Post by Bluebottle Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:32 pm

Haha, fair point. Very Happy

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

lingonberry pickers - Page 6 Empty Re: lingonberry pickers

Post by Bluebottle Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:36 pm

azriel wrote:
Bluebottle wrote:Haha. Well, I guess it's a good way to look at things.

"Could I have a hug, please. At least I'd feel better."

I guess that's kind of what I wanted to get across. While a hug changes nothing, at least it tells you that someone cares.

Smile

Of course it does ! Very Happy  a hug changes something you know, its not all negative Smile

Fair point. Either way, we could all use a hug at times. Smile

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:50 pm

I'm such a troll. Sofa

“Didn't I tell you two to stop that..“ Ringo started. Normaly he would just have found it funny, how two people could keep arguing this consistently.. but troll hunting was not a game. «You lie in the snow and wait for the stones to move.» What an odd way to put it, but he guessed it had a core of truth to it. And troll hunting was that simple, until you brought in the uncertain factor off the trolls. Was that..? He thought he had seen something move. And quite close too. Yes, there it was again.
“We might have a problem,” he said. Lowering his voice as far as he dared. The two others didn't seem to immidiately pick up on his words. He repeated them with a cough. “Guys. I think we might have a problem.” A hundred ideas started running through his head. He squashed all of them. This could so easily go catastrophically wrong. At that moment a persistent expectant silence hit him. Nora had asked him something, he knew.. He grasped for it in his subconsciousness.  
“Trolls.” he finally answered. Keeping his voice as quiet as possible. Definitely trolls. And three of them.. so close. This had certainly not been part of the plan.
“Trolls?” Nora asked.
“Three.” he confirmed. There was no way he could handle three on his own. And running from a troll would get you nowhere. A troll would follow you to the end of the earth if it saw you run. As certain and persistent as a volcanic ashcloud.
“I think,” Ringo said after a few moments, he made sure to stand completely still speaking softly out of the corner off his mouth. “You two better get out of here.” It was the only solution. They couldn't handle themselves with trolls. And certainly not around three of them. There was nothing for it. He would have to detain them while they got away.
“What..” Blue started. A first time troll hunter really was the last thing he needed. Firmness and assurance was needed here. And speed. There was no time for explanations, and certainly no time for pointless questions. Not even any rushed goodbyes.  
“Didn't you hear me,” Ringo hissed. “Run! Now!”
“But...” Blue began. Nora had seemed to grasp the situation better and seemed to be literally taking Blue in hand. But he zooned them both out. There was nothing. Nothing but him the valley and the three approaching trolls. He seeked to rid himself of all excess emotions. There was nothing to grip too, nothing to trust but himself and his years of experience. He let himself slowly down the ledge in front of their campsite and started moving towards the trolls..

You'll get the rest of this later. Promise. Smile

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:45 pm

Here you go. Very Happy

As the other two set off, he saw the trolls look straight past him. Their basic instinct always to take the path of least resistance. To hunt the weaker prey. They would get no chance to do that today.

«Nice weather,» he called. Trolls were renowned for hating anything to do with the weather. With a vengance. «I heard it will snow later.» Their attention were now firmly on him. Good, he thought. Now just remain exactly where you are. They were right there, by the cliff edge. Nothing beyond them but the sea. The wind from off it hit against his face, ruffling up his hair.

Well, there was only one thing he could do. One thing that would keep his friends safe. One thing..

One thing trolls always forgot, he thought. Large weights pivots easily on their axis. Especially when supported on long thin legs.

He was in the air before they had any chance to react. Somehow he managed to hit all three, bringing them with him in the fall off the cliff.

This isn't so bad, Ringo thought as he was falling. Perhaps it really is the landing that's the problem..

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:46 pm

#fadetoblack #rollcredits #endofseasonone

I think. Sofa

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:37 pm

#Reichenbach-feels

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:52 pm

You read it? bounce Very Happy

(I hope you liked your reintroduction. Smile )

Amarië wrote:#Reichenbach-feels

Very Happy Sofa

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:33 am

The best installment yet! cheers

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:10 pm

:clap:

lingonberry pickers - Page 6 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

lingonberry pickers - Page 6 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:03 pm

Gee, you guys. Thanks. Smile

I know for those of you who wanted some action, I've kind of kept you waiting for 16 parts. Still, I think I had this planned from the very beggining. Feels odd to actually get around to it more than half a year later. Razz Sofa

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:04 pm

I somehow felt this was a fitting closing frame for the first season. Sofa

lingonberry pickers - Page 6 Tumblr_nlgzusp0Bp1ssite1o1_500

I'm working on the next couple of parts, though I'm not entierly sure how I feel about what I've written so far yet. Ah, well. I guess you'll see them eventually. Smile

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:02 pm

Season 2. Or at least two more parts. Smile

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:03 pm

Part 18 wrote:"And in that situation, your friend in danger, an official fjordlandian agent and a high ranking department official decided to.. run away?" Amarië asked curtly, a hint of disbelief and perhaps even outrage creeping into her voice.
"Being a high ranking official doesn't give you any competence.." Blue started.
"Sorry, i should have said a high ranking official in the department for troll affairs." Amarië continued stonefaced.
"But that was never my.." Blue again started, his voice trailing off
"He told us to run.." Nora said quietly. "I'm not sure there's anything we could have.."
There were a couple of seconds of silence in which Amarië now focused here gaze on Nora. There was iron in that look, although a glimmer of caring too.
"He told us to run, so we ran." Nora said more assured, seeming to collect herself
"It's not something we're very proud of." Blue chimed in.
"And now Sgt.." Amarie¨started.
"Lt"
"Lt Herring is missing." She finished.
"We had them send out a search party," Nora started.. "But, so far.."  
"No news," Blue finished.
"And what were you doing out troll hunting in the first place? I specificly told you to wait until we could find Sgt Herring a second."  Amarië continued, the outrage still clear in her voice.
"It was Blues decision." Nora said .
"That you supported," Blue complained.
"Reluctantly."
"I'm sorry?"
"Did you really think I wouldn't blame you for this?"
"I'm sorry." Blue said, looking shattered.
"Well, sorry isn't good enough." Nora said, refusing to look at him.
"God," Amarië said. Putting her head in her hands. "The two of you. There's a reason I sent you off to the the sde of the country. You give me a right headache.  I'm only sorry nowe I sent dear Sgt.."
"Lt"
"Lt herring with you. Poor man," she finished.
"Oh, normally he just broke out the popcorn," Blue said.
"What?" Amarië asked.
"Nothing."
"If anyone will be allocating blame around here it will be me." Amarië said. "And I've had it. From now on you are under my direct authority and I will supervise you closely. No more unsanctioned heroic field trips, and furthermore I'll be expecting updates."
"Updates?!" Blue said scrutinized. This was not something that was normally demanded of  high ranking governement officials. It was certainly a slight, almost a reprimenad, and certainly intended that way.  
"Twice a day." Amarië affirmed.
"Twice?!" Blue coudln't keep the hint of outraged shock out of his voice.
"Do I hear any complaints," Amarië said, the steel back in her eyes.
"No.." Blue said. his voice trailing of.
"And i want no more trouble from the two of you."
"Yeah, good luck with that." Nora said rolling her eyes.
"Good luck with what?" Blue asked her pointedly.
"And a lot less of the bickering to, please."
"Yes, mom." Nora said under her breath. Amarië seemed to ignore it, going on regardless.
"Furthermore, Ms Herring.."
"Agent!" Nora complained.
"Sorry, Agent Herring is in charge."
"What.. But.." Blue started.
"You really think you should be after the last disaster?" Amarië asked, giving him a sharp look.
"No.. not really.."
Amariës demeanour changed completely.
"Good. Well, that's handled. You can give me your first update over dinner tommorow." Amarië said in a more friendly tome. "You guys holding up okay?" She said walking out from behind the table at which she had been sitting. "I know this must have been a traumatic experience."
"We're.." Nora started, but just as soon stopped.
Amarië reached out stroking away a tear that had fallen from Noras right eye, and all of a sudden she had gathered her up in a hug.
"I know it's difficult," she said. "Even when you've been through it so many, many times before."

"So, the not in front of Amarië thing?"
"Yeah, I guess that didn't work out." Nora chuckled darkly.
"She gave you a hug." Blue whispered shocked.
"I know," Nora said. Her eyes turning as round as two plates.
"Do you really blame me?" Blue asked as they walked back into the hotel lobby. Emotion creeping back into his voice.
Nora chewed on it for a couple of seconds.
"No, that was harsh... It was Ringos decision to take us out. You didn't known better. Should have known better, but didn't."
"Yeah.." Blue said, leaving the word hanging in mid air. "It's just.." He started.
"Ringo?" Nora asked.
"Yeah.." Blue said.
"I know," Nora said, gathering him a hug that almost squeezed the air out of him.
"God, how do you do that with youir eyes?" Blue asked. "When you cry.. it's like they inflate."
"None of that please." Nora said gripping him even tighter."Anyway you stole that from Doctor Who."
"Doesn't mean it's not true," Blue muttered.
"Tomorrow?" He asked.
"Tomorrow." Nora affirmed.

Last edited by Bluebottle on Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:03 pm

More David and Eldo.

"Do you really think we should be out here this late Professor?" Eldo asked David. "What about the trolls?"
"What trolls?"
"You know.. the trolls."
"Oh, that's just superstition. So these fjordlandiands can keep their berries to themselvees. I mean.. trolls. Have you ever heard anything so silly." David scoffed.  
"I'm not so sure, Professor. The locals all go on as if they're real." Eldo said.
"Well, they would wouldn't they." David said matter of factly.  
"And the snow," Eldo said sinking in almost to his waist. Had he really done 3 full years of grad school to end up trudging trough the snow in outback fjordlandia. He could be in some warm cosy little research office back in the American heartland. "Are you really sure we'll find anything at all?"
"Oh, don't worry about that. All we need to do is dig down to them."
"Well.. if you say so." Eldo said, still feeling unconvinced.
"Here's the spade." David said handing him what looked like a garden utensil. Not really the thing you wanted for a proper job of digging.
"But this is like a garden shovel. Where did you even get this?" Eldo said disbelieving.
"Nevermind." David said lookng in a different direction, seemingly engrossed in getting some warmth back in his hands.
"Even I know that's not the thing for shoveling snow," Eldo said exasperated.
"Oh, come now. No more complaints." david said disinterested. "Remember I still haven't decided on your grade."
"Fine, fine." Eldo said as he exhasperatedly started digging.
It was going to be a long night, Eldo thought.
The snow kept falling.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:05 pm

I thought you had finished Blue? (Not that Im complaining as such if theres more, its just I had got hopelessly behind and so copied and pasted it all to a word doc so I could sit down and read it all when I got the chance- and now theres a season 2- bugger I really need to catch up on this!)

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:47 pm

It'll probably go on a little while longer. The season 1 thing was mostly a joke, as where I ended up with these last parts reminded me a bit of the end of season 1 of Game of Thrones, and, as Amarië noted, a bit of the end of season 2 of Sherlock too. I think it would have been a bit unfair to the people who have stuck with the story this far to end the story there, although I do generally like the idea of ending a story on a clifhanger.

Either way, I'd be very interested to hear what you think of it. Smile Particularily if you're reading it unabridged.

I've no idea what the total word count must have gotten up to by now. A fair bit I'm sure. Sofa

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:48 pm

A very reluctant double act..

Part 19 wrote:"You know, I really do hate you." Blue said.
"What?!" Nora said. Shocked? Angry?
"How does anyone get to live in a place as pretty as this. It's just not fair."
"Oh."
"And you have the nothern light," Blue continued
"We have the northern lights." Nora repeated, seemingly loosing interest. Brushing a snowflake off her coatarm.
"And the midnight sun." Blue said.
"And the midnight sun."
"Well, you asked me to show you the view." Nora said.
"And that you did," Blue smiled.
There was a couple of seconds of silence as Blue kept stearing off into the distance.
"Hey, do you like my coat?" Nora asked giving it a twirl.
"Sure," Blue said not very enthusiasticly.
"What? Come on, give me at least a hint of ethusiasm, it's the same coat Sherlock wears."
"Yeah, I noticed that." Blue said.
"Not from the actual tv show though." Nora went on. "I have one of those too though, bought it at an auction, but it's too big for me. This is just from the same maker."
"Great.." Blue said
"What?"
"Well, it's not like you wear your Sherlock coat when you're not in charge." Blue said, purposefully looking in another direction.
"Hey, I just found it in my old cupboard." Nora explained.
"So, it's not just because you now have a sidekick?"
"You're my sidekick?"
"Reluctantly, yeah."
"Oh." Nora smiled. "Well, not wholly."
"It's a nice coat though. I didn't mean to say anything else." Blue professed.  
"Nice? That's all you got to say." Nora complained jokingly.
"Oh, fine. It's really cool, ok. I'm super jealous. Better?"
"Better." Nora agreed.

"Perhaps we should get on with work?" Blue suggested when he finally managed to take his eyes off the view.
"Yeah," Nora started. "But what?"
"Beats me." Blue said after a couple of seconds of thought. "You?"
"I've got nothing," Nora said.
"Gaaaaaaaahhh." She continued. "For some reason I just feel like procrastinating."
"Wait. I know what we'll do." Nora finished smiling after a couple of seconds of thought. "We'll go buy some pillows. I need some new pillows. Leopold approriated mine while I was away. "
"Pillows?" Blue asked.
"Pillows." Nora affirmed as as she started walking. "There's this great place right on the main square."

"And you worked it out just like that?" Blue asked shocked.
"Elementary, my dear Watson." Nora said proudly.
"Watson? Do I have to be Watson?"  Blue complained.
"Why wouldn't you want to be Watson. If you believe the fanfiction anything might happen."
"Really?"
"No."
"I'd prefer Molly, really. If I have to be anyone."
"Fine, fine." Nora gasped. "You can be Molly."
"Great." Blue said. "So.. Pillows?"
"Yers." Nora agreed.
"Well, they certainly have enough. They aren't joking when they say they're stacking them to the ceiling. The agony of choice. eh?"
"Agony of choice?" Nora asked. Is there an agony of choice when it comes to pillows?"
"Well.." Blue started. "You can buy expensive ones, or really cheap ones. What to buy, and why?"
"You buy what you want. Normaly something mid range seems preferable."
"But.. do you go with something luxurious like goose feathers, or the cheaper option of the  artificial stuff."
"Oh, I guess we all want some luxury in our lives." Nora answered matter of factly.
"Haha, yeah. I guess we do. But don't you consider about those sorts of things.." Blue continued. "It is after all something you're going to spend a third of your life sleeping on. Why not make an invenstment? Get the right one?"
"Either way, you still need pillows." Nora said.
"But don't you want the right ones?" Blue asked.
"Are there right ones? Are there wrong ones?" Nora asked.
"Yeah.." Blue said. "I guess that's what I'm asking. Why commit to something you're not sure of.."
"errrrrr.. are we still alking about pillows?"
"I don't know," Blue said. "I don't have any answers."
"No, only questions." Nora rolled her eyes.
"Which do you want anyway?" Blue asked.
"Well, you know my birthday is coming up."
"You're birthday is coming up."
"And you're probably thinking about getting me a present."
"I'm probably thinking about getting you a present."
"Well, here's you're chance." Nora smiled.
"Here's my chance," Blue repeated.
"What do you say," Nora said. "You'll buy me some new pillows."
"Oh, fine." Blue said. "I'll buy you some new pillows."
"Great." Nora said, "We'll take the most expensive ones."
"The most expensvive ones, obviously."
"Hey. You have to use that governement salary on something, right." Nora smirked.
"The super royal deluxe model with swans feathers," the girl at the counter said. "I must commend you on your choice."

"So," Blue asked as they were standing outside the pillow store. "What's next on the agenda?"
"I don't know," Nora said.
"Ice cream?" Blue suggested.
"Ice cream," Nora affirmed.

"So, we've bought pillows, we've looked at the view, we've bought icecream. Is there anything else to do around here?"
"Well," Nora started. "Have you been up on the mountain yet?"
"No."
"It's pretty cool. You can buy bear."
"Bear?"
"Sorry, beer. Language.."  
"On the mountain?" Blue asked. "Is that a good idea?`What if you get drunk and fall off?"
"I don't know.. There are fences, I guess." Nora said shrugging. "Anyway, I'm not sure I was suggesting getting drunk enough to fall off.." She trailed off.
"Perhaps we should try to do something work related?" Blue suggested.
"Yeah," Nora stared. "But what?"
"Beats me." Blue said after a couple of seconds of thought. "Hey, isn't that those two Americans tourists form the train?" He asked, pointing to two people clearly engrossed in a huge turist-ee type map  on the ther side of the square.
"Yes, now what are they doing here?" Nora said in a scratching your head rhetorically sort of tone.  
"Beats me." Blue said.
"A lot of things seemingly do," Nora said rolling her eyes. "I just mean.. I'm not sure they are what they seem." She said considering.
"They're not... Americans?" Blue ventured.
"Oh, for God's sake." Nora said exasperated. "Now, just shut up and let me do the talking."

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:33 pm

I like the argument about pillows ! I like the repeating phrases ! Laughing

lingonberry pickers - Page 6 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

lingonberry pickers - Page 6 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:36 pm

You really have been studying GRRM, Blue...going on for pages with other characters while Ringo just hangs in mid air with trolls. Mad

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:30 am

Very Happy

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:44 am

For some reason this kind of reminded me of this last part. Sofa

lingonberry pickers - Page 6 Tumblr_nh8swcgTmZ1sul8clo1_500
http://askasmodean.tumblr.com/

I guess what I was trying to get across was that after everything that had happened both Blue and Nora would be feeling a bit lost. And as such while they both felt they should probably get on with work they would just end up procrastinating, doing silly stuff like going for ice cream. I don't know how it came across, but that was kind of the idea.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:13 pm

As Petty put all the parts in one document, I kind of had to check for myself just how long it had gotten.

lingonberry pickers - Page 6 1568110

(I'm struggling with err.. writing the next part so.. not too long hopfully. Smile )

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:21 pm

I have rather a lot of reading to do! Shocked

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:49 pm

Get on with the story! I distinctly remember ordering updates twice a day, Blue... Suspect

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:46 pm

I did say that, didn't I. Um.. Shocked Sofa Laughing

(Thanks for caring enough to complain. Razz )

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum