }}

Donations (domain name) - Page 9 453

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:58 am

+1 for thanking you for your hard work and being sad to see you head out again Eldy.

Take care!!!
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:11 pm

Yes, quite happy. It will be easier to send other people here once we no longer have the implicit approval of the hobbit movies built in.

Amarië wrote:You are beyond words, I can understand. Months of wishing and talking about how much you wanted the domain to change, and now it's actually happening!
I said to Eldy that's you'd be doing cartwheels with joy. Allow me to give you a little push in the right direction.  Nod
Donations (domain name) - Page 9 Source

Wheeeeeeeeeeeee! cheers

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:45 pm

I wish you weren't going Eldy, its been quite a roller-coaster. I will miss you at the picnics and the stories, and everything really. One day maybe you will feel like returning we will be here waiting. I love you good luck with everything.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldy Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:58 pm

(Might as well give in and use my personal account when making non-update posts. Donations (domain name) - Page 9 25i7a2V Forumotion has not yet released us from the domain name waiting period, but I'll keep checking at least once a day until we're freed up.)

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Have we ever officially gone by the Forumshire name before?

The old forum was only ever named "The Hobbit Movie Forum", which was also the name we used for the first four months of the new forum. We added "Forumshire" to the official name in June 2011 at the same time we began using hobbitmovieforum.com as our domain name. (This was a compromise which broke the tie between that and forumshire.com. My main reason for favoring hobbitmovieforum.com was to improve our SEO, but Google has since devalued the role domain names play in its search rankings.) However, we never used "Forumshire" alone as the name of the site until I changed it yesterday.

---

Thank you for your kind words, everyone. This might ring false since I keep disappointing people with my absence, but reading them means more than I can express with words right now. I have so many fond memories of this place and the people on here; it was one of the defining features of my life for nearly a decade. For reasons I have expressed to some of you in private and don't want to rehash right now, I'm not super comfortable posting here anymore and would rather let my good memories live on unblemished, but I clearly still have an emotional investment in this place given how much I offered to do with the debranding and domain name transition, well beyond what Amarië initially asked of me.

Forums in general are a much less important part of my life now than they used to be, although I still spend a good deal of time in a couple forum-adjacent Discord servers. With one very recent exception, I don't much like the direction Tolkien fandom (the forum element of it, at any rate) has gone in the last two or three years. But since the end of my most recent relationship last fall--just a few months after dropping out of grad school--I have drastically cut back on my activity in online communities in general while trying to keep myself busy with personal writing projects so my mind is too tired at the end of the day to tell me what a shit person I am.

Anyway, sorry for the downer post. I'm honestly doing pretty well these days, for the most part, but that's largely from giving myself little time to brood on the past (or future) like I'm doing right now. So I should probably get back to working on my LOTR/Naruto fusion fanfic before I embarrass myself further. Donations (domain name) - Page 9 LlpdLwD
Eldy
Eldy
Loremistress Emerita

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:28 pm

You're going through more in your life right now than many people go through in their entire lives.  Taking a break while you reformulate is only natural.

But if you look at how people treasure you, you'll know that voice inside you trying to convince you you're a shit person is a damn liar - an artefact you should push out of your life as hard as you can. You just being you is a gift to others around you.

Last edited by halfwise on Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:10 pm

{{ You are too harsh on yourself Eldy, focus on all the reasons folk here miss you, your humour, your friendship and openness and your insights.
I cant begin to imagine what things are like for you, and Im not going to pretend I can. Just know Forumshire is always here for you, its folk are here for you. And we miss you. x}}

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:55 pm

Eldy wrote:(Might as well give in and use my personal account when making non-update posts. Donations (domain name) - Page 9 25i7a2V Forumotion has not yet released us from the domain name waiting period, but I'll keep checking at least once a day until we're freed up.)

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Have we ever officially gone by the Forumshire name before?

The old forum was only ever named "The Hobbit Movie Forum", which was also the name we used for the first four months of the new forum. We added "Forumshire" to the official name in June 2011 at the same time we began using hobbitmovieforum.com as our domain name. (This was a compromise which broke the tie between that and forumshire.com. My main reason for favoring hobbitmovieforum.com was to improve our SEO, but Google has since devalued the role domain names play in its search rankings.) However, we never used "Forumshire" alone as the name of the site until I changed it yesterday.

---

Thank you for your kind words, everyone. This might ring false since I keep disappointing people with my absence, but reading them means more than I can express with words right now. I have so many fond memories of this place and the people on here; it was one of the defining features of my life for nearly a decade. For reasons I have expressed to some of you in private and don't want to rehash right now, I'm not super comfortable posting here anymore and would rather let my good memories live on unblemished, but I clearly still have an emotional investment in this place given how much I offered to do with the debranding and domain name transition, well beyond what Amarië initially asked of me.

Forums in general are a much less important part of my life now than they used to be, although I still spend a good deal of time in a couple forum-adjacent Discord servers. With one very recent exception, I don't much like the direction Tolkien fandom (the forum element of it, at any rate) has gone in the last two or three years. But since the end of my most recent relationship last fall--just a few months after dropping out of grad school--I have drastically cut back on my activity in online communities in general while trying to keep myself busy with personal writing projects so my mind is too tired at the end of the day to tell me what a shit person I am.

Anyway, sorry for the downer post. I'm honestly doing pretty well these days, for the most part, but that's largely from giving myself little time to brood on the past (or future) like I'm doing right now. So I should probably get back to working on my LOTR/Naruto fusion fanfic before I embarrass myself further. Donations (domain name) - Page 9 LlpdLwD

Good to hear from you, Eldy! I couldn't agree more with petty and halfy, and I'd like to add this: you were brighter at 16 than I am at 28, so even though your mind appears to be your own worst enemy these days, I daresay it's one of your greatest strengths as well. You'll pull through - all the best from Fjordlandia, and I hope to see you on here again someday when you feel like it.

Donations (domain name) - Page 9 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:06 am

Have to say most of us don't figure out all the crap our own minds are putting us through until our 40's or later. Then we can shrug it all off and are much happier. Being forced to think about it at an earlier age I hope can jump start that process.

Then again, New Yorkers are notorious for doing constant therapy and don't seem to show much improvement for all that.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:07 am

Eldy - do whatever you need to do. Everyone here supports you! We would love to have you around but not at your own cost.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:40 pm

As Halfy said, age does help all the crap in ones head, the crap is still there but a bit more weathered and mellow. Instead of 'OMG'! its 'meh what the heck'!
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:20 pm

The bit about age I don't like is getting older Laughing but as Mrs Figg says, " its meh, what the heck " it all washes away with the tide. What you DO have is, you can walk back here any day, any night, & everyone will welcome you with open arms because, you are loved. And that's a nice feeling flower

Donations (domain name) - Page 9 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Donations (domain name) - Page 9 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldy Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:58 am

Thanks again, everyone. I love you

I've been in and out of therapy for most of my life, and believe it or not I'm a much more stable and self-confident person (in very relative terms :pac:) now than I was at any point when I ran this place, so there's at least been progress. Despite how miserable I made the admin experience for myself, being able to look back on it with greater objectivity definitely helped with the confidence part, and I'm very grateful to everyone here. Fingers crossed for continued progress!
Eldy
Eldy
Loremistress Emerita

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:53 pm

This is Eldy. After six days of radio silence from Forumotion, I got a response ... asking if I was really sure I wanted to buy a new domain rather than renewing the old one. After answering this question for what feels like the tenth time, I got a new ETA of tomorrow for our situation being resolved, though I'm not disregarding the possibility that they do something else entirely and I have to go back and ask for it to be undone. :crazy:
Admin
Admin
Administrator

https://www.forumshire.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:12 pm

10th time's the charm! Pokey Tongue

Hopefully this was just the forumotion folks making really really sure that we really wanted to do this, that we really understood what we were asking, and that we really really understood that it wouldn't be free...

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:38 pm

What are those "like" "dislike" buttons doing on here? If we can get rid of them I'm all for it.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:45 pm

Kewl new update from forumotion. Will be gone as soon one of us figures out how.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:17 am

{{ Dunno if its just temp or same for everyone, but I couldnt get here usual way- my bookmark normally takes me to that page you can click to get here, but no page, infinite loading. I had to google forumshire and get here that way. Mad }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:49 am

I am having no problems getting here. But I bookmarked this page directly. Since it will keep this same name "under the hood" as Amarie says, it should keep working even after we get the new name.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:54 am

The whole point of changing the domain name is to stop using the old one.

As halfy says, update your bookmarks.

--Eldy
Admin
Admin
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:57 am

{{ Our address hasnt changed- its still hobbitmovie. }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:03 am

Do an experiment for me and click both of these links:

www.hobbitmovieforum.com
hobbitmovie.forumotion.com

You should find that one of them takes you to a GoDaddy landing page (or else doesn't load at all), and the other takes you to the forum we are currently posting on.

--Eldy

Last edited by Admin on Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:07 am

{{2nd one works. But we are losing the hobbitmovie bit arent we? }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:08 am

Admin wrote:We've always been hobbitmovie.forumotion.com under the hood. For the first four months after Dark Planet Day, that's all we were--that's why Petty's old "Hobbit Movie Refugees" site redirects to this URL--but once we purchased a custom domain, all traffic to hobbitmovie.forumotion.com was redirected to hobbitmovieforum.com. Since that domain expired, we reverted to the original form, but after we move to forumshire.com you'll once more be unable able to see hobbitmovie.forumotion.com.
Admin
Admin
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:51 am

Keep a link to hobbitmovie.forumotion.com, and you will always find your way here.

hobbitmovieforum.com is going byebye,
forumshire.com is coming (forumotion help chat be willing.....)

-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next