17 posters

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

Doctor Who [11] - Page 7 Empty Re: Doctor Who [11]

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:26 pm

I skipped the long Rose bashing.- Amarie

It wasn't so much Rose bashing as article bashing. Nod

'and it didn't work'

Not sure how you quantify that- she is a very popular character (as the above companion polls demonstrate) and the actress impressed in the role and she immediately got a lot of work offers from people keen to hire her as soon as she left the show. (I also happen to think that Billy Piper is a good actor too. Its Rose I don't like.)

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:55 pm

she was given the part of a robot, so typecasting.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:18 pm

And Occulus? The two romantic comedies she has done, Not Another Happy Ending and the upcoming The List? Or the tv series she is doing focusing on the historical events of the Salem Witch Trials, The Devil You Know, or the Western she is in this year In the Valley of Violence? Or The Big Short in production about the financial crash? Or the short film she directed, Coward? Or the art film she is starring in about co-workers Warning Labels?
Then of course there are the awards she has won-  Empire Award for Best Female Newcomer, National Television Award for Outstanding Drama Performance (Female)
Give the lassie some credit where its due.

I don't get your dislike for the actor- I dont like Rose but I like Billy Piper. I don't get your hate for Karen just because you didn't like Amy pond.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:53 pm

lol! @Figgy

She did really well as Nebula I think. Amy never seemed real to me. I rewatched the waking up with contractions trapped in a box, trying to give it another chance. It just pissed me off. That is not a girl experiencing two truly horrific things happening at once.

And not only is there no space for her too push. She'd be too scared to push.  They would need a c-section anyway. They are stressing the mother and risking the baby at the same time. That is a lot of risk taking when they both are so imporant. You can forgive some writing flaws if the acting is good, and some acting flaws if the story/writing is good.  But this can only be saved if Amy is put back under and the baby is delivered some other way.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:59 pm

That seems more of a nitpick to me than a plot hole- its a futuristic medical device we have no idea how it works, the entire end could open up and a team of tiny robot midwives come out for all we know. We don't see the birth or delivery.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:24 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:

'What caused the other window to implode?'

Multi-dimensional infraction and narrative necessity.  Nod
Ah, so low budget and poor special effects. The usual culprits!

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:15 pm

Blimey! A Worrying (or not depending on your point of view) rumour is doing the rounds, no full series for 2016!:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/08/05/no-doctor-who-season-10-in-202416/

According to Den of Geek, the BBC isn't really commenting either way:

https://twitter.com/denofgeek/status/628917788497866753

-Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if this was true, for a satrical Mag Private Eye has a pretty accurate track record. The ever increasing budget cuts, Moffat's commitments to Sherlock, his comments a couple of years ago about 'being nearer the end than the beginning' of his tenure in charge, and a increasingly mixed response to his tenure in charge (deny it all you want Petty, but look on the official Facebook page or ask casual viewers all add up in the end

I've read rumours that Moffat originally intended to leave with Smith, but was pushed into staying as there wasn't a suitable replacement at the time, in all honesty if this is true I can see it being beneficial in some ways, a break from the hectic schedule will give the writers and crew a chance to recharge their batteries and/or find a new Showrunner, six years in charge is a decent stretch by any measure, and if Moffat can no longer commit full time to the show, in my opinion (no matter how you feel about his writing) he should leave and let someone tak over who can.

I really hope this dosen't hint at a upcoming regeneration for Capaldi...

Suspect pale

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:41 pm

That would seem to contradict the recent news from the BBC at their last spending announcement that funding for series 10 was already in place.

On the point of a mixed response I've never said it wasn't mixed- I have argued that whilst being mixed the viewing audience continues to grow, the show continues to be sold to more and more countries and the global ratings keep increasing and overall the critics like it.
All my life Who has had a mixed response. The internet makes the haters more vocal that's all and artificially increases their presence, as fans who like what they see are far less likely to take the time to comment, and if you like it there is less to say. But the global figures speak for themselves- the show has never been more popular than it is under Moffats run.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:50 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:That would seem to contradict the recent news from the BBC at their last spending announcement that funding for series 10 was already in place.

On the point of a mixed response I've never said it wasn't mixed- I have argued that whilst being mixed the viewing audience continues to grow, the show continues to be sold to more and more countries and the global ratings keep increasing and overall the critics like it.
All my life Who has had a mixed response. The internet makes the haters more vocal that's all and artificially increases their presence, as fans who like what they see are far less likely to take the time to comment, and if you like it there is less to say. But the global figures speak for themselves- the show has never been more popular than it is under Moffats run.

Maybe Series 10 is due in 2017, and this is a gap year to ease in a new showrunner or Doctor? The Den of Geek tweet (they are very reliable) suggests that whilst series 10 is planned, the schedule is up in the air.

As for the mixed response, my point was in my own personal experience, casual audiences have been turned off by Moffat's tenure-of the Six members of my family who were regular viewers 2005-2010 I remain the only one still willing to watch, four of my close friends have all expressed similar concerns about Moffat's writing, and I would classify only two of these people 'fans'.

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:56 pm

Yes but to take your example what the viewing figures suggest is that for your four friends who stopped watching six more folks started.

Who has always been like that by the very nature of being so long running- people change it remains- I've stopped watching Who 3 times in my life, twice during classic and once during NuWho and most I think would consider me quite a big Who fan.
People coming and going is not only not anything new, its to be expected.
Its when those leaving greatly outnumber those discovering the show new there is a problem- and right now the opposite of that is happening.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:00 pm

Fair point, but to be frank in a weird way I'm actual hopeful this is true, Moffat has been in charge long enough i.m.o (if he can't commit to Who, why is he in charge of it?), and a format change from 13x45 mins could be a good thing, I'd rather have less, but better episodes next year and a stronger 2017 Series, than two average seasons.

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:07 pm

I see no evidence Moffat is not committed to Who- he sounds committed at the tons of fan conventions ect he has been attending to promote the show- odd thing to do if he is not committed to it. He is as enthusiastic about the show and about Capaldi and Coleman as his leads as he has ever been.
Far as I can tell the notion he lacks any sort of commitment to the show is base don nothing more than tongue rattling gossip and assumptions made because he also run Sherlock (notably however not alone- Gatiss does a lot of heavy lifting on Sherlock too as joint showrunner).
And I wouldn't have called series 9 average, far from it, and I don't think 10 is shaping up to be average either.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:30 pm

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:47 pm

Just bought the kids TARDIS and 11 bathrobes. They think it's ninja outfits. #Nerds2Bjustwait&see

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:37 pm

Very Happy They can do 3rd Doctor Venusian Judo in them Nod

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:50 pm

Oh what a relief! I was worried they would act out of Character. Laughing

-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:05 pm

But you may have to give them big 70's bouffant hair Very Happy

(I have a theory Capaldi is using his hair for the role- I think it will grow increasingly wild and rampant as time goes on- old punk that he is I think Capaldi is keen to emphasise the rebel bit in rebel Timelord)

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:50 am

'Here's some breaking news: Doctor Who has not been cancelled by the BBC. Quite the opposite, actually: it's been recommissioned for another series.
A spokesman for the BBC has confirmed the news to RadioTimes.com
Showrunner Steven Moffat's contract covers series 10.'- Radio Times

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:39 am

oh no
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:53 pm

'Trans comedian and actress Bethany Black has joined the cast of Doctor Who Series 9 – making her the first openly trans actor in the shows 52 year run.
Black, who has been dubbed “Britain’s only goth, lesbian, transsexual comedian” will have an as yet undisclosed guest star role in the new series.
The 36 year-old actress took to Facebook to quip: “Trying to keep this secret has been the most difficult thing in the world…Now to sit back and wait until The Mail realises the BBC have cast an openly trans lesbian in a family show,” as well as a bit of posing in front of the TARDIS.
Black will join The League of Gentleman’s Reece Shearsmith in the ninth episode of the new series, which was penned by fellow Gentleman alum Mark Gatiss.- Kasterberous

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:15 am

Not "first trans actor"?

Well, whatever, what difference does it make really.

I get the series numbers mixed up. Does this mean Moffat will be producing another series after this one, or two more series after this one?

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:23 am

The upcoming series is 9 Moffat is contracted to 10. After that who knows!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:05 am

Ah ok, thanks!

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:43 pm

next it will be one legged Chinese Dwarf with bisexual tendencies. go for it Moffat!
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:21 pm

No winning with you- if he doesn't cast more women and transgender folk, or hire more female writers or directors he hates women- and when he hires transsexual actors, more women writers and directors he still hates women- your arguments make no sense at all.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next