Forest Shepherd
Eldorion
Ringdrotten
Pettytyrant101
malickfan
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

New online animated adaptation of The Hobbit on the way - Page 2 Empty Re: New online animated adaptation of The Hobbit on the way

Post by Forest Shepherd Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:29 pm

Reposting the gist of my other comment:
Mad

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

New online animated adaptation of The Hobbit on the way - Page 2 Empty Re: New online animated adaptation of The Hobbit on the way

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:41 pm

azriel wrote:
Sinister71 wrote:

slap laugh  LOVE IT!!!!! slap laugh

Loved it also !! just went to quick, could have watched more of that Razz  shows up even more the shat peejers has given us. Mad

Laughing thats great.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by feanor 1999 Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:47 pm

Ayup All...

Not bad is it ?

I like the way Bilbo looks like 'snap, crackle or pop' from the Rice Krispies box, and that his pupils are so small as to make him look well stoned ! Gandy has very piercing eyes and looks real angry, LOL. And Thorin sounds like Father Abraham of the Smurfs... But the story's all there.

I do like PJs version of the party, mainly because the song's great but its one of the few bits I DO like... Roll on part 2.

Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:03 pm

feanor 1999 wrote:Ayup All...

Not bad is it ?

I like the way Bilbo looks like 'snap, crackle or pop' from the Rice Krispies box, and that his pupils are so small as to make him look well stoned ! Gandy has very piercing eyes and looks real angry, LOL. And Thorin sounds like Father Abraham of the Smurfs... But the story's all there.

I do like PJs version of the party, mainly because the song's great but its one of the few bits I DO like... Roll on part 2.

Hey Feanor nice to see you drop in again, I agree to an extent, it is rather charming in a way, the designs are nice and low Key, and it does seem similar to the images I personally have of the book. I liked they resisted the attempt to 'epic' things up, I felt Jackson's version was staged too seriously (in terms of camera placement and mood) the Hobbit whichever way you cut it is a rather silly story in places, trying to make it bigger than it needs to be only ends up bloating the storyline and confusing the tone.

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by feanor 1999 Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:46 pm

Ayup MF..

I agree with you completely there. PJ has just over-egged the pudding big style. As I've said before, When he didnt get the adulation of the Book fans, he decided to make TH for his new Comic-Conned Fanboys, and so we got what we got. I can't say that the backgrounds, costumes and effects are naff, they aren't, but as Petty has said many a time, its been the script. Which has been a big, steaming pile of Horse Dung.

The only thing I dont like about the cartoon, are the dwarves. I think its the big, round, bald heads which put me off. They're too much like something you'd find in a 'Rupert' cartoon strip. I like Wetas on this occasion. And there's the odd bit of modern-speak in there too from the narrator, which sounds well out of place, but funny at the same time. Whoever posted the Linky, Thanks.

Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:22 pm

feanor 1999 wrote:Ayup MF..

I agree with you completely there. PJ has just over-egged the pudding big style. As I've said before, When he didnt get the adulation of the Book fans, he decided to make TH for his new Comic-Conned Fanboys, and so we got what we got. I can't say that the backgrounds, costumes and effects are naff, they aren't, but as Petty has said many a time, its been the script. Which has been a big, steaming pile of Horse Dung.

The only thing I dont like about the cartoon, are the dwarves. I think its the big, round, bald heads which put me off. They're too much like something you'd find in a 'Rupert' cartoon strip. I like Wetas on this occasion. And there's the odd bit of modern-speak in there too from the narrator, which sounds well out of place, but funny at the same time. Whoever posted the Linky, Thanks.

The script was probably the most inconsistent thing with LOTR as well, the difference here is Jackson and co have much less source material to work with, and a little too much creative freedom to play with (Odd really, as Jackson's work in the 90's was very consistent imo, and he was hardly on a leash by the studios), it's almost as if they were too confident 'The fans and teenagers will like it anyway so let's just rehash things a little with more shield surfing', lots of stuff in these films just feels like it's by committee or ticking boxes for fans-Legolas stunts, love triangle, fan servicey staging of riddles (it looked like it was staged like a cheeky wink to the audience 'Remember this guy? Isn't he hilarious!', and PJ ruined it by getting Bilbo to kick Gollum on the face on the way out...).

As for the cartoon I've only watched it once (though I own the DVD) quite a while ago (and I may have been drunken at the time...) but I remember enjoying it quite alot, simple and to the point with a nice pace, catchy songs and a surprisingly OK American Gandalf, I'd agree the designs were probably the weak point, though it's mainly the freaky froggoblinhoblin Wood Elves that get on my nerves, I don't know who thought up that design...

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2