halfwise
azriel
Orwell
11 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

The Jimmy - Page 7 Empty Re: The Jimmy

Post by Orwell Mon May 11, 2015 10:24 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Shocked Oh dear no tale is improved with respectability Mad

No, I think you're right. Suspect

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Mon May 11, 2015 10:29 pm

halfwise wrote:I've just begun to notice how this tale resembles that of a certain Cugal the Clever.  I doubt respectability is anywhere in sight! Suspect

At last - a fellow traveller! cheers {{{Got me thinking about how far unconcious plagarism might go, though it's often suggested )in the less fashionable parts of Needlehole) that Ol' Anon is much influenced by the writings of a man called Jack! The humour of the Professor and Jack are said to flow in his veins, Halfy, and humour is subversion where they come from, but who among us have seen it. Very Happy }}}

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon May 11, 2015 11:27 pm

Jimmy felt a lump in his throat. Maybe Julia was right for once - he guessed it was possible she could be right at least once, if only according to the laws of probability or chance

Suspect at least once......a second
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Tue May 12, 2015 11:16 pm

Is that an exaggeration? scratch If not, Jimmy will be shocked to hear it! Shocked

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by The Archet Bugle Thu May 28, 2015 12:04 am

Chapter Six.... continued....

Jimmy bounded over to stand before Odo with hands clenched into tight little fisties.

"Well, if it's not Odo Reuel Banks - popping up again like a bad batch of buckie!"

"Wouldn't that be more like regurgitating like a bad batch of buckie? Nonetheless, I don't like the inference. I could say similar unkind things about you too, Jimmy O'Fartin-McCracken!"

Julia brought up Jimmy's rear. "What ever are you up to, Mister Banks? Riding around with Black Riders on extinct flying lizards. What ever ever are you up to?"

"Of course they can't be extinct if they're still flying about," Shish added bringing up Julia's rear.

"True," Odo smiled. "Only too true."

"Don't you grin like a goon at me," Julia cried. "My point is that those Black Riders are evil. Can't you tell? Evil!"

"Well, you did say extinct... but never mind. You know in business you meet all types..."

Julia sighed: "So why are you here in the middle of just about nowhere?"

"I probably shouldn't say," Odo whispered confidentially. "But the Boss wants this region covered just in case that Strider chap comes this way. Fully expects it'll be Cahadras or Moria - but just in case he thought it good for someome do some contract spying here. Frankly, I think the Boss just wants me out of the way. Doesn't seem to trust me. Don't kow why. There were those rumours about a hostile takeover... Well, I told him I knew nothing at all about that - and there is such a thing as industry privacy and confidentiality you know...."

"Why would Strider want to come this way?" Julia pondered.

"The Boss suspects he'll make for Gondor with some amazing secret weapon that Strider plans to use against the Boss. I'm beginning to wonder if it's not something to do with that Trinket. People aren't always totally honest, especially in business, and I think there's more to that Trinket than meets the eye."[beep beep, beep-beep beep-beep] "Excuse me..." Odo began to fiddkle with a ring on one his fingers. "That'll be the Boss."

"Is that a Morse Code ring?" Jimmy asked suspiciously.

"Hey!" Julia cried and snapped the ring off Odo's finger in a flash. "Your days of cavorting with Mordor are over. I've never liked it. Now, either you give up your evil allegiance..."

"Business arrangement..."  

"...or I cut your throat!" And Julia whisked out her knife and held it up against Odo's throat. "Now, what's it to be, Mister Banks?"

"Oh I much prefer option one. The Boss wont like it though."

"Now - you can lead us to Mordor," Julia hissed at him.

"Mordor?" Odo asked in genuine surprise. "Word has it you're full keen on Rivendell --- but Mordor?"

"I think it's about time someone sat Sauron down and had a good talk to him. I mean, he's a fucking megalomaniac! Someone needs to sit him down and spell out a few things..."

"Err..." Jimmy put in cautiously. "The thing is..."

"Shut it!" Julia frowned. "Okay, Mister Banks. Lead the way. I'm not stupid. He won't let us in without an appointment and I know it takes ages to get into to see these moguls. Show us as sneaky way into Barradur, do you comprehendi?"

"But however would I know how to find a sneaky way in?" Odo asked in surprise. "I mean..."

"You best just do it," Jimmy whispered to him. "Julia does get into these moods (sometimes) and even I know (sometimes) when to shut my mouth...."

"And no spiders, Mister Banks!" Julia went on mercilessly. "God I hate spiders."

to be continued...

The Archet Bugle
The Archet Bugle
Forumshire's Most Respectable Journal

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu May 28, 2015 10:25 pm

I love spiders No
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sat May 30, 2015 3:59 pm

Odo attempting a hostile takeover of Mordor is just.. Laughing

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by The Archet Bugle Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:59 am

Chapter Seven

"Now Odo," Julia was saying as they zipped secretively between gnarled trees in Ithilien about a month or so later. "I don't mind spiders generally. Indeed, I quite like them. I'm just concerned you mght be leading me by Cirith Ungol and Shelob - and frankly, I think of her less as a spider and more as a monstrous aspect of primordial darkness who eats people."

"Spiders would eat people too," Jimmy answered for Odo. "If you think of flies and bugs as people, just little, with souls and hopes and dreams - though, admittedly, not as cute as dolphins..."

"But it's natural when little spiders do it. Huge spiders should have more of a concience in my opinion."

"What do you mean? What has size got to do with it?"

"Bigger brains, Jimmy! Bigger thinking capacity!"

"But...?"

"Oh shut up, you. Odo - are we going toward Cirith Ungol?"

"Err.. no .. not now anywhow... Luckilly, I know many other ways into Mordor."

"You do?" Shish asked suspiciously. "Not even I do, and I spent all my school vacations at the Mordor Back-beach Caravan Park"

"Well, we mercantile hobbits don't like leaving things to chance. Who knows when I might have to make a back door deal... or a side door deal.. or a cellar door deal... Anyway, be quiet. You guys are terribly bad sneakers you know. Talkative beyond a joke in my opinion. Do want us to get caught. It won't end well. You guys will be tortured for information  - and then a bit more for fun - and I'll probably get docked - if, of course, even if I can persuade the Boss I tricked you into trying to sneak in one of his secret doors. He docks me every time I go one inch outside intsructions. And I'd hate to think what'd happen if my real enemy catches me  .. Shush! What's that I can hear?"

Suddenly, a whizzing noise and a flutter of air passed Julia's ear. It was an arrow! Out of some trees stalked a group of tall dark and handsome Gondrions. One of them - as you will find is almost always the case - was a bit taller and a bit more darkly handsome than the others.

"Faramir!" Julia exclaimed. "Meeting you is almost better than going to Rivendell!"

"Hello fair maiden. What brings you and this beaituful elf-like goblin and this rather Scotshobbit-like pooch with you?" Faramir asked suspiciously - though his eyes were considering Julia up and down with intense considerableation.

"Oh I'm just a gorgeous single woman going down to Barradur to give Sauron a piece of my mind," Julia told him frankly, as she tried to settle down her wild red hair which was a bit dirty and twiggy after all the camping out with no suitable bathrooms throughout the wildenerness this past month or so. "Oh dear," she added in a very wileful way, "I must look an absolute trollop at the mo."

"Mmm..." Faramir contemplated her, cosididering her even more considerably than before, like he liked trollops or something, which might surprise some readers. "But first things first, where did that strange gangrel creature slip off to?"

"Strange gangrel creature?" Jimmy wondered aloud - not in a friendly manner though, as he had not taken the "Scotshobbit-like pooch"' comment too well. (I'm sure if you were a Scotshobbit, you wouldn't have either).  

"Don't play games with me," Faramir frowned nobly and sternly, his silvery-grey eyes a'flash. "I mean Odo Banks. Where has that rodent scuttled off to? I should very much like to to pick his brains." And that great Gondorion's brow clouded and creased. "Truth be known, I would especially like to beat him to a pulp when I get the chance - just like every other man, woman and hobbit who submitted their virginity to him and honey-coated tongue, only to be left at the Church door on their wedding day?" And was that an anguished tear welling in his eye just now?

Julia, Shish and Jimmy exchanged meaningful glances but really didn't know what to say.

to be continued....

Last edited by The Archet Bugle on Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:30 am; edited 1 time in total
The Archet Bugle
The Archet Bugle

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:40 am

Poor Faramir.  First screwed over by PJ, and now by Odo. Crying or Very sad
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:49 am

I'd probably say it was just some kind of misunderstanding, Eldo. Odo is a bit unlucky in his reputation, but I've always found he has an answer for everything, and should not need to ánswer for everything that rogue, Faramir, seems to be implying. Even if there is a grain of truth in Faramir's 'implicationary language', it does take two to tango - or, in Odo's case (by repution only though!!!) - it might take two or more to tango, depending on various factors. Anyway, I thought I best play devil's advocate as people always seem to believe everything negative that's brought up or alleged or reported or filmed and recorded about Odo's activities. Indeed, taking into account the general Forumshiran view of Odo, I'd be absolutely amazed if anyone ever said anything positive about his behaviour. Rolling Eyes

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:19 am

flower

The Jimmy - Page 7 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

The Jimmy - Page 7 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Archet Bugle Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:49 am

Chapter the Eighth

"I can see you're an honest woman," Faramir said with gruff Gondorion politeness. "But I'm afraid I'll have to tie you up anyway. What was your name - Julia, yes, a rather chaste name, very nice. Hope you don't mind me tying you up quite tightly?"

"You must do what you must," Julia answered agreeably and she happily put her hands behind her back. "You can tie me as tightly as you need. No, no - tighter --- tighter ---- aaaargh! -- that's about right."

"And now for the blindfold."

"I'm not sure I'm totally happy with that. I mean - unless by some magical means you can record what's happening... No? Then why the blindfold, pray tell?"

"I am taking you to a secret place known only to a few."

"Oooh."

"A hidden place where none of my enemies can hear or see what we're doing there."

"Oooh!"

"There we can do all our planning."

"Planning.. and then... Ooooh, you then do what you have to do to me. I'm sure you'll have to be quite rough. I guess there will also be handcuffs and bedrails and flails and... err.. such things... for alll sorts of exquisite torturings... I have absolutely nothing of value I can tell you, of course, but I see quite clearly that you can't take any chances. Oooh, no."

"Oh no, not for you. We don't exquisitely torture beautiful honourable women where I come from. And I can see you're one of the good guys. We'll use those methods on Shish."

"Oh!" Julia asked sharply. "And why is that?"

"Because she is a bad guy. A spy in fact. A beautiful elf-like goblin on the outside, but inside an ugly elf-like goblin."

"But.." Julia began to complain...

"No, sweet woman, you have been tricked. She's got an enchantment on her which makes her look physicially beautiful. In her true form she's very very ugly, in the physical sense, and it's a well known fact (in Forumshire) that all ugly women are, in fact, evil."

Jimmy put in helpfully. "An ugly woman's ugliness, of course, is more than skin deep."   

"I'm not quite sure what you mean by that - but my feminist streak is throbbing..." Julia said uncertainly.

"Watch out! She's got a knife!"

"How can you see inside my knickers?" Julia asked, truly perplexed now.

"No - Shish has!" Jimmy cried.

And sure enough, Shish seeing that the game was up and that the Narrator had kind of lost direction with her and couldn't be bothered trying to think up more things to write about her (when Jimmy and Julia had personalities available that seemed to beg one to make up salacious and defamatory things about them)... where was I? Oh yes. Shish, seeing the game was up, produced a scimitar (of the worse kind) and was brandishing it. Her enchantment had disappeared and they were presented with an ugly orc (of the worse kind). Luckilly, Faramir's bowmen shot her dead with a hundred arrows in the blinking of an eye before any of the nicer characters could get hurt at all.

"You couldn't have just wrestled the scimitar off her could you?" Jimmy said. "I mean, I thought you wanted information from her?"

"Yes, but on reflection, questioning her might make the story more complicated than the narrator is willing to allow, what with him working on two projects, which isn't all that easy you know, not for a lazy narrator like him," Faramir said sternly. (Faramir did have a point - though I daresay he'll pay for the slur later). "As for you, pooch, since when did Narnian animals come to Forumshire?"

"I'm not an animal, I'm a Scotshobbit!"

Faramir became deeply suspicious. "So where's your ridiculous Scotshobbit accent?"

"I don't know - but let's not mention it just now. I am thankful for small mercies."

"Tie him up then," Faramir told his men. "And don't be as gentle as I was with this beautiful maiden Julia. Make sure he feels the burn of rope and gag."

"This is why Scotshobbits hate Gondorions, you know," Jimmy grumbled, but, outnumbered by so many bowmen, allowed them to bind him without a fight. "You know, you'll get yours sooner or later Faramir. I feel it in my waters!"

"Gag him!" Faramir said grimly. "I can't stand the sound of a Scotshobbit's voice, even one that actually sounds quite sensible. And haven't we Gondorions been at war with the Scottish Hebrides and it's pooch-like people for ever so long, and for reasons that I can't elucidate now because I have no idea why! ... And whatever you do, don't step in his waters. We don't know where he's been."

And so, the bound duo were marched off to a secret place. And Shish was left to be devoured by some wargs that had been surreptitiously stalking them. This is what happens to all orcs in the end, mind; even ones that you once were quite fond of (apparently); so you best be aware of it, dear reader.  

to be continued....
The Archet Bugle
The Archet Bugle

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:43 pm

Brilliant ! Laughing

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by The Archet Bugle Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:23 am

Chapter The Ninth
The Secretive Cave and the Banned Pool

"Tell me, Jimmy," Julia said as she sat chained with a neckring to a wall of the cave. "We've been here since July the 8th and Faramir still hasn't tortured me. Is there something wrong with him?"

Chained likewise beside her, Jimmy said:  "Maybe he's just not the torturing type. Not women anyway. No need to, of course, as I told him everything I knew the first day we got here."

"What? When?"

"When you were asleep. He didn't want to disturb you. You know, you look so lovely and innocent and good tempered when you're asleep. I said to him that it wouldn't be nice to torture you anyhow. Not when I knew everything and could tell him. Also, I know how bad tempered you are when you get woken up before eleven thirty..."

"So I didn't get tortured because you blabbed out all our secrets - and you didn't tell me!"

"You didn't ask. You know, when I told him about your plans to go to Mordor and chastise Sauron, he said, 'Oh what a noble thought. Well, now then, as if I could ever torture a noble lady like her.' I did try to tell him you were nowhere near as noble as he thought, but he was so enamoured I think he was impervious to seeing sense."

Julia frowned magificently, then emitted a long long sad ponderous sigh. "So where is he anyway? I haven't seen him since he put us here."

"He's been out a lot trying to catch Odo. Apparently Odo knows secrets worth knowing. Also there is that old romantic score to settle. Involves punishment by scissors, I suspect."

Just then, Faramir appeared before them from out of a neighbouring tunnel.

"Come with me," he said, unchaining them.

"Where are you taking me?" Julia wanted to know. "And why is Jimmy coming?"

"I want you to see something."

"What? Both of us?"  

"Quiet now. Up these rough hewn stairs. Past this waterfallery entrance. Up around this outcrop inside the caves. Down this gnarly slope. Across this natural rock parapet. Through this hole. Up this long convoluted riverletted and rutted tunnel. Out this other cave hole. Look down there!"

"Lovely pool!" Julia exclaimed.

"Hey! That froglike figure!" Jimmy exclaimed. "It's Odo... and he's naked... and what's he doing? Oh sweet Eru!!!!!"

"Never mind that," Faramir said quietly. "It's not actually illegal in Ithilien. But coming to the Banned Pool is. I'm going to catch him and kill him, but I'll torture all his secrets out of him first. And to think.. once I... once we... but no, he'll not escape his fate this time."

"Well, all fine and dandy, but why did you bring us here?" Julia wanted to know.

"Ol' Anon thought if I brought you here some plot idea might come to mind."

"And it hasn't?" Jimmy asked.

"No."

"What if we plead for his life?" Jimmy asked, somewhat reluctantly, but, still, he was generally a helpful kind of Scotshobbit for all his myriad other faults.

"Yeah. That'd be believable," Julia scoffed.

"Hey!" Jimmy cried. "He's finished - eek! - and he's slipping off those rocks -- literally... erk! He'll get away if you're not quick, Mister Faramir.!"  

But Faramr was quick. He made a hand signal to unseen Rangers down below. Shortly after, in just short of a nonce in fact, Odo was captured by the hidden Rangers and he was brought unceremoniously to the main meeting place of Faramir's Secret Caves for interrogation.

"I've got some hard questions to ask you," Faramir stated abruptly as he sat on a wine barrel, sounduing as terse as only a former love interest can. "I will needs torture you if I have to - but I assure you, not like I did in a former happier time."

Odo's whole body drained white and part of him drooped. "Oh no need for nasty stuff," he babbled quickly. "I'll tell you everything."

And he did. And Faramir quickly sent off some of his Rangers to let Denethor know everything that Odo had blurted out.

"Now, as to how I execute you..."  Faramir mused. "Quick or slow. Painful - or with one fell bonk?"

"Bonk?"

"On the head... Mmmmm....."

"Oh please don't kill me," Odo pleaded and fell to his knees. "I'll do anything. Anything..... You know what I'm capable of... anything...." And he licked his lips in a certain way that made Jimmy's stomach turn and Faramir look uneasy.

"Take him to my cave," Farmir told his guards after a few seconds of heavy ponderous face straining thought. "I'll deal with him there."

Jimmy looked aghast at Julia. Julia rolled her eyes.

to be continued....
The Archet Bugle
The Archet Bugle

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:49 am

There are times when I do wish my mind wasnt so active & happily reading between the lines Shocked

Im glad this is continuing ! Ive enjoyed this ! Very Happy Very Happy

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by The Archet Bugle Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:26 pm

Ol' Anon does appreciate people who have low expectations in their fiction! Very Happy
The Archet Bugle
The Archet Bugle

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:53 pm

Reading between the lines reveals half the story though ... sometimes more in Ol Anon's case. Suspect
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by The Archet Bugle Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:38 pm

Chapter Tennish

"Maybe I should have taken that left turn at Alburqurque," Jimmy moaned mournfully as he stood just east of Mirkwood overlooking Lake Town with Erebor a bit further north. "Though after that sorry business in Faramir's secret hideout in Ithilien, and all that crap about Gondorions hating Scotshobbits -well, I could be excused for being a bit spizmozzled."

"Is Alburqurque even a word?" Julia asked wearily as she chewed on possibly the four thousandths foraged stinging nettle that month.    

"It's a town actually," Jimmy said, glad to know he still knew something. "But I don't think it's spelled that way."

"No, I guess we can't expect it to be. Not in a tale like this anyway. I suppose I must take some of the blame as I probably should have noticed we were going north this past period of time, but as is often stated in Forumshire: 'Who knows wherever the north is when the wind is in the bloomers.'"

"Don't you mean the 'bloomingtons'?"

"I'm tired."

"So what do we do now? Go back? I mean, what with the rumour of war, and all the orcish armies we've seen marching and been avoiding, I think Sauron really needs a talking to..."

"Yes, and I'm just the gal to do it, but I'm tired, as I said just before you said what you just said. And to be honest I would kind of like to go to Erebor and the Lonely Mountain. It's on my bucket list actually. I'm sure we can catch up with Sauron later on. Come along, Jimmy: all those stinging nettles, whether superfood or not, are upsetting my delicate mechanicals and I'd prefer not to have go a'la naturale in the rocks again, what with the thistles... So let's hotskippit, Jimmy."

"Is that even a word?"

"It's a couple of words, I think, but being French who cares whether it's spelled right or not. Come on then... before my mood changes and I bop you severely in the codpoppers for taking me exactly the opposite direction you told be you were taking me."  

And off they hotskipped it, not having the faintest idea what would happen next, and they weren't the only ones.

to be continued...  
The Archet Bugle
The Archet Bugle

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:04 pm

cheers

I suppose it's only to be expected Bugs Bunny has visited Down Under. I've been to Albuquerque by the way. Not recommending it.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by The Archet Bugle Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:56 pm

Chapter Eleven

"I thought Dale was smaller somehow," Julia was saying gaily as the two intrepid questers hurried down the main thoroughfare of the town. "And I have to say it's sad to think of all these lovely mediaevel houses in ruins; burned and all. They've redeveloped these past 60 years very well, I grant them that. So I guess all's well that ends better."

"It's a great example of what Men and Dwarves can achieve when they work together," Jimmy said solemnly.

"Yes, it can't all be about dwarf throwing."

"No, it can't at all be about dwarf throwing!" Jimmy said with a sudden severe scowl grappling his nobbly face. "It can NEVER be about dwarf throwing!"

"Yes, dear. Whatever. Oh hello..."

There was a man  - a very handsome man - standing in the doorway of a quaint cottage not far from the bridge up to the Front Gate of the Lonely Mountain. There was something of Budapest about him. (Though you'll have to read "The Hobwit" to get that joke, friends!)

"Well, fancy seeing you two here!" the man said.

"I mean no disrespect," Julia said demurely. "But who the fuck are you?"

"Oh I'm Eric Blunderbuss, an old friend of Farmer Giles. Surely you've heard of me? I have you, you know."

Jimmy and Julia exchanged a perplexed look.

"How do you know us?" Julia asked at last, frowning in thought. No, she couldn't remember Eric Blunderbuss.

"Oh I've read all the Wholesome Tales you see. Fine works if you like that kind of thing. You both are always popping up in them. I especially like the one about the Three Billy Goats Buff."

"Well, we'd prefer not to remember certain things!" Julia exclaimed.

"You look weary and hungry and somewhat discomfitted,"  Eric said appraising Julia closely now.      

"Well, I am in fact. And now as you mention it, can I use your private disposal unit," Julia asked suddenly; being reminded she was (yet again) in urgent need of disposaling.

"This way. Sadly, we have only one room and the disposal unit sits in a corner of same. But I promise not to watch. Would you like tea? I'll make you and Jimmy a cup of tea while I'm not looking."

"I'm not going to look either," Jimmy said. And nor did he want to.

So they soon were in Eric's one room cottage. Jimmy sat on a stool. Eric on a chair. And Julia on a throne, of sorts.

There was one window overlooking the road and it showed a fine view up the mountain toward the Front Gate.      

"To think, Bilbo Baggins was once here somewhere. I wonder if he ever had this view of the Lonely Mountain," Jimmy said nostalgically.

"It's all rather romantic really," Julia sighed. "Hey! Don't look at me!"

"Oh sorry ... Could it have been near here somewhere he got hit on the head with that rock?" Jimmy asked.

"No, it must have ben somewhere higher up," Julia said.

"How can you be so sure, Julia?"

"Sugar?"

"Yes thanks. One lump..... because it was written in the Red Book, that's why!"

"Where?"

"Does it matter? Take my word for it. Hey! Stop looking at me."

"Sorry."

"Ow! Bloody nettles!"

"Strong or weak?"

"What the....?"

"Your tea, Maam."

"Sorry. Strong I think. I need it strong."  

"Bad news. That Black Rider last year. And Gimli gone. He's well liked in the town."

"What? Who's Gimli?"

"Gimli son of Gloin. Gloin went too, though I'm far fonder of Gimli. Bound for great things, I reckon. He went off to a place called Rivendell. Was asked by an Elvih emissary to go. Bad times beckon. Bad times."  

"Oh -- my gosh. I hate it when it's half in half out... What were you saying, Eric?"

"Well, Gimli son of Gloin went to Rivendell last year. It was not long after that Black Rider came here putting the wind up the King under the Mountain."

"Talk about wind...."

Jimmy's slow brain was working. "I wonder if it had anything to do with that Trinket?"  

"No, it was definitely all those nettles..."

"Sorry for interrupting, Julia, but Jimmy! That's amazing you saying that! And then there's that rumour of a broken sword in Imladris too, of course. Mind you, it's hard to make any sense of it all just now."

"Shit yeah," Julia opined. "Ooooh gawwwwwd.... Well, better out than in."

"Your tea, Maam."

"Thank you. But I'd prefer some paper just now. And be careful with that tea. It looks hot!"

"I'm trying not to look, Maam. The roll's behind you there. Under that woolen cosy my poor dead wife made three days before her tragic fall..."

"Oh thanks."

"Trinkets - and now swords that are broken"," Jimmy said. "It's all a proper muddle all right!"

"It sure is, " Julia grumbled.    

Not long after that, Julia and Jimmy bid Eric a fond farewell, promising to visit him again if ever they passed that way.

Before long they had crossed the bridge and were making their way up to the Front Gate.

"This is so exciting!" Julia exclaimed happily. "The Lonely Mountain! Oh wow!"

to be continued....
The Archet Bugle
The Archet Bugle

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:24 am

lol!

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:54 pm

"Oh -- my gosh. I hate it when it's half in half out... What were you saying, Eric?"

Mad
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:59 pm

Who hasnt been in that predicament ? Laughing

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:29 pm

pale its horrible. why does it happen?
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:13 pm

Not enough fibre ? not pushing hard enough ? fear of the unknown ? who can say ?

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum