chris63
Eldorion
Mrs Figg
azriel
Bluebottle
19 posters

Page 19 of 28 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 23 ... 28  Next

Go down

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [4] - Page 19 Empty Re: Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [4]

Post by azriel Fri May 29, 2020 1:01 pm

Noooo, I don't think Id like Billy as Tom. I imagined Tom as a Country farmer with a Cornish accent, don't know why ?

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [4] - Page 19 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [4] - Page 19 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [4] - Page 19 Empty Re: Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [4]

Post by Ringdrotten Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:23 am

I know, I am a nerd - but this is just too hilarious not to share lol!

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [4] - Page 19 Ltr10

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [4] - Page 19 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:56 pm

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:43 pm

Took me a while to figure out what was going on there. Laughing

Too bad Galadriel was not in that scene.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:47 pm

{{ Not sure if that would be the most terryfing image possible Halfy, or worryingly alluring! Laughing }}

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:05 am

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:25 pm

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [4] - Page 19 Wraith10

Even Wraiths need a holiday Smile

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [4] - Page 19 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:21 am

Ringdrotten wrote:I know, I am a nerd - but this is just too hilarious not to share lol!

It's beautiful Very Happy

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:34 am

Ringo :facepalm: Very Happy

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Elthir Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:01 pm

Although technically we can can find the exchange of money in Tolkien's books (for example), I like the general point made by Rothfuss there.

Sharrasi's prentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:54 am

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:11 am

The "Fade to White" gag was quite good. Smile

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:12 pm

I like this guy.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:47 pm

{{ My  advice if you havent already Halfy is pick out a few films he covers, usually the worse the film the funnier, watch them to get all his catchphrases and stuff, then watch his subscribers  special, the pitch meeting for pitch meeting, which is genius. }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:15 pm

I liked it too Smile

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:29 pm

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:40 pm

Nobody is better qualified to do an audio book of The Hobbit.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:08 pm

I think I'd prefer a reader with a friendlier voice. Andy Serkis has established himself as one of the edgiest actors in the LotR cast, and I can't imagine him making scenes like Bilbo's entry into Rivendell satisfactorily light-hearted.

I'm also suspect of someone so intimately wrapped-up in the Jackson movies doing this reading: how much of the movies' influence is being read back into the Hobbit book? In this interview Serkis says that while he is trying to avoid impersonation, he is also refining some of the characterizations that came out in the movies. I'd prefer to hear a less-well-known perspective, or a fresh one.

That being said, I'm curious as to what the recording sounds like. Smile

Towards the end of the video, when asked which character was his favourite to read, he's doing that actor thing where he gushes over how phenomenal and amazing they all are. Rolling Eyes

And he's just said something about how Bilbo's character arc includes a realization towards the end that he will "never go back". As in, he will never be able to return to the life he once knew. Bloody hell, Bilbo is not Frodo!!! "The Hobbit, or There and Back Again" is the title. Mad

Edit: I don't blame Serkis for having all this pish-posh in his head, but he's harping on now about how the Master is basically Trump/Johnson, and how interesting Thorin's "character arc" is and how "tragic" it is when he eventually gives in to his greed and dies. All this Jackson-Hobbit-Movies influence is making me very crabbit indeed. These characters are not fleshed out enough to draw any of these conclusions from, and he's clearly understanding the book within the context of the movies.

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:34 pm

I suppose one of the reasons why Serkis was approached to do this was to market a new audiobook by tying it in with the movies.

The Hobbit novel was written and conceived as a standalone children's fairytale for Tolkien's children (well the published version is at least..The early drafts published in The History Of The Hobbit do share a number of references to The Silmarillion which were dropped in the final story), it's a whole different tone and spirit to LOTR let alone the Jackson movies, I'm not doubting Serkis acting talents but I'd have preferred a new reader with no connections to the movies, this would have been a good opportunity to draw attention back to the book and its origins as a stand alone story.

The Hobbit became a prequel to LOTR, but it is a great stand alone story on its own terms, it shouldn't be immediately compared to its lengthier follow up or thought as merely a lesser prelude i.m.o (it was clear Peter Jackson viewed the book that way Sad Evil or Very Mad ) , I wonder how Serkis will approach narrating the story from this simpler angle, having working on Jackson's bloated expansion for years...

Bilbo definitely has a well sketched character arc in the book...Thorin has an arc but less pronounced (and it's a case of becoming less of a grumpy morally grey dick over time, rather than the oh so tragic and generically heroic bland hero he in the movies) and I don't really feel that's a problem with the book tbh. Though the extra info we get on Thorin in Unfinished Tales The LOTR Appendices and The History Of Middle Earth/History Of The Hobbit is interesting and worth looking into if you want to consider The Hobbit within the context of Tolkien's other middle earth writings.

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:27 pm

I really must get around to reading The History of the Hobbit, but I'm still working my way through a couple of Tolkien biographies I bought last year (or was it the year before?) in anticipation of the Tolkien movie.

Thorin's arc is shaped by his attitude towards Bilbo, rightfully so: from dismissive to respectful to furious to repentant. Giving him an arc independent of Bilbo was one of the big mistakes in the movies!

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:10 am

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:54 pm

Sarah Palin Smile

I like this man Smile

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:34 pm

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:16 pm

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:40 pm

That "lost Faramir" had me in fits lol!

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 28 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 23 ... 28  Next