halfwise
Eldorion
Bluebottle
Mrs Figg
Pettytyrant101
20 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Just...................whatever [5] - Page 22 Empty Re: Just...................whatever [5]

Post by halfwise Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:55 pm

Hi Norc. Everyone bumbles through. Those who feel they have to prove something to the world usually do best financially, but they are usually not the happiest. Good to remember.

If a decade from now you can keep from falling for the time-share trap, then you have it licked.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Just...................whatever [5] - Page 22 Empty Re: Just...................whatever [5]

Post by halfwise Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:57 pm

And if it helps, your mom with never accept you as an adult. Every adult you see has a mom thinking they are still children. Sort of takes the pressure off.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:06 am

halfwise wrote:Hi Norc. Everyone bumbles through. Those who feel they have to prove something to the world usually do best financially, but they are usually not the happiest. Good to remember.

If a decade from now you can keep from falling for the time-share trap, then you have it licked.

Also important to remember: "You can't take it with you."

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:20 am

http://www.concerthotels.com/got-rhythm

This was fun. Highest score I got was 836. Helps to close your eyes because the lights are distracting.

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:27 am

852 Smile

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:24 am

The number I'm watching is 4706 Mad

Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:26 am

I forget where it was that Petty was complaining about cold, rainy weather. But I was just listening to my Rainy Mood site on my computer and remembering how lovely the rain can be (especially if it comes with distant thunder) and missing it terribly. I get rain here but only during the winter and almost never any thunder or lightning (like once a year, usually). I know there's goods and bads to any weather anywhere and you can get sick of anything. But damnit if I don't really really really miss rainy days during the summer (with some distant thunder).

P.S.
Also stormy nights. Yes please!

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:47 am

A stormy night in a snug secure home is one of my favorite things.

A stormy night in a tent is just the worst thing ever. Unless it's made of thick canvas and you have wood pallet floor. But you don't get those army tents anymore.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:54 am

halfwise wrote:

A stormy night in a tent is just the worst thing ever.  

....except of course for a long stormy winter night with nothing but a poncho Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:12 am

That's more or less what a modern tent is. Mad

Makes me understand why women are upset all they can buy is a bikini when what they really want is one of 'em victorian bloomer things.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:07 am

halfwise wrote:And if it helps, your mom with never accept you as an adult.  Every adult you see has a mom thinking they are still children. Sort of takes the pressure off.

my mom accepts me as an adult when it suits her... like now i have to pack everything myself... no help.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:03 pm

Laughing

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:07 pm

bungobaggins wrote:http://www.concerthotels.com/got-rhythm

This was fun. Highest score I got was 836. Helps to close your eyes because the lights are distracting.

I just woke up and scored 900. Using a mouse instead of the trackpad helps, and closing your eyes to make sure your clicks are on top by sound helps too. need a loud mouse clicker.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:15 pm

I forget where it was that Petty was complaining about cold, rainy weather- Forest

Me?! Complain?! Never.

It is the height of summer and we have fucking flood warnings in place though Evil or Very Mad

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:18 pm

Its like November down here No feels like all the season's are merging into one big year round season

Just...................whatever [5] - Page 22 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Just...................whatever [5] - Page 22 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:12 pm

its the worst heatwave for 10 years here. bloody terrible. No the Italians have two measures, actual temp and temp felt by the human body factoring in humidity. yesterday some areas got up to 53 degrees Shocked  yes that's 53 ( 127 degrees) . its cooler on Venus.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:23 pm

Next week I'm going to a conference in Toulouse France. The guide booklet cheerfully talks about the mild climate, making it a great place to visit in the summer.

It's gonna average 96 F (35 C) the entire week. Mad

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:48 pm

We seem to be stuck in a weather pattern here.  Temperature of 68F (20C), 50% humidity with gentle northwest breezes and wispy white clouds.  We've sworn a vow not to tell anybody though, for fear the rest of the suffering world would descend upon us like locusts. Shocked

Sofa

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:10 pm

Mad
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:15 pm

Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:59 pm

David H wrote:The number I'm watching is 4706 Mad

Hmm I think you're safe, Dave. For now.

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:18 pm

That's what they ALL say.... Suspect

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:28 am

David H wrote:We seem to be stuck in a weather pattern here.  Temperature of 68F (20C), 50% humidity with gentle northwest breezes and wispy white clouds.  We've sworn a vow not to tell anybody though, for fear the rest of the suffering world would descend upon us like locusts. Shocked

Sofa

Mad

It's called surfing the back of the wave (the rest of us on the front of it).  And since the big waves hold their patterns longer, you'll be surfing a long time.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:42 am

halfwise wrote:
It's called surfing the back of the wave (the rest of us on the front of it).  And since the big waves hold their patterns longer, you'll be surfing a long time.
:carrot: Cheerleader cheers Cheerleader :carrot:

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:59 pm

Storms, floods, gale force winds- even for a Scottish summer this is getting a bit out of hand Evil or Very Mad

'A clean-up is under way after storms flooded parts of Scotland, while gales have hit The Open golf at St Andrews.
Electricity is being restored in Alyth after flash floods on Friday cut off power and forced people from homes.
The Open was suspended after just 32 minutes of play, with 40mph gusts of wind. The championship will now play on for an extra day on Monday.
Storms also saw the evacuation of the Tiree Music Festival site overnight.
A couple have been rescued from their flooded home in Dumfries and Galloway.
They raised the alarm at 06:51 after finding the ground floor of their house in Creetown under three feet (90cm) of water.'- BBC

Just...................whatever [5] - Page 22 _84336489_84336487_zpsrd6ybvoz

Just...................whatever [5] - Page 22 _84336356_84335239_zpsm0k4yl7y

Just...................whatever [5] - Page 22 _84344924_cars_pile_zpsqraxfezu

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum