Baingil
Squach
odo banks
Ally
Pettytyrant101
27 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Things that are making you crabbit! - Page 22 Empty Re: Things that are making you crabbit!

Post by odo banks Wed May 16, 2012 1:34 pm

Don't buy any bridges from anyone who is not a reputable bridge-maker, Norc. That's my sound advice. Things that are making you crabbit! - Page 22 1918643206

Respectable Hobbit of Needlehole

Back to top Go down

Things that are making you crabbit! - Page 22 Empty Re: Things that are making you crabbit!

Post by Norc Wed May 16, 2012 3:48 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:He's very particular. Wont even accept an American Express Card on the grounds only nationalities that truly appreciated alcohol should be allowed to buy it- says the American Experss card is only good for kids soft drinks- like budwieser.

but then sure, I have some valuta that can be used Very Happy
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed May 16, 2012 5:35 pm

valuta? Is that something to do with exchange rates? Suspect

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed May 16, 2012 6:06 pm

.. ehm.. yeah Smile
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Wed May 16, 2012 6:41 pm

odo banks wrote:Don't buy any bridges from anyone who is not a reputable bridge-maker, Norc. That's my sound advice. Things that are making you crabbit! - Page 22 1918643206

Odo, do you know a reputable bridge-maker who could make me one of these? (I'm having some livestock problems Shocked )

Things that are making you crabbit! - Page 22 12869595_304a_1024x2000
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun May 20, 2012 4:33 pm

can you link/like forumshire to facebook? O I am hopeless at this techy stuff. Mad

aaarggghh! I keep snagging my tights on Daves protruding stone bits, will someone please turn him back to normal! Mad Petty!! Mad
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun May 20, 2012 4:39 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:can you link/like forumshire to facebook? O I am hopeless at this techy stuff. Mad

why would we link forumshire to facebook? I mean, well.. erm. why?

(we could make a facebook group though, then we don't have to be friends on facebook, but still well, have a group. a group or a site. I think I know how to make one)
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun May 20, 2012 5:04 pm

I think I've said before, facebook comes straight from the devil. My advice is to link as few things to it as possible - it really will bite you on the ass.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun May 20, 2012 5:11 pm

then it will eat me up.. better go fake my own death.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Sun May 20, 2012 5:56 pm

I got Facebook back in 2007 and by 2010 it was so full of rubbish from people I hadn't been in contact for years, I gave up and made one with just close friends/family so we could just share photos and stuff. Razz I also made another one for internet stuff, some sites it's just much easier to sign up via facebook than typing all that info out, I think it's okay to link it stuff as long as you're careful and don't upload an avi of yourself (for example, the account I used to link to THM is of my sister Razz) and then just don't check it!

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun May 20, 2012 7:33 pm

so thats a no to Facebook then. Shocked
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun May 20, 2012 7:38 pm

Things that are making you crabbit! - Page 22 Tumblr_lxibfgNZBJ1r11pipo2_250

I'm all for facebook!
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun May 20, 2012 7:42 pm

Martin is soo cute when he's angry! Razz
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun May 20, 2012 7:46 pm

super cute ^^ and probably even more angry/cute when he finds out Sherlock is alive Smile
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun May 20, 2012 8:16 pm

As an example of how evil facebook is, and should only be used for finding friends and NOTHING ELSE, is you know all those little surveys out there? Little things that look kinda funny so you do them just to see what happens?

Well, about a year ago there was something along the lines of 'what does she really think of you in bed' or some such, and I innocently filled it out thinking this was just between me and the computer, you know? And it was flippin' broadcast to all my contacts that I took that stupid survey. Because facebook naturally assumes that everything you do is everyone's business to know about. Note: this was a webpage that had no obvious link to facebook, but it had a link to facebook under the hood, so to speak. And these hidden links are everywhere now. Yes, you can turn all this stuff off, but the very fact that it is turned on by default tells you what kind of evil mindset you are dealing with.

Facebook is trouble just waiting to happen, and it's becoming increasingly more interlinked. Get an account to find friends you've lost contact with, but look up the preferences and turn everything off you possibly can and don't link anything to it, that's my advice.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun May 20, 2012 8:20 pm

thanks for the advice, touch wood nothing too weird has happened yet, but if it does I will pull the plug. Shocked Shocked
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun May 20, 2012 8:33 pm

Why did you fill out such a survey in the first place? Laughing

Also, doesn't stuff like that requires you to input information about your FB account before it's able to post it there? scratch
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun May 20, 2012 8:42 pm

erm, one just does. its curiosity. Embarassed
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun May 20, 2012 8:49 pm

ditto. But the scary thing is NO: you were not required to fill out FB account information. There was no hint of facebook about that webpage. But facebook knew. It knew. Worse yet, it then proceeded to advertise.

Creepy stuff. If there was any better way to locate people I'd drop my FB account in a second.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun May 20, 2012 8:52 pm

well soon we will all be forced to be microchipped so its better to keep a low a profile as possible I reckon. Shocked
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun May 20, 2012 9:15 pm

halfwise wrote:As an example of how evil facebook is, and should only be used for finding friends and NOTHING ELSE, is you know all those little surveys out there? Little things that look kinda funny so you do them just to see what happens?

Well, about a year ago there was something along the lines of 'what does she really think of you in bed' or some such, and I innocently filled it out thinking this was just between me and the computer, you know? And it was flippin' broadcast to all my contacts that I took that stupid survey. Because facebook naturally assumes that everything you do is everyone's business to know about. Note: this was a webpage that had no obvious link to facebook, but it had a link to facebook under the hood, so to speak. And these hidden links are everywhere now. Yes, you can turn all this stuff off, but the very fact that it is turned on by default tells you what kind of evil mindset you are dealing with.

Facebook is trouble just waiting to happen, and it's becoming increasingly more interlinked. Get an account to find friends you've lost contact with, but look up the preferences and turn everything off you possibly can and don't link anything to it, that's my advice.

but if one doesn't have the urge to find out stuff like that and are aware that everything you do on the internett could backfire, and if you are bright enough you know the most common traps and avoid them Wink
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun May 20, 2012 9:58 pm

In other words, don't bother to do much of anything on the internet.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun May 20, 2012 10:32 pm

no, in other words, don't do stupid things on the internett Wink
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun May 20, 2012 10:35 pm

does that include here? Shocked I like being stupid on the internet here.

Last edited by Mrs Figg on Sun May 20, 2012 10:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun May 20, 2012 10:36 pm

Hope not! Shocked

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next