Happy birthday to Her Britannic Majesty, Queen Tin!

+8
malickfan
bungobaggins
David H
Mrs Figg
halfwise
azriel
Pettytyrant101
Eldorion
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Happy birthday to Her Britannic Majesty, Queen Tin! - Page 2 Empty Re: Happy birthday to Her Britannic Majesty, Queen Tin!

Post by azriel Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:38 am

Oh gawd, I know that feeling all to well, Embarassed pale

Happy birthday to Her Britannic Majesty, Queen Tin! - Page 2 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Happy birthday to Her Britannic Majesty, Queen Tin! - Page 2 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Happy birthday to Her Britannic Majesty, Queen Tin! - Page 2 Empty Re: Happy birthday to Her Britannic Majesty, Queen Tin!

Post by Norc Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:30 pm

Eldorion wrote:I wouldn't feel too bad Blue.  You don't have tons of embarrassing teenage stuff publicly preserved in the forum's archives. Razz
Oh yeah, sistah!
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:34 pm

How you know you're old... You're on tinder and guys your age/+4 are like .. "Eeeew no, too old/douch/serious/Young
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:51 pm

I was going to say and here I thought you were just right.. but then I realized you're not a bowl of porridge..

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:45 pm

Certainly not.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:37 am

Nah, you're a lot more fun and interesting than a bowl of porridge. Smile

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:43 pm

I certainly hope so
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:19 pm

Don't worry, you are. Wink

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:49 pm

Ooooooookei...
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:10 pm

What's the difference between porridge and oatmeal?

Happy birthday to Her Britannic Majesty, Queen Tin! - Page 2 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:00 pm

Porridge oats are usually ground finer, and when cooked has a texture more like cream of wheat.
Oatmeal as Americans know it is usually just rolled (crushed between rollers) which gives it more of a lumpy texture.
What they sometimes sell us under the name of  "Scotch Oats" has usually been chopped up with knives (no Scotch involved at all, sadly Sad  )

See, this is why every forum should have a Farmer-in-Residence. Nod

Now ask my why porridge is grey. :carrot:

Happy birthday to Her Britannic Majesty, Queen Tin! - Page 2 1280px-Male_kodiak_bear_face  Happy birthday to Her Britannic Majesty, Queen Tin! - Page 2 UJpDi Happy birthday to Her Britannic Majesty, Queen Tin! - Page 2 Mumbea10
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:09 pm

But there seems to be a wide variety in the meaning of 'porridge'. I've seen it applied to what Americans would call granola.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:04 am

halfwise wrote:I've seen it applied to what Americans would call granola.

Who would say such a thing? scratch Suspect

Happy birthday to Her Britannic Majesty, Queen Tin! - Page 2 1280px-Male_kodiak_bear_face  Happy birthday to Her Britannic Majesty, Queen Tin! - Page 2 UJpDi Happy birthday to Her Britannic Majesty, Queen Tin! - Page 2 Mumbea10
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2