Ringdrotten
Eldorion
halfwise
Pettytyrant101
Norc
14 posters

Page 10 of 31 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 20 ... 31  Next

Go down

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [3] - Page 10 Empty Re: Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [3]

Post by Norc Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:50 pm

Eldorion wrote:^ That's frickin awesome, Norc.  What's a Tromso palm, though?
Yupp i know Smile
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [3] - Page 10 Empty Re: Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [3]

Post by Bluebottle Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:52 pm

If people want to know they can ask. I'm more than happy to translate. Smile

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:56 pm

Still disrespectful i think.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:56 pm

I did actually think to posting this though. I'll try to remember in future. Smile

https://translate.google.no/translate?sl=no&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=no&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nrk.no%2Fnordland%2Fna-blir-denne-arten-forbudt-i-norge-1.12418653&edit-text=&act=url

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:37 am

Norc wrote:Still disrespectful i think.

It might very well be. That wasn't the intention, but it's hard to know how you come across. Thanks for letting me know.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:38 am

Norc wrote:Big epic photo: http://www2.arcticlightphoto.no/pano/tos52/

Wow. Very Happy I can see a guy on a football field changing the tires on his car.. He's wearing a purple shirt.. Razz

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:58 am

i know. i have a friend who told me she was chilling on the veranda with her boyfriend and it looks like she's giving him a blowjob, luckily you can't see it's her unless you know who's living in that house Razz 

Blue, i was a bit grumpy last night, i guess i could have said that in a nicer tone of voice. sorry Smile i just feel we shouldn't exclude those non-fjordian folk here Wink when i link to articles in norwegian i always write a summary or something of the like when putting it here so the link is more like a source and potential further reading, than actually saying "hey look at this" Smile also i link to the article because there are pictures and videos Wink so yeah, just keep that in mind i guess. It's a small gesture really (to not expect people to tell when they want it translated), a small gesture to make the forum welcoming and including Smile 

norc out.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:06 am

Norc wrote:
Eldorion wrote:^ That's frickin awesome, Norc.  What's a Tromso palm, though?
Yupp i know Smile
oh i didn't see that last question there Razz

a tromsø-palm or Tromsøpalmen, is a garden plant that someone (curse you!!) brought north and it kinda thrived a bit too much up here. it is nearly impossible to get rid of.. it's a war. you gotta hack the roots and put salt on it and repeat and repeat and repeat etc.. and the palm is everywhere. it is also poisonous..  it has sort of become a symbol of the city Razz i'll see if i can find a video on the matter. i know someone made one. a good one. it's kinda hard because there is a film award named after it and a school show argh Mad
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:10 am

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [3] - Page 10 Heracleumnovember
Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [3] - Page 10 Troms%C3%B8palme

huge disgusting plants that are everywhere!!
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:36 pm

Norc wrote:i know. i have a friend who told me she was chilling on the veranda with her boyfriend and it looks like she's giving him a blowjob, luckily you can't see it's her unless you know who's living in that house Razz 

norc out.

Great. Now those of us who have better things to do will waste our time poring through that photo in hopes of voyeuristic nirvana. Life is basically over.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:18 pm

I like how her friend got her excuse in first- always suspicious!

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:48 pm

Norc wrote:
Big epic photo: http://www2.arcticlightphoto.no/pano/tos52/

So given the Norwegian aversion to photos taken without permission, is there a big epic storm brewing?

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:35 pm

Norc wrote:a tromsø-palm or Tromsøpalmen, is a garden plant that someone (curse you!!) brought north and it kinda thrived a bit too much up here. it is nearly impossible to get rid of.. it's a war. you gotta hack the roots and put salt on it and repeat and repeat and repeat etc.. and the palm is everywhere. it is also poisonous..  it has sort of become a symbol of the city Razz i'll see if i can find a video on the matter. i know someone made one. a good one. it's kinda hard because there is a film award named after it and a school show argh Mad

Thanks Norc! That's kind of weird, I don't think I've heard of invasive species becoming so popular before. Razz
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:08 pm

They are pretty horrible, though I do like the taking pride in stuff that isn't necessarily so positive part. Nod

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:10 pm

I find it funny that everyone got caught up in the blowjob part, and not one person commented on them chilling on their porch when there's snow all around. I guess we've made you all see that as perfectly normal. Razz

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:18 pm

Norc wrote:Blue, i was a bit grumpy last night, i guess i could have said that in a nicer tone of voice. sorry Smile i just feel we shouldn't exclude those non-fjordian folk here Wink when i link to articles in norwegian i always write a summary or something of the like when putting it here so the link is more like a source and potential further reading, than actually saying "hey look at this" Smile also i link to the article because there are pictures and videos Wink so yeah, just keep that in mind i guess. It's a small gesture really (to not expect people to tell when they want it translated), a small gesture to make the forum welcoming and including Smile 

norc out.

Oh, that's fine. Don't worry. We all say and do stuff we wish we could have done differently at times. I certainly do. And obviously you have a point. Thanks for explaining though. Smile

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:32 pm

Bluebottle wrote:I find it funny that everyone got caught up in the blowjob part, and not one person commented on them chilling on their porch when there's snow all around. I guess we've made you all see that as perfectly normal. Razz
hahaha  Cool (or the fact that i basically was a sour bitch at you Wink )
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:44 pm

Bluebottle wrote:I find it funny that everyone got caught up in the blowjob part, and not one person commented on them chilling on their porch when there's snow all around. I guess we've made you all see that as perfectly normal. Razz

I mean ... if you're not comfortable being outside in the snow, you probably wouldn't be living in Northern Norway. Shrugging

Plus, Norc did say they were chilling. Nod
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:15 pm

A forgotten (?) treasure Smile

No ser eg atter slike fjell og dalar
som dei eg i min fyrste ungdom såg.
Og same vind den heite panna svalar:
Og gullet ligg på snø som før det låg.
Det er eit barnemål som til meg talar
og gjer meg tankefull, men endå fjåg.
Med ungdomsminne er den tala blanda.
Det strøymer på meg så eg knapt kan anda.

Ja livet strøymer på meg, som det strøymde
når under snø eg såg det grøne strå.
Eg drøymer no, som før eg alltid drøymde
når slike fjell eg såg i lufti blå.
Eg gløymer dagsens strid, som før eg gløymde
når eg mot kveld av sol eit glimt fekk sjå.
Eg finner vel eit hus som vil meg hysa
når soli heim til natti vil meg lysa.

Alt er som før. Men det er meir forklåra,
så dagsens ljos meg synest meire bjart,
og det som beit og skar meg, så det såra,
det gjerer sjølve skuggen mindre svart.
Sjølv det som til å synda tidt meg dåra,
sjølv det gjer harde fjellet mindre hardt.
Forsona koma atter gamle tankar:
Det same hjarta er som eldre bankar.

Og kvar ein stein eg som ein kjenning finner:
for slik var den eg flaug ikring som gut.
Som var det kjempor, spør eg kven som vinner
av den og denne andre høge nut.
Alt minner meg. Det minner, og det minner
til soli bort i snøen sloknar ut.
Og inn i siste svevn meg eingong huggar
dei gamle minne og dei gamle skuggar.

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [3] - Page 10 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:14 pm

Hfjlcogcfjnø #fadderuke
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:45 pm

1st line, correct me if Im wrong ? ( Halfy should know this Laughing )

No sir egg batter s'like fell dog dinner................. Very Happy

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [3] - Page 10 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Fjordlandia Viking bar & kaffistove, main str. 221B, Needlehole [3] - Page 10 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:38 pm

Sounds right to me Azriel Nod Laughing

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by huffjuff Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:12 pm

Norc wrote:Hfjlcogcfjnø #fadderuke

Hard life! My fadderuke starts monday... First brassbandpractice on Tuesday though! Can't wait! It'll be so much fun finally getting to play in a amature band Very Happy

huffjuff
Ringwinner

https://andreashustadphotography.myportfolio.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:18 pm

Best of luck with the gig huffjuff! Will it be recorded?

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:25 am

yeah wheres Halfy when you need a translation? scratch

No ser eg atter slike fjell og dalar
som dei eg i min fyrste ungdom såg.

no sir eggs are fatter and my dog fell on the plate
some day I will fasten my underwear sag.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 31 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 20 ... 31  Next